Luxury oozes out of this hotel, but in an understated way. Beautiful old refurbished castle, surrounded by their own vineyards. We stayed in a characterful room that was larger than our humble apartment at home, in what must have been the old stables or something. Everything we needed was catered for.
Very relaxing sipping sparkling wine by the pool, overlooking the stunning Tuscan countryside. Went wine tasting in their wine cellar/shop. Visited the glass museum on site.
Excellent taster meal with different wines for different courses.
This gorgeous hotel isn't cheap, but definitely worth every penny for the 10-star experience!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Luxury Wine Resort in the famous Brunello di Montalcino Wine Region-Extraordinary Countryside Tuscan Experience-Nestled against a Medieval Castle located in the middle of a privately owned 7100 acres Nice&professional staff very knowledgeable of the best attractions of the area-Extremely large bedrooms and bathrooms, both with great views-Very Exclusive Property consisting of only 9 Rooms & 5 Suites. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Hotwire, Odigeo, Venere and Agoda so you can book your Castello Banfi - Il Borgo reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Castello Banfi - Il Borgo Hotel Montalcino
- Castello Banfi Il Borgo Montalcino