My girlfriend and I recently spent Easter weekend in Spanish Point and stayed at the Bellbridge Hotel. We found overall this is a lovely family feeling hotel. We felt a very warm welcome from the staff who do their most to make your stay enjoyable. The rooms are small but very clean and nice, the general hotel is well kept and not in need of upgrading like some.
2 points I would say to the hotel owners which are easily fixed and would have enhanced our stay:
#1-the coffee at breakfast is more like tea. Some real coffee would make an otherwise excellent breakfast 100% better. In saying that if you ask they will make you a real coffee.
#2-the portion size of the dinners is ridiculously big. I had steak and spuds and my girlfriend had fish and chips. The portions were far too big and a whole plate of chips was thrown out along with half a plate of potatoes for no reason. It will save you money to half those portions and if people want more they can get it. Check out stopfoodwaste.ie for more tips.
Overall a lovely hotel-very reasonable prices and I would recommend this to my friends.
- Also Known As:
- Bellbridge Hotel County Clare
- Bellbridge House Hotel Ireland/Miltown Malbay
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Where success meets comfort, luxury & excellence in service, the Bellbridge House Hotel provides fast & easy access to all the magic that West Clare has to offer. This beautiful area is renowned for its world famous Cliffs of Moher & an abundance of other cultural & fascination history. The Bellbridge House Hotel, situated by the Sandy Beach of Spanish Point, is selected for its features, whether it is a perfect place for romance, a break away, touring around or a golf break in Clare. The traditional exterior reflects the "old fashioned" courtesy & personal service found inside.West Clare - one of Ireland's best kept secrets. An area of unspoilt beauty wedged between the Shannon Estuary and the thundering Atlantic. One can go wild with delight surging through the Atlantic's west coast waves or one can mellow, unwind and savour the athmosphere of our 3 star Hotel. We welcome our guests to the Beauty that is West Clare!We have also teamed up with some of the businesses in the area in order to provide our guests with the truly West Clare Activity Breaks experience! We cater for large groups or small intimate gatherings. Our speciality are Weddings, Family Reunions, Retirement/Senior Groups, Surf Groups, Golf Groups, Communions & Confirmations, Christenings, Christmas Parties and so on. Your choice of venue, your budget, our excellent service and attention to detail from the moment you arrive... ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Tingo, Otel, Travelocity, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Expedia, Orbitz and Venere so you can book your Bellbridge House Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.