We loved Castello Banfi. We stayed four nights at the beginning of a three week holiday in Italy. Our room number 37 "Principessa", was a free standing building with a large bedroom, separate sitting room with table and chairs and a very spacious bathroom ( shower only). The bedroom and bath had large windows with beautiful views of the valley below.
We found the food to be excellent. We had their five course "Tuscan" dinner with wine pairing. With all that food and wine it was a challenge just to finish. Luckily we only had to walk a short distance back to our room. We also ate lunch there and had one other dinner at the hotel restaurant.
The property is situated on about 7,000 acres of vineyards, olive trees and forested land and we took walks everyday down the roads that cut through the property. There was an olive tree in the middle of the guest parking lot that I was told was over 300 hundred years old! Although the property is located in the quiet country side, there are several dining options close by so your not confined to eating at the hotel every night nor do you have to drive all the way into Montalcino for a meal. The village of San Angelo in Colle is about 15 minutes away and has two really nice restaurants. There is a small village just at the bottom of the hill from the hotel that has one nice local restaurant where we had an excellent pizza. However, this property is so tranquil and beautiful that staying on the property is a good option.
We hope to return to Castello Banfi again someday.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Luxury Wine Resort in the famous Brunello di Montalcino Wine Region-Extraordinary Countryside Tuscan Experience-Nestled against a Medieval Castle located in the middle of a privately owned 7100 acres Nice&professional staff very knowledgeable of the best attractions of the area-Extremely large bedrooms and bathrooms, both with great views-Very Exclusive Property consisting of only 9 Rooms & 5 Suites. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Odigeo, Venere, Agoda, Priceline and Hotwire so you can book your Castello Banfi - Il Borgo reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Castello Banfi - Il Borgo Hotel Montalcino
- Castello Banfi Il Borgo Montalcino