“Relaxing holiday with splendid walks” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Marinedda Thalasso & Spa

You added Hotel Marinedda Thalasso & Spa to your Saves list
Hotel Marinedda Thalasso & Spa
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Corso Trinita 18, 07038 Isola Rossa, Trinita d'Agultu e Vignola, Sardinia, Italy   |
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Isola Rossa
Redditch, United Kingdom
“Relaxing holiday with splendid walks”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 25, 2012

Hotel overall very nice although quite a distance from the airport (2 hours I seem to remember)

Reception staff very helpful and rooms are well spread out, very private and quiet. We had a small terrace area outside with good seating available - including two deck chairs at our request.

We chose to eat in the main restaurant most evenings, with a limited (understandably) selection but the food and service were both faultless, maybe with the exception of one evening, but we put that down to having a different waiter. Portions were smallish but very adequate considering there were 4 or 5 courses and fruit available afterwards.

As to the buffet, we found a vast selection to choose from along with a high standard, the only possible downside was the fact it was occasionally not easy attracting the attention of waiting staff to order drinks as they were always very busy. The same thing occasionally applied at breakfast trying to order coffee.

For any walkers out there there are some very nice walks both into the village and along the rocky coastline.

Also a good selection of supermarkets and restaurants/cafes in the village.

Must see visit whilst you are there is Castlesardo.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (60)
Ashford, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2012

We stayed at the Mariendda in the middle of September 2012 for our honeymoon, we also took our 9.5 month old baby son Lucas. We had a fantastic time, the staff were extremely friendly and were wonderful with our son Lucas, they cooked him a delicious meal every night at an earlier time of 6pm as the restaurant usually opens at 7.30pm which was great for us as he would be snoozing in his pram in the restaurant when it was time for us to eat. The food is amazing and you just want to keep trying all the delicious dishes. We had a seaview suite, it was very nice but to be honest the view was not great, but for us it was in a nice position not far from the restaurant. For me the only complaint would be is the coldness of the pool. There is a little pool which the babies could play in at the top of the large sea water pool at the bottom of the resort, but it was freezing and far too cold for babies and younger children to enjoy which is a shame as our son loves water but he cried everytime we tried to put him. luckily he enjoyed dipping into the sea. The staff are fantastic and really made our trip we can't thank them enough.

Room Tip: For a family a suite is a must so when the children are asleep you have another room to sit and talk...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Bangor, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2012

this was the first hotel we looked at (more like a stunning complex) and kept on getting drawn back to it, this was our first holiday together my partner and I and we couldnt have chosen a more beautiful place to stay. we were upgraded on arrival the porter took our car keys dropped our bags off in our room and parked our car up for us now thats what you call service, the staff are so friendly and so helpful and the food was to die for, the buffet was amazing the chose of food was unbelievable, we booked the last week of Sept 2012 so the hotel was winding down ready to close for the summer so not too many guests which was nice, the room was beautifully done with excellent views of the sea and the red rocks which the town is named after, the beach is only a stones throw away and felt like it was exclusive to the hotel, the week was so relaxing we didnt want it to finish

Royal Tunbridge Wells, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2012

I went to this hotel two weeks ago with my family (end Sept 2012) as my 30th birthday celebration. The hotel is lovely. The staff cannot do enough for you and are so friendly, especially with kids. This was the ideal time to go as the hotel was packing up for the season and was quiet, would not want to go mid - season. The room, typically Italian, rustic but clean, the view to die for. The beach lovely and the pools fab. The food - where do I start. We had the a la carte. The buffet was ok had it on the first night we arrived, my advice book the a la carte. The food was exceptional in the a la carte, almost like being in a very expensive restaurant in London. There were 4 courses every night and I could not fault any of them. You need to pre-book this restaurant as it gets busy. Breakfasts were nice, variety good. My one regret - not finding this hotel last year for our honeymoon. Overall, I did not want to leave, the hotel felt like home away from home. Would I return - in a heartbeat. Love this place.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Ilminster, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2012

We have just returned from two weeks at this hotel and had a fantastic time. The staff were very welcoming when we arrived and this continued throughout the whole holiday. Nothing was too much trouble and they were polite and friendly. The food was wonderful, both the buffet and a la carte - lots of choice and really good quality. The whole hotel was spotlessly clean and very well maintained. The pool areas were quiet and relaxing with lots of sun beds. A ideal place for a relaxing quiet holiday. Would have no hesitation in going back.

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2012

We booked this because we read such good reviews and all was as said , it was lovely , we started our stay in a standard room which was clean and pleasant , but we has tried to book for the Elicriso 701 the best in Hotel but had to wait until free during the dates we wanted to go !The wait was worth it we had 5 nights and days in a beautiful apartment with our own Pool and outside shower with hot and cold water, what more can you ask for ! and as add on we had free entry into the spa and our stairs down into it !! with great sea views and so clean and lots of added details ! The shower was amazing and had coloured lights and one of the best shower pressures i have known !
The food and service was super we only did the buffet once as we liked the restaurant much better and waitress service which proved very good in deed and we will defiantly look at the chain of hotels again!
Sardinia was lovely and the coast line rugged and great to explore , we hired a car which we used a fair bit and got around to other areas which was nice,
The weather was great and it is a lovely country
we went into Isola Rossa twice for food and found a lovely restaurant called - La Torre which has super views and food !! very good service and made a change to get out from the Hotel.
It is a quiet Hotel and for us it was a perfect weeks break away !
One tip not good if difficulty walking as up hill all the way from many rooms and lots of steps !!!

Room Tip: As said the standard rooms and the deluxe were good also and many had super sea views all were ve...
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2012

We spent my 30th birthday in this lovely resort. We travelled with the whole family and everyone really enjoyed the time, it was perfect!
Beautiful beach and location, lovely pool, amaaaaazing food and very nice staff.
Upon arrival i mentioned that i need gluten free food and was straight away introduced to the service team in the restaurant. They took it very serious and I received a 5 Star Service! in the morning I received special bread, breadrolls, little cakes and cornflakes. The rest I helped myself from the lovely buffet. In the evening i had my own chef showing me around the buffet and recommending what would suit my diet. I even was cooked my own special pasta and cakes for dessert! Once I mentioned that I like ice cream, so the next day I had my own homemade ice cream.
Thank you so much to the whole team to make my stay and my birthday such a memorable event. i never felt that it is too much of a hassle.
Really really PERFECT!!!!!!

Room Tip: I would recommend a room with sea view, stunning!
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family

Been to Hotel Marinedda Thalasso & Spa? Share your experiences!