I don't know where to start: with the friendliness of the staff, the amazing views from any room, the spectacular suites overlooking the glossy green hills of Tuscan vineyards, the fabulous massages in the spa, the wonderful warm water from both indoor and exterior pools coming directly from the thermal spring underneath the castle? I came here for a surprise wedding party of a friend (bride was overwhelmed and overjoyed) and I am definitely coming back here for a proper holiday. One thing only: if you want to visit all the lovely vineyards around here you have to be a good driver and enjoy super twisted meandering roads - my husband and I do. Montalcino and Montepulciano are less than an hour away so you can do lots of wine tasting, also ship wine directly to your home - they deliver anywhere in the world.
I recommend Castello di Velona for a luxury holiday in a serene and superb setting. Mind you, it's a pricey relaxation you are in for ;-)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Castle SPA Resort located in the heart of Val d'Orcia World Heritage Site. Winery of Brunello di Montalcino produced by the Owners in the Property with owned Vineyards around the Castle. In the Property is located the hottest Thermal spring in all Tuscany (85°C) whose mineral waters are led both in the 5 pools (inside and outside) and in the SPA Rooms. 1500 Sqm SPA with water and steam Paradise of both Sauna, Steam Bath, Thermal pool and 6 emotional showerse, with 10 single and couple treatments rooms(all cabinets have a view to Val d'Orcia, 4 of which are connected to the SPA Rooms). The hotel rooms are divided into Castle Rooms (all in the heart of the 1000 years old Castle) and SPA Rooms (with travertine marble all over the bathroom and room and Thermal water directly in your bathtub). Some of the SPA rooms have a private cabinet for treatments and massage with a separate entrance for the therapist who does not interfere with the privacy of the room itself. All rooms face the wonderful val d'Orcia 360°. All SPA rooms face the sunset and have a private garden. Gourmet Restaurant with a Terrace for summer dinner facing the Sunset side of the val d'Orcia for romantic dinner. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Splendia, Travelocity, Priceline, Venere, Odigeo, Escapio, EasyToBook and Tingo so you can book your Castello di Velona Spa,Resort & Winery reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Castello Di Velona Montalcino
- Castello Di Velona Hotel Montalcino