This property is amazing and so romantic. We stayed here two nights and it wasn't enough. They immediately upgraded us when we got here and I loved our room and bathroom....both HUGE and filled with so much charm and character. Definitely take some time to walk around the property as everywhere you go is just gorgeous and you'll find little hidden gardens. We didn't have time to use the pool but it was beautiful. Breakfast every morning was excellent and we ate at the restaurant one night which was excellent as well. All the staff we encountered were extremely helpful and friendly. Another little perk....free bottles of water around the property. We stayed in five hotels in Italy and all charged anywhere from 7-10 euros a bottle so this was a nice extra! I would love to go back! One side note...if you're using a gps to get you there it doesn't recognize Castello banfi or the address. You need to put in something else which another reviewer below mentioned.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Luxury Wine Resort in the famous Brunello di Montalcino Wine Region-Extraordinary Countryside Tuscan Experience-Nestled against a Medieval Castle located in the middle of a privately owned 7100 acres Nice&professional staff very knowledgeable of the best attractions of the area-Extremely large bedrooms and bathrooms, both with great views-Very Exclusive Property consisting of only 9 Rooms & 5 Suites. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Tingo, Booking.com, BookingOdigeoWL and Venere so you can book your Castello Banfi - Il Borgo reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Castello Banfi - Il Borgo Hotel Montalcino
- Castello Banfi Il Borgo Montalcino