“Honeymoon” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Marinedda Thalasso & Spa

Save Saved
You added Hotel Marinedda Thalasso & Spa to your Saves list
Hotel Marinedda Thalasso & Spa
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Corso Trinita 18, 07038 Isola Rossa, Trinita d'Agultu e Vignola, Sardinia, Italy   |
Ranked #1 of 5 hotels in Isola Rossa
Ashford, United Kingdom
“Honeymoon”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2012

We stayed at the Mariendda in the middle of September 2012 for our honeymoon, we also took our 9.5 month old baby son Lucas. We had a fantastic time, the staff were extremely friendly and were wonderful with our son Lucas, they cooked him a delicious meal every night at an earlier time of 6pm as the restaurant usually opens at 7.30pm which was great for us as he would be snoozing in his pram in the restaurant when it was time for us to eat. The food is amazing and you just want to keep trying all the delicious dishes. We had a seaview suite, it was very nice but to be honest the view was not great, but for us it was in a nice position not far from the restaurant. For me the only complaint would be is the coldness of the pool. There is a little pool which the babies could play in at the top of the large sea water pool at the bottom of the resort, but it was freezing and far too cold for babies and younger children to enjoy which is a shame as our son loves water but he cried everytime we tried to put him. luckily he enjoyed dipping into the sea. The staff are fantastic and really made our trip we can't thank them enough.

Room Tip: For a family a suite is a must so when the children are asleep you have another room to sit and talk...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family

696 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (57)
Bangor, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2012

this was the first hotel we looked at (more like a stunning complex) and kept on getting drawn back to it, this was our first holiday together my partner and I and we couldnt have chosen a more beautiful place to stay. we were upgraded on arrival the porter took our car keys dropped our bags off in our room and parked our car up for us now thats what you call service, the staff are so friendly and so helpful and the food was to die for, the buffet was amazing the chose of food was unbelievable, we booked the last week of Sept 2012 so the hotel was winding down ready to close for the summer so not too many guests which was nice, the room was beautifully done with excellent views of the sea and the red rocks which the town is named after, the beach is only a stones throw away and felt like it was exclusive to the hotel, the week was so relaxing we didnt want it to finish

Royal Tunbridge Wells, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2012

I went to this hotel two weeks ago with my family (end Sept 2012) as my 30th birthday celebration. The hotel is lovely. The staff cannot do enough for you and are so friendly, especially with kids. This was the ideal time to go as the hotel was packing up for the season and was quiet, would not want to go mid - season. The room, typically Italian, rustic but clean, the view to die for. The beach lovely and the pools fab. The food - where do I start. We had the a la carte. The buffet was ok had it on the first night we arrived, my advice book the a la carte. The food was exceptional in the a la carte, almost like being in a very expensive restaurant in London. There were 4 courses every night and I could not fault any of them. You need to pre-book this restaurant as it gets busy. Breakfasts were nice, variety good. My one regret - not finding this hotel last year for our honeymoon. Overall, I did not want to leave, the hotel felt like home away from home. Would I return - in a heartbeat. Love this place.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Ilminster, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2012

We have just returned from two weeks at this hotel and had a fantastic time. The staff were very welcoming when we arrived and this continued throughout the whole holiday. Nothing was too much trouble and they were polite and friendly. The food was wonderful, both the buffet and a la carte - lots of choice and really good quality. The whole hotel was spotlessly clean and very well maintained. The pool areas were quiet and relaxing with lots of sun beds. A ideal place for a relaxing quiet holiday. Would have no hesitation in going back.

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2012

We booked this because we read such good reviews and all was as said , it was lovely , we started our stay in a standard room which was clean and pleasant , but we has tried to book for the Elicriso 701 the best in Hotel but had to wait until free during the dates we wanted to go !The wait was worth it we had 5 nights and days in a beautiful apartment with our own Pool and outside shower with hot and cold water, what more can you ask for ! and as add on we had free entry into the spa and our stairs down into it !! with great sea views and so clean and lots of added details ! The shower was amazing and had coloured lights and one of the best shower pressures i have known !
The food and service was super we only did the buffet once as we liked the restaurant much better and waitress service which proved very good in deed and we will defiantly look at the chain of hotels again!
Sardinia was lovely and the coast line rugged and great to explore , we hired a car which we used a fair bit and got around to other areas which was nice,
The weather was great and it is a lovely country
we went into Isola Rossa twice for food and found a lovely restaurant called - La Torre which has super views and food !! very good service and made a change to get out from the Hotel.
It is a quiet Hotel and for us it was a perfect weeks break away !
One tip not good if difficulty walking as up hill all the way from many rooms and lots of steps !!!

