We stayed here 4 nights as a treat - we love Montalcino and wanted to revisit it, while staying somewhere special. On check in we were told we had been upgraded, but I couldn't see how our upgraded suite was better than that which had been described at our booking, as the only view was from the bathroom. I mentiioned my disappoitment the next day - the blurb says a view from every room - and I was shifted to a far superior suite, having been happy to accept a temeramental door lock and the daily adminstrations to the steps to the terrace of the flock of swifts that circle the castle! This shift made our stay as it was to be the highlight of our 5 week trip. We ate in the restaurant each night - excellent food, but we would have liked it if each night there had been a special to provide a bit of variety. Good wine list but very overpriced.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Castle SPA Resort located in the heart of Val d'Orcia World Heritage Site. Winery of Brunello di Montalcino produced by the Owner in the Property with owned Vineyards around the Castle. In the Property is located the hottest Thermal spring in all Tuscany (85°C) whose mineral waters are led both in the 5 pools (inside and outside) and in the SPA Rooms. 1500 sqm SPA with water and steam Paradise of both Sauna Steam Bath Thermal pool and 6 emotional showers and ice cascade, with 6 single and couple treatments rooms(all cabinets have a view to Val d'Orcia). The hotel rooms are divided into Castle Rooms (all in the heart of the 1000 years old Castle) and SPA Rooms (with travertine marble all over the bathroom and room and Thermal water directly in your bathtub). Some of the SPA rooms have a private cabinet for treatments and massage with a separate entrance for the therapist who does not interfere with the privacy of the room itself. All rooms face the wonderful val d'Orcia 360°. All SPA rooms face the sunset and have a private garden. Gourmet Restaurant with a Terrace for summer dinner facing the Sunset side of the val d'Orcia for romantic dinner. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Escapio, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Castello di Velona reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Castello Di Velona Montalcino
- Castello Di Velona Hotel Montalcino