myself and my girlfriend stayed here for a romantic weekend. we booked there romance package which included a ffree bottle of champagne and chocolates. both where non vintage and looked like they where from petrol station down the road. the check in was great the girl on reception was so helpful, the following day there was a different girl at reception we asked her some questions and she told us to go ask someone else.. our room wasnt ready so we had to wait 10 minutes our room was up stairs in the back of the hotel. the room was standard nothing special. it was just like a room out of any days inn or holiday inn. the room was dated and we where overlooked by the golf course and our window would open but not close. things got worse from there. i tried to adjust the water comming out of the showerhead and it fell off the wall into my hand and the tiolet brush fell apart in my hands. the tv in our room had only 4 stations. our first night at the hotel there was awedding in the reception room but all the people from the wedding where in the hotels very small bar. we got some drinks at the bar and went up to our room. the breakfast is a warm buffet not much selection. we where half way through eatting our breakfast and went up to get some juice when we got back to our table our table was being cleaned and our breakast was gone. we where seated at another table and had to ask for tea and coffee again. we went for the free evening meal that was included in our package, we then found out that it is from a separate menu that is substandard and food that is not off the same quality on the main menu. our starters came out in 2 minutes reheated in the microwave. we had to ask twice for a bottle of wine then had to wait 30 minutes for it to arrive. we got two steaks for our dinner we had to pay an extra charge for the steak. we got our steak then had to wait 10 minutes for the vegetables to arrive again heated in the microwave. steak in a floury bun was really steak in a burger bun, they cut corners on the food. meal was ok nothing special.
this hotel could be really great if they didnt cut so many corners. our booking was not cheap and the price was similar to other hotels. if they are charging good money i expect a good experience. the only thing that saves this hotel is its location. if you are going to spannish point its perfect for location. other that that stay somewhere else. there was plenty of bed and breakfasts near by and self catering cottages stay at these.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Where success meets comfort, luxury & excellence in service, the Bellbridge House Hotel provides fast & easy access to all the magic that West Clare has to offer. This beautiful area is renowned for its world famous Cliffs of Moher & an abundance of other cultural & fascination history. The Bellbridge House Hotel, situated by the Sandy Beach of Spanish Point, is selected for its features, whether it is a perfect place for romance, a break away, touring around or a golf break in Clare. The traditional exterior reflects the "old fashioned" courtesy & personal service found inside.West Clare - one of Ireland's best kept secrets. An area of unspoilt beauty wedged between the Shannon Estuary and the thundering Atlantic. One can go wild with delight surging through the Atlantic's west coast waves or one can mellow, unwind and savour the athmosphere of our 3 star Hotel. We welcome our guests to the Beauty that is West Clare!We have also teamed up with some of the businesses in the area in order to provide our guests with the truly West Clare Activity Breaks experience! We cater for large groups or small intimate gatherings. Our speciality are Weddings, Family Reunions, Retirement/Senior Groups, Surf Groups, Golf Groups, Communions & Confirmations, Christenings, Christmas Parties and so on. Your choice of venue, your budget, our excellent service and attention to detail from the moment you arrive... ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Tingo, Otel, HotelsClick, Despegar.com, BookingOdigeoWL and Venere so you can book your Bellbridge House Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bellbridge Hotel County Clare
- Bellbridge House Hotel Ireland/Miltown Malbay