Room Tip: As said the standard rooms and the deluxe were good also and many had super sea views all were ve...
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2012

We spent my 30th birthday in this lovely resort. We travelled with the whole family and everyone really enjoyed the time, it was perfect!
Beautiful beach and location, lovely pool, amaaaaazing food and very nice staff.
Upon arrival i mentioned that i need gluten free food and was straight away introduced to the service team in the restaurant. They took it very serious and I received a 5 Star Service! in the morning I received special bread, breadrolls, little cakes and cornflakes. The rest I helped myself from the lovely buffet. In the evening i had my own chef showing me around the buffet and recommending what would suit my diet. I even was cooked my own special pasta and cakes for dessert! Once I mentioned that I like ice cream, so the next day I had my own homemade ice cream.
Thank you so much to the whole team to make my stay and my birthday such a memorable event. i never felt that it is too much of a hassle.
Really really PERFECT!!!!!!

Room Tip: I would recommend a room with sea view, stunning!
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
london
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2012

Have seen some of the latest reviews and most are reflect the Marinedda experience accurately which is a combination of great 'can do' service ethic coupled with a fantastic beachside location.

Pros
Great service
Comfortable rooms with good AC (our had an external shower as well as the indoor one which was really great after a day at the beach.
Its a very relaxed environment (because the rooms are spread our over the hill which runs down to the beach you really never get a sense that the hotel is full or busy)
Golf buggy service if you don't want to tackle the hills are always around
Food was improved on 2010 in the a la carte Punta Canedda restaurant, Ate a couple of times in the buffet restarant but found the 'up and down' effect a bit less relaxing probably better for families.
Beach beds and beach team although you pay for these I think it was worth it
Relaxed enrtainment in the evening which finishes at 11pm. Almost everyone has a drink after dinner,
Free wifi for first hour but only in the recption area which is usually enough to catch up on stuff. Frankly if you need longer or faster connections you shouldn't be holiday!

Cons
Very few really so I'm going to offer some personal preferences so I understand that not all will agree with.

The Italians are known for their style but when it comes to the lighting especially in the dining rooms in the evening the lighting is much too bright for me. Taking out every other bulb would make for a more relaxing experience?

The third restaurant which is the second a la carte one you book and pay for above the Punta Canedda is a bit of a non event really and not widely used. Often the food s similar to the free Punta Canedda. I think the Marinedda should convert it to a roof top bar area where people could go for drinks and look out over the Med. I think this would be a great idea?

Although outside of their area the coastal walk to Isola Rossa which runs between the two sister hotels has too much litter. I think the Marinedda should consider sending in some guys to pick up litter at least once per week. I would reflect better on the hotel if the surrounding area was better looked after. (Marinedda, I know you are going to say its the local councils responsibility but this isnt working so be bold and improve the area outside of the hotel grounds).

The price of wine has gone up and whilst there are a few bottles at 14-16 euros these aren't great. Most are 20 euros plus. I'm sure that you'd sell much more wine if you offered the 25 euro stuff at around 18 euros,

Finally the snack lunches around the lower salt water pool should be better. Check out the beach bar (not the hotel one) located just behind the hotel beach beds for an example of how casual dining should be done. Service is not uber friendly but efficient and the food is good and great value. Plates of excellent pasta for 5 euros and a prosecco for 4 euros

These are just suggestions to help make really good hotel great and won't stop me from returning in the future.

Room Tip: Beds are v firm but you can ask for a matress topper which was excellent. I think the Spa may be run...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family

Been to Hotel Marinedda Thalasso & Spa? Share your experiences!