Please don’t be fooled by the old world charm of this hotel. We were fooled, big time. We got married here and can speak for us and the 70+ guests of ours who spent the night at the hotel. We can tell you this:
- Rooms in the dependence are dark, damp and stink a bit
- Rooms with a view on the back are dark and offer a horrible view on a car park and on the main road
- Dinner: portions are tiny and quality is shockingly low (guests were hungry after dinner… ever heard of wedding guests being left hungry?!)
- Breakfast is miserable (spongy bread, cheap butter, a few cakes)
- The gardens are not looked after, seats and sun deck chairs are dirty and cheap
- Staff are rude
- There is only one lift, which looks like it could fall apart any time
The price we paid would have resulted in excellent food, consistently good rooms for all guests, civilized staff and clean facilities had we chosen another hotel!
Last but not least, Management is beyond rigid. Despite the fact that we filled in the hotel they made no effort whatsoever to accommodate any tiny request we made (e.g. check-out time could not be delayed by 15 minutes, our external suppliers could not access the kitchen, …). These are tiny things, but make THE difference when hosting your wedding and looking after 70 precious guests.
Our disappointment with this place is huge. We don’t recommend it to anyone.
This review is the subjective opinion of a TripAdvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.