“Montalcino Wine Experience” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #6 of 41 Activities in Montalcino
More attraction details
Owner description: Come with us discovering the untouched landscape of Montalcino: the countryside, the small villages, the wineries and the locals. Meet true people, dine at their table, taste their wines! Our daily adventures, always different, consist of visit of: 2 or more wineries, S. Antimo abbey, Old Town, an hamlet and a stop in the middle of the vineyards to understand the work of the vignerons.
Charlotte
“Montalcino Wine Experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2013

I can't say enough great things about Giovanni and his ability to make time spent in Tuscany an extraordinary experience. His insight into the wine culture of the region, his restaurant recommendations and his overall knowledge of Montalcino made out trip beyond memorable. When my wife and I parted from Giovanni in Rome, we parted as new friends. We look forward to seeing him again soon.

Visited May 2013
MontalcinoWineTours, Owner at Montalcino Wine - Day Tour, responded to this review, June 6, 2013
What to say?.. Thanks a lot!
We love Montalcino, Tuscany and this job we created even because guests sometimes become friends and because staying here, for us, is like a travel without moving: the world comes to us!
A presto, ciao!

Upstate NY,USA
13 attraction reviews
“Giovanni is the best !”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2013

A friend and I went on a wine tour with Giovanni at the end of April. I was so impressed. The wineries he chose were spectacular, and the conversation inviting. He is very passionate and knowledgable about the area. I will be sure to book another excursion with him on my next trip.

Visited April 2013
MontalcinoWineTours, Direttore at Montalcino Wine - Day Tour, responded to this review, May 17, 2013
Thank you so much! ;-) You are too generous... But it's definitely nice and encouraging to receive such a feedbacks after a lot of "backstage" work to be able sharing with travelers our deep love with this wonderful land.
I hope to meet you soon again in Montalcino! Ciao!
Beijing, China
“A very personalized, finely tailored experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2013

I spent two days with Montalcino Wine Tours' Giovanni Paris. He took me around some very nice boutique wineries, a pecorino cheese maker and some lovely hilltowns in the surrounding area.

Giovanni speaks excellent English and I find him very passionate about food, wine and everything that makes this area special. We purposely avoided the big commercial wineries and Giovanni and his partner introduced me to several small but excellent wine producers. Each has their own story and you can see they do what they do for the love of it. Giovanni also knows a few cooking schools run by local Italian women who will even take you to the local markets or forage in the countryside for wild herbs.

I enjoy it so much that I am going with him for another day tour to explore more food and wine. Very good experience!

Visited April 2013
Thanks for coming from Beijing to share some days with us! It has been a pleasure to be able learning a lot of things regarding your country, your culture and your travel tv shows.
We hope to meet you again soon in Montalcino!