We stayed at this wonderful property twice during this trip. After the disappointment of arriving in a touristy Florence we phoned up the wonderful staff at Banfi and returned for a second stay the following day. We booked a Spring Special consisting of the Suite and Breakfast, a sumptuous Tuscan Tasting Feast, and Wine tasting / Winery tour. We actually as a result experienced the special twice!
The actual property is 7000 acres as Banfi now is the largest winery in the area. (noted comment by Lotsofpepper about the Mariani's owning too much of Brunello Territory) There is the option to hike over their spectacular property with stupendous views, sights of deer, rabbits, and even wild boar. The food was spectacular both in the Taverna and the Sumptuous Tuscan Breakfasts.. The highlight of breakfast being small custard filled home made "donuts" fruit tarts and made to order omelettes. Dinners too were spectacular.
Thanks to Marco our waiter, and Andreas the hospitality manager for facilitating both of our visits.
A word to those trying to get to Banfi... MAKE SURE YOU HAVE AN ACCURATE GPS... It is almost impossible to find without one!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Luxury Wine Resort in the famous Brunello di Montalcino Wine Region-Extraordinary Countryside Tuscan Experience-Nestled against a Medieval Castle located in the middle of a privately owned 7100 acres Nice&professional staff very knowledgeable of the best attractions of the area-Extremely large bedrooms and bathrooms, both with great views-Very Exclusive Property consisting of only 9 Rooms & 5 Suites. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Castello Banfi - Il Borgo reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Castello Banfi - Il Borgo Hotel Montalcino
- Castello Banfi Il Borgo Montalcino