I may not be a good reviewer for this hotel as I am not knowledgeable in wine. The hotel is run by the Banfi family, a Brunello di Montalcino producer, and is located in the midst of their estate. The hotel is surrounded by vineyards and cypress trees lead to the gate - very Tuscan scenery.
The foods are masculine, to be accompanied by wines. The wine list focuses on the Banfi wines. The rose sparkling wine served as aperitif was a killer and we bought one more bottle to bring home. On fine days, you can enjoy dinner outside, which is a heavenly experience.
The Classic Suite we stayed at was simple, idyllic yet large enough and tidy.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Luxury Wine Resort in the famous Brunello di Montalcino Wine Region-Extraordinary Countryside Tuscan Experience-Nestled against a Medieval Castle located in the middle of a privately owned 7100 acres Nice&professional staff very knowledgeable of the best attractions of the area-Extremely large bedrooms and bathrooms, both with great views-Very Exclusive Property consisting of only 9 Rooms & 5 Suites. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Venere, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Castello Banfi - Il Borgo reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Castello Banfi - Il Borgo Hotel Montalcino
- Castello Banfi Il Borgo Montalcino