Right in the middle of italian Tuscany (la Toscana) not far away from the ancient Montalcino city, is located Castello Banfi (Castello di Poggio alle Mura) where we stayed three nights.
We were in one of the just 14 rooms it has, number 15, named Excelsus. An appartment with bedroom living room and two enormous bathrooms (each the size of a reasonable appartment bedroom about 20/25 sq meters. Is a recently renewed construction with fabulous views to the vineyards, exceptional service from the reception, the people at the restaurant, those who carry the luggage and the guides of the winery tour. Everybody speaking english, some of them also spanish all of them directed by a Spanish guy from Mallorca, Juan Miquel, exceptional manager with whom we talk several times. We dined all the three nights to avoid driving to and from Montalcino in the night. The food was very good but maybe they need more options to satisfy returning clients. All that paired with their exceptional wines like Brunellos de Montalcino or SuperTuscans. An experience to recomend and repeat.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Luxury Wine Resort in the famous Brunello di Montalcino Wine Region-Extraordinary Countryside Tuscan Experience-Nestled against a Medieval Castle located in the middle of a privately owned 7100 acres Nice&professional staff very knowledgeable of the best attractions of the area-Extremely large bedrooms and bathrooms, both with great views-Very Exclusive Property consisting of only 9 Rooms & 5 Suites. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Priceline, Booking.com, Tingo, Orbitz, BookingOdigeoWL and Venere so you can book your Castello Banfi - Il Borgo reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Castello Banfi - Il Borgo Hotel Montalcino
- Castello Banfi Il Borgo Montalcino