We absolutely LOVED our stay here at the beginning of June. The Relais Villa L'Olmo was a terrific choice for our honeymoon. We stayed for alittle over a week and was sad to leave. We opted for a cottage (Villa Uva) with the private pool and enjoyed every minute. We had more room than 2 people needed but the privacy and space was nice since we were there for so long. We loved having our own kitchen and visited the local co-op many times to restock food and snacks for our stay. We didn’t eat breakfast at the Relais since we could just make our own food and coffee each morning. We can't say enough about Eleanora and Laura who works the reception there. They helped us arrange everything from dinner reservations (which Laura directed us to our favorite restaurant for the entire trip Osteria Lo Ziro in Impruenta), bus tickets to get into Florence, directions, a driver to visit the Castello de Verranzo in Greve (which I would highly recommend for Dinner at the Farm), and tons of other advice while we were there! They were always happy to help and so very friendly for our trip, we can’t begin to thank them for all their generosity. We would definitely return and would recommend this to anyone who wanted to enjoy Tuscany. I would love to return when they are making the olive oil to see the whole process. The olive trees made the view from the property just great!
Easy and cheap access to Florence via bus with schedules that run frequently every day. The bus was less than 2 euros/pp per trip. Cabs would be closer to 40 euros. Buy the tickets at reception.
Wonderful view with a quiet Tuscany countryside setting, away from the busy city. We loved being able to visit the sites and museums of Florence but then return to lounge by the pool in the evening.
Very spacious and private villa! (Even hedges are around the pool)
Ability to enjoy day trips from Florence to other cities.
Easy access to train system. Bus stop in Florence is right at major train station so if you wanted to visit other cities (or countries) it would be easy, we travelled from Rome and didn’t have any problems.
Ability to enjoy local culture and everyone was very friendly! There are a handful of restaurants in Impruneta to enjoy for dinner. (Go to Osteria Lo Ziro!)
Villa was very clean, provided fresh towels (even pool towels) everyday, and they have a washer (no dryer).
This wasn’t a problem for us but the bus stops running around 8 pm or so, therefore if you wanted to stay out late in Florence you would need a cab for a return.
We never could get our cable to work for our trip. We don’t tend to watch tv much on vacation but we did want to stay connected with the news and weather. (I’m sure this was addressed though.)
They do have Wi-Fi available but its 5 euros a day. We didn’t get it every day but did for a few days just to stay connected to our family via emails.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Relax in the Chianti - Just 15 minutes from Florence Situated on the outskirts of a quaint village by the name of Impruneta, the Relais Villa l'Olmo is perched on a hill dotted with grey olive trees, overlooking the Chianti valley. Lying a mere 10 kilometres from the city of Florence and 20-minute drive from its airport, a 10-minute drive from the main road to Siena and from the A1 motorway linking Milan to Rome, this is the ideal location for relaxing in the Tuscan countryside without forfeiting the chaotic bustle of Florence. While the city can be reached by public transportation every 30 minutes, the village centre is a 5-minute stroll from the Relais, where the Tuscan culinary delicacies can be savoured in typical trattorias. Nestled in a 70-hectar landscape of rolling hills, the 16th-century Relais mirrors the careful renovation completed in 2001, work that was painstakingly undertaken to preserve the original architectural structure. In addition to the 8 apartments, 2 cottages and farmhouse available for guests, the property encompasses vineyards, olive groves, the owners' private residence and an operating farm. The big pool area is surrounded by white sand that combines with the green valley and its olive trees and vineyards offering a beautiful view on the valley. In the gardens and Barbecue gardens the Relais Guests will enjoy their evenings under the Tuscan sky whilst preparing the specialties of the region.The Relais offers also a Fitness-room well equipped with Technogym fitness equipment and massages or sessions with a personal trainer can be booked anytime on request of the guests. Breakfast can be booked on request and it's served in an ancient charming Farm Loggia. The village, at just 3 minutes walking distance, make the shopping and alimentary needs an experience and guests should not miss to explore the small and traditional shops. The Reception is available every day from 8.30Am to 7.30Pm for any information and bookings that make the guests' stay as pleasant as possible (museums' entrance tickets, tours and wine-tastings reservations, tee-times bookings, babysitting service). ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with T4B, Hotels.com, Expedia, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, Orbitz, Despegar.com, Agoda, Booking.com, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Relais Villa L'Olmo reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Relais Villa l`Olmo Hotel Impruneta
- Relais Villa L'Olmo Impruneta, Italy