“A nice little hotel” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #7 of 13 hotels in Montalcino
Botwood NL
“A nice little hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2013 via mobile

Dei Capitani is a pleasant little hotel. The room and bathroom were small but comfortable. The view from the window, of the Tuscan countryside, was stunning. The staff were all right, and breakfast was good too.

Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple

259 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (56)
San Juan, Puerto Rico
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2013

Location of Hotel Dei Capitani is perfect for Montalcino. The staff was friendly and helpful. The room was rather basic but very clean, as was the bathroom. There was no in-room safe deposit box. Sound isolation between rooms is non-exising; if the room next door flushed the toilet while I was in my bed, the noise seemed like it came from a toilet not in my bathroom but inside my room, right next to my bed; quite impressive.

The view of Tuscany from my room on the 2nd floor was lovely. Breakfast was good, served in a dining room also with a beautiful view. The hotel has private parking at no additional cost. In general, I feel that Hotel Dei Capitani is an excellent choice for Montalcino.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Perth, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2013

I'm rating this excellent because of the price we got and the friendly service. The rooms are nice but not updated with the latest colors & design so if it didn't have such a fabulous view I may have knocked a point off. But we (2 friends) and I were very happy with our stay. Comfortable, accessible (they parked my car for me, right out front which is always a concern in Italy!) We enjoyed a nice breakfast overlooking the gorgeous hills of Montalcino. Very nice staff.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Melbourne
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2013

Great location, right in Montalcino, so no need to worry about driving home after a few glasses of Brunello in one of the local restaurants.

We stayed in a superior room which was enormous, basically a suite, with a view over the Tuscan hills, which was gorgeous.

The staff were helpful and friendly. There was free parking nearby, though the streets are pretty hilly so late at night it wasn't the easiest of walks. Still, it's very close by.

The restaurants recommended to us by the hotel were both very good.

The buffet breakfast was included and was quite good, though there were no eggs. There was a good selection of cakes, bread, pastries, cold cuts, cheese, yoghurt etc... and good coffee/hot drinks. The fruit juices left a lot to be desired - they were not great, very sweet and not 'real' fruit juice.

Room Tip: The superior room is worth paying for.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Hong Kong, China
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2013 via mobile

Both my hubby and I don't drive. We were so worry there would not be anything for us to do in that small town until we met the reception lady in this hotel. She spoke very good English and was so helpful. She was so patient when helping us to book the local tour and hire the taxi. The 3 days we spent in Montalcino was the best part of our Italy trip, probably it was because of that helpful lady. I was so sorry that I didn't take note of her name and could not send a compliment to the hotel.

• Stayed May 2012
Izmir, Turkey
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2012

We found the hotel from Tripadvisor. The recommendation to have a room with the view was helpful. We arrived late night, and the hotel stuff was kind to have a welcome. They were helpful to show where to park. The room was clean and avrg size. We were at the 3rd floor and woke up with the nice view of the plain and fields. The village and so the hotel is on the hill and the view is nice. You can easily walk to any eating place ( there were some in the village). The only thing is the elevator makes some noise. Breakfast is average. Good value for money.

• Stayed April 2012
washington, dc
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2012

spotless rooms, big baths, super buffet breakfast, free computer for internet, great staff, all are winners, but the best is the view in the sunrise of the valley (only the "view rooms"), free on site parking (fabulous in a hill town)

Room Tip: great pool. take their recommendation for the "best restarant in town, and go there - EARLY
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
neri64, Manager at Hotel dei Capitani, responded to this review, November 14, 2012
Dear Guests,
I read these beautiful words, passes me the fatigue of work throughout the year.
I'm glad to share this with all staff members and even the walls and hotel furniture.
I'm happy for you and for us and we hope to share again this wonderful experience.
I take this opportunity to wish You and all our dear Customers a MERRY CHRISTMAS and a HAPPY NEW YEAR 2013

Mariangela Demelas

Been to Hotel dei Capitani? Share your experiences!