“Amazing! Just Amazing!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Tannery Townhouse

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Dungarvan
Tannery Townhouse
You added Tannery Townhouse to your Saves list
10 Quay Street, Dungarvan, Ireland   |
Ranked #4 of 20 Dungarvan B&B and Inns
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Waterford, Ireland
“Amazing! Just Amazing!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2012

My friends and I spent last night in the Tannery Townhouse and it was just amazing - the rooms were fabulous and the attention to detail is just brilliant. The beds are so so comfortable- I even took a sneaky look to see what brand the mattress was ! Tried to see the brand of pillows too but without success ! Needless to say had a fantastic sleep! The breakfast was yum and it was lovely not to be under pressure to check out early.

We ate in the Tannery Restaurant too and the food was just so amazing ! The entire Tannery staff are just top class - very professional, really helpful and friendly. There was a wedding reception in the Tannery School and it looked fabulous - so intimate and how wow it must be to have Paul Flynn cook for you on your most special of days!
Lovely to see on his TV series how proud he is to be from Dungarvan and how he promotes County Waterford!
If you have not been to the Tannery - make it your business to go very very soon because it is worth it!
Thanks to all for a lovely time.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Cork
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2012

My man & I stayed at the Townhouse last Saturday evening after a family event nearby. It's lovely, absolutely lovely. We really appreciated the privacy, the comfy bed and the gorgeous breakfast in the morning. I thought it was like something out of Jane Austen with a modern twist. Room 10 had windows on two sides so there was loads of light in the morning - really enjoyed the experience of staying there.
To finish off our 24 hour escape to Dungarvan we had lunch in the restaurant itself. Nice, but not as nice as breakfast in bed :-)

Room Tip: number 10, top of the house - very nice indeed
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
Doncaster
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2012

Our second visit to the Tannery townhouse and the restaurant for New Year this time. My husband and I were made to feel very welcome and it was lovely to enjoy the Irish charm at New Year. We had a fantastic stay. The rooms are very comfortable, we had a lovely deep bath in a modern bathroom. Breakfast was as lovely as last time, very filling and a refreshing alternative to a fry up when staying away. We had delicious yoghurt with a rhubarb and I think plum compote which was slightly spiced and I wish I could learn to make to have for breakfast at home. The raspberry muffins were delicous too.

We ate at the restaurant on NYE which was spectacular. A wonderful atmosphere with friendly staff. Marie is a very friendly and fantastic hostess. It was lovely to meet Paul the next day when we handed in our keys and thank him for the amazing food. Hopefully before long my husband and I can come along and do one of the cookery courses.

It was great on New Years Day morning to be able to laze in bed, have a relaxing breakfast and listen to the church bells chiming. Such a wonderful place to visit and it won't be our last time.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
tannery, Owner at Tannery Townhouse, responded to this review, February 22, 2012
Dear Cosmo Sarah
Cant tell you how delighted we were to be the chosen spot for your surprise New Years Eve night out. Really looking forward to seeing you back in Ireland again something in 2012.
with best wishes to you and your husband.
Clare
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2011

We spent a weekend at The Tannery Townhouse with dinner in the restaurant on Saturday. The staff were charming and efficient. We could not praise the set-up at the Townhouse highly enough: the room was spacious, under-stated in style and contained everything we needed, including a Nespresso machine. Delicious muffins appeared by magic outside the door to complement what the breakfast fairy had placed in the fridge, so that you could take your time over breakfast and meet no one in the morning, if such was your fancy. An intravert's paradise! And when you do leave the room, you step out into the (very quiet)centre of Dungarvan, with the water beckoning down Quay Lane and Nude Food presenting other temptations around the corner. We will be back for the food festival in the spring!

Room Tip: look at the photos on the website to choose the colour that appeals to you
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
Dear Rose
Thank you for that really great review on the Tannery Townhouse. Our Food Festival this year is happening on the weekend of 14th April so really hope to see you back here again for that.
Cork
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2011

Ok, be prepared for some serious gushing :)

We've stayed at the Townhouse a few times at this point, and we really love it there. It's become a tradition as a treat getaway for us; and the restaurant is our favourite restuarant in Ireland - absolutely amazing!

Most recently we ate Sunday lunch there last weekend. Once again the food was spectacular! I'm not much of a meat eater, preferring fish and chicken, but The Tannery is one of the only two restaurants where I will order a steak. I did this time and I cannot describe how delicious it was! My husband a super full bodied bouillabase, oozing with flavour and full of generous helpings of fish.

All the staff are really friendly, but they also really know their stuff. You can really trust their recommendations, and at no point will they ever try to rush you with your food. Once you're there, you can really sit back and relax and take your time, fully confident in the knowledge that you're about to experience a real treat, whether it's your first time there or your forty first - each time is equally special.

We've also attended a number of the cookery classes run in the cookery school, and they have never disappointed. We've raved so much about them that even friends from abroad have come to stay with us and timed their stays to coincide with cookery courses they could attend. So far, nobody has been disappointed.

I cannot recommend the Tannery highly enough. It's a firm favourite of ours - a reputation it has well earned.

Have I mentioned that we love it? :)

Room Tip: for a quieter room request one not facing the main street - all rooms are really comfy though.
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
Dear Caztje
I have been very slow to acknowlege your fantastic review and thank you for it. Looking forward to seeing you in the Tannery again soon.
with best wishes
Dublin, Ireland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2011

My friend and I spent 2 nights at The Tannery over the October Bank Holiday weekend. The food was good, but not as good as I expected. The quoted rate of €150 for 1 dinner and 2 nights B & B was shown on our bill as €50pp for dinner - pretty expensive. The restaurant has a good wine list. The staff were all extremely helpful.

I felt the breakfast was boring as we got the exact same items both mornings - a change of type of muffin would have been much appreciated, or perhaps croissants on one morning. The apples looked like they had seen better days!

The walls between the rooms appear to be wooden, and therefore you can hear too much of the sounds from the next door room.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
tannery, Owner at Tannery Townhouse, responded to this review, November 15, 2011
Dear TonaghAnn

Thank you for visiting us in Dungarvan and for your recent review on the Tannery Townhouse.

You are correct. For billing and VAT purposes, €50 per person was allocated for food. This was for the full a la carte menu, starter, main course, dessert, side orders, teas coffees etc with no menu restriction. We feel this is a fair price for food of the highest quality and provenance, cooked with care and experience and served by trained and willing, friendly staff while allowing us to survive and re-invest in our business in this very difficult climate.

I am really sorry to hear your weekend wasnt a complete success, especially since we chatted at the end of dinner on the second night and you gave absolutely no indication of this. However, I do appreciate your feedback and the positives that you gave us and hope we might see you again in the Tannery.

Dublin, Ireland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2011

We really enjoyed our recent stay here. We had dinner in the restaurant and I can honestly say it was one of the best meals I have ever eaten in Ireland!
We knew what to expect in the townhouse re breakfast etc, the muffins, yogurt etc were delicious and a nice change to a cooked breakfast.
The bed was super comfy and we had a great sleep.
My only comment is that some of the furniture could do with updating, for the price of the room I would have thought they could do better than what looks like a garden table and chairs, but other than that a great stay and we will be returning.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
tannery, Owner at Tannery Townhouse, responded to this review, October 5, 2011
Dear Dimmie
Thank you very much for taking the time to review us on Tripadvisor. Very pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and dinner and we do hope to welcome you back again another time.
Máire Flynn

Been to Tannery Townhouse? Share your experiences!