The American firm Banfi own (too) much of the Brunello territory. In my opinion they are not the best wine makers, but they sure know how to build a great hotel. Just like Disney knows how to make good kids movies.
Everything is excellent. The room is huge (the shower alone as big as a room in NYC), beautiful, comfortable. The service is perfect. Breakfast is great. We had a package deal with dinner included, which was great, only minor point was our smoking neighbor.
The pool is beautiful, with breathtaking view, service around the pool is truly 5 star.
In the reading room one can drink as much (Banfi) wine as one likes, while listening to (good) classical music.
To be short: fantastic experience! Very memorable indeed.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Luxury Wine Resort in the famous Brunello di Montalcino Wine Region-Extraordinary Countryside Tuscan Experience-Nestled against a Medieval Castle located in the middle of a privately owned 7100 acres Nice&professional staff very knowledgeable of the best attractions of the area-Extremely large bedrooms and bathrooms, both with great views-Very Exclusive Property consisting of only 9 Rooms & 5 Suites. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Travelocity, Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline and Odigeo so you can book your Castello Banfi - Il Borgo reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Castello Banfi - Il Borgo Hotel Montalcino
- Castello Banfi Il Borgo Montalcino