“company day out” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Waterford, Ireland
“company day out”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2014

I visited with a group of work colleagues for a BBQ. The staff were so friendly and the food was both great & plentiful. We would like to say thanks to Mags and the rest of the staff.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Ireland
“Good Food, Shame About The Prices”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2014

Dropped in here on a Sunday evening with family whilst travelling to Cork. It is located just off the N25 & is very well signposted. The building itself is beautiful; a traditional thatch type cottage with the olde world style inside, a typical bar/restaurant set up.
We were seated in the room near the open fire & browsed the menu, I was shocked at the prices for the starters ranging from €4.00 for soup which is fine but most of the starters were €7.50 & up ! We went ahead & ordered however, as we were so hungry & we all had starters, mains & desserts. I must say the food was delicious, I could not fault that (compliments to the chef) the desserts were a little disappointing though, they could have been better but overall it was lovely but the prices just left a sour taste in mouth.
I got a bit of a shock when we went to pay to find a bill of €175 for the 4 of us ! We duly paid but left very disappointed with the value when you could travel a bit further into Youghal & get a great value 3 course meal @ The Walter Raleigh or The Old Imperial Hotel for € 25 per person.
I also would like to mention that the proprietress of the Seanachai walked through the dining room at one stage whilst we ate & did not acknowledge any of the customers, not just us but there were other tables there too which we all thought was quite rude.
I have to say I would not return here to eat again due to the price of the food, nor would I recommend it to others unless they were prepared to pay exorbitant prices for a dinner.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Rotterdam, The Netherlands
“Welcome return”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2014

Delighted to find this restaurant and pub re-opened, and that the history and originality of the building are retained. Stopped there for a late lunch, and thankfully was made welcome with my little dog in the pub garden. I had the smoked salmon linguine and my husband the steak sandwich, both were excellent. We then shared a rhubarb crumble with custard, scrumptious! The staff were friendly and helpful, very pleased that this hostelry is back to where it belongs, high on the list of places to visit in Co Waterford.

Visited July 2014
Dungarvan, Ireland
“fabulous food and atmosphere”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2014

The best seafood chowder I have had in a long time, very filling. The steak is cooked to perfection and the service is second to none. It is a first class restaurant without all the pomp and circumstance. This treasure should be tried, I am sure if you try it once you will definitely be back for more. I could not finish all I had been served and it was no problem for the remainder to be contained for travel home.

Most certainly going back.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Wisconsin
“Glad to see re-opened”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2014

I love visiting this old pub from back in the famine days. I had a great fish & chips. We had 8 People in are group and had no problem and everyone loved there meals. Then to walk to front of pub and learn more history about the pub and its days of many wakes during the famine. If in area I would recommend a visit. Great food and love the history.

Visited June 2014