“Bar Food” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Bellbridge House Hotel

You added Bellbridge House Hotel to your Saves list
Bellbridge House Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Spanish Point | Miltown Malbay, Miltown Malbay, Ireland   |
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Miltown Malbay
Offaly
“Bar Food”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2013

We did not stay at this hotel but it was in a fab location & seemed to be a lovely place. The bar food seriously lets it down. Tasteless & bad value. There also seemed to be a problem with flies, at least where we were sitting which was between the bar & restaurant.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (69)
Dublin, Ireland
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2013

We were to stay at this hotel for two nights b/b with dinner on one night with a dealrush voucher .We came down for dinner on the first night at seven ,we were handed a very limited menu of two mains salmon or chicken. The staff inform us we can order off the main menu for a supplemented fee which we did .We had supplements at seven other hotels over the past two years with our dealrush vouchers , the fee being five euros each for a nice steak at all these hotels. We finished our dinner and ordered desert we waited 30 minutes I then had to asked staff for our desert , which we received 5 minutes later .I went to pay the supplement the staff member went into the back office , came out 5 minutes later and gave me a bill for 39 euros .I asked to speak to a manager ,which was a waste off time as all he did was to give us a breakdown off the dealrush voucher which is of no interest for us . We checked out next morning and checked into a nice hotel and received what a guest should receive.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Belfast
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2013

We stayed here for 2 nights to attend a wedding in the area. Room was a good size with a good ensuite bathroom. It was very clean and room had TV, tea making facilities, hair dryer etc. beds were comfortable and towels changed each day. Breakfast was very good, buffet so could help yourself to as much as you wanted, fruits juices, fresh fruit, cereals, breads and hot Buffett with a great selection. Tea and coffee served to your table. Staff were friendly and helpful. We did not eat in the hotel other than a snack in the bar. This hotel is good value for money and a good location to tour the west Clare coast

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Cork, Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2013

we were staying in Spanish Point but came in here on the Sunday night and there was a fab trad music playing here. I was celebrating my 50th birthday with my 3 sisters and we joined in the sing song with my 2 older sisters even dancing. the locals were extremely friendly to the 4 Tipperary girls. the owner bought us down a drink in the house definitely one where we will go back

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Ireland
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

I was in the Bellbridge with my wife on the 30 Aug for Dinner it was a good service I was back with Friends on the 31 Aug and the service I got was very poor the Dinners were not hot just luck
warm I ask for my Dinner to be taken away as well my Friends I did bring this Situation to the Attention of the Manager I just fell I did not get the service at the Bellbridge telling our Friends about the good food in the Bellbridge and what a let down and yet the Bellbridge has a
Certificate Of Excellence I did email the BellBridge about this and no reply this is not a one off
this is on going with food I cook and I never had up the food I got at the Bellbridge to any one

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
BellbridgeHouseHotel, Manager at Bellbridge House Hotel, responded to this review, September 5, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write your review. The Bellbridge House Hotel welcomes any feedback from our guests however I must admit I was very disappointed when I received notification of this review. As you stated you did indeed email the hotel directly, to which you recieved an immediate response via email and then via telephone. After informing your waitress on the night that you were dissatisfied with your meal we did offer to change your meals which you accepted and the General Manager spoke with you personally regarding this matter that night. Therefore I do feel that this review is unwarranted as we addressed the matter both on the night and directly after your correspondance via email and via telephone. It is well documented throughout many previous reviews of the quality of our Food.
Once again we are sorry that you felt your food experience was not up to standard and we hope to welcome you back in the near future.
ireland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2013

This is a lovely quaint hotel,the staff were excellent and knew how to greet guests,which is important.We stayed for two nights,the rooms were adequate and clean.The food here is the best we have had lately,great choice of menu,and served piping hot.We will be back and would recommend this hotel for the service,food and the friendlest of staff.Well done

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Dublin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2013

This is a lovely friendly hotel, from the minute you walk in your greeted by pleasant staff. The Bellbridge is renowned locally for its food and it won't disappoint - from the fully serviced restaurant to delicious pub grub served till 9pm in the cozy bar- the food here is good.

Location wise it's only about 2km form Miltown Malbay and about 1km from the Armada Hotel. Access to Doonbeg / Lahinch / Liscannor / Doolin etc are all only a short drive away. The beach is only a few mins walk/drive and has car parking facilities - its not as crowded with surfers as the Lahinch Beach but if your looking for something quieter again Quilty beech is only a 5min drive in the opposite direction.

Rooms are over 2 floors and vary in size (no lift in this hotel). Our room was specious and modern, had a double & single bed, tea/coffee, iron, hair dryer, tv, although bathrooms are small and a bit dated.

Public area's in the hotel are decorated with a lot of antiques and the general feel is of old world charm which is not everyones personal taste. If your looking for a modern hotel the Armada and Redcliff are both only minutes away but you will miss out on the excellent hospitality this hotel has to offer.

Overall this is a great little hotel in a fantastic location and I would highly recommend it for couples, friends, groups and families.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends

Been to Bellbridge House Hotel? Share your experiences!