“One of the Best Meals, Views, Wine Ever!” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Overland Park, Kansas
“One of the Best Meals, Views, Wine Ever!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2014

We were touring Tuscany and Montalcino when we just happened to stop in at this UBER charming restaurant. We have been in Italy now for a week, having been to Venice, Florence and Rome and this was by far one of the best meals not only in Italy but perhaps ever. To begin with the view is drop dead gorgeous. Its perched up high with a wonderful view of the Tuscan hills. Next it the wine, we had the Brunello and the presentation of it in terms of seasoning each glass for a pour was done to perfection. Then there was the food. There were four of us and we each tried something different. My wife had the French Onion soup, I had the grilled duck, our girls had the gnochi. Every thing we had was wonderful and memorable. Very tasty and cooked to perfection. This is a special place and one that you should not miss.

• Visited May 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

• Chinese (Traditional) first
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
“Boccon di Vino divine”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2014

The welcome from one of the nicest lady-in-charge by whom you could ever be looked after. The exciting menu and great wine list. The spectacular views over the Ombrone valley.

Visited September 2013
“Unforgetable food and view”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2014

My wife to be and I went there just after my proposal and I could not imagine a better meal to finish this unbeatable night. We had the tasting menu including wine which was brilliant and very good value for money compared to other places in Montalcino. I guess it is because it is a short walk downhill from city centre. The view was spectacular as well.
It seems that the majority of the guests arrive late, but arrive early and enjoy the view in daylight and enjoy the tuscan vally sunset.

• Visited June 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Riverside, California
“Great Food....Amazing view of Montalcino Wine Country”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2013

We celebrated my birthday at Boccon Divino, which was recommended to us by the owner of a local enoteca (wine bar) in town. It is a family owned restaurant that has had national and international acclaim. We had a table for four outside so we could enjoy the view, although even in August it was chilly at night, so bring a sweater. The view is breathtaking...and made my birthday celebration really memorable. I highly recommend trying the Tuscan T-Bone...known as La Bistecca Fiorentina and of course a nice bottle of Brunello di Montalcino ....and believe me you will be in heaven or close enough to it.....was a great service we had from one of the owners daughters.....For a special occasion I highly recommend this wonderful restaurant in the best location in Montalcino!

• Visited September 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Singapore, Singapore
“Beautiful view, beautiful food - slight letdown in terms of cooking”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2013

We were given recommendation for this restaurant by our friend who work in Italy. The view was great! Overlooking the lush Tuscany. We had lunch there so managed to enjoy the view - but I can imagine if we had dinner we won't be able to enjoy the view as much. Service was good and the prices were reasonable.
The food were all beautifully presented. We had the truffle gnocchi to start and I had the lamb and my husband had the duck. Food looked really good - however they all had a bit of let down in terms of cooking. The beautiful truffles taste were overpowered by the strong cheese in the gnocchi - but its still delicious of course. Both my lamb and my husband's duck were overcooked and slightly tough, but the flavors were still good and true to Tuscany cooking.
Overall still a good experience - one of our best meals in Tuscany! Will go back if we come back to montalcino.

• Visited October 2013