“Lovely holiday in amazing location” 4 of 5 stars

Grand Hotel Tremezzo
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Via Regina 8, 22019 Tremezzo, Italy   |
Ranked #3 of 8 Hotels in Tremezzo
Norfolk, United Kingdom
“Lovely holiday in amazing location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2014

We stayed in a lake side room for 10 days and found it amazing. Room was lovely, staff friendly and waking up to see the weather and the lake was great. Lazing around Water on the Water was great and we can definitely recommend the beanbags! Really enjoyed the fondue restaurant, L'Escale, and the poolside lunches we had. I think the rooms would benefit from having tea/coffee making facilities but that is a personal preference as you can order it on room service, obviously there's a cost associated with that. The gym is too small and limited for a hotel of this size and rating. We also felt that the themed beach BBQ evening we attended was expensive for what it was, there was no party element it was purely a meal and whilst the quality was good it was limited. Would definitely stay here again but not for as long.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (198)
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2014

A five star hotel that shines bright. Attentive staff, lovely rooms, well appointed. Two pools, fabulous lake view rooms. Breakfast is included, but quite boring. Steps away from the ferries that take you across to Bellagio, Verenna, etc. so, you may not need a car, but in order to visit other places, taxi can be expensive. My recommendation is to be brave and rent a car. For peace of mind, rent or bring a GPS with you!,

Room Tip: Book lakefront. Amazing views.
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
Valentina_De_Santis, Proprietario at Grand Hotel Tremezzo, responded to this review, August 18, 2014
Dearest Rita,
thank you so much for your lovely review, we are so happy that you enjoyed your stay with us and we really hope to welcome you back soon to our Grand Hotel Tremezzo!

Aberdeen
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2014

As a large group we popped into the bar for a drink on our way home late at night. Apart from one other table initially, we ended up being the last table there. The staff were great, friendly and very helpful,even when we were a little loud after one too many!

Stayed August 2014, traveled with friends
Dear KaMac8,

it was really a pleasure to have you all for a nice drink on our bar terrace to enjoy a lovely evening on Lake Como! We are always so glad to see a group of happy people and we really hope you had a great time with us.
Looking forward to welcoming back you all soon in occasion of your next visit on the lake!

Salt Lake City, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2014

Unfortunately we stayed only one night but it was a great experience. First class..and priced like it....in all respects. The atmosphere and view for both dinner and breakfast was unbeatable. The dinner food was good but not outstanding. Breakfast food and selection was excellent. Great atmosphere to have a drink and relax. Staff was very helpful and friendly. It's not really close to much (for walking) in the way of restaurants or shopping but it is a great self contained resort.The room was nicely furnished. I wish we could have stayed longer and hopefully we will return.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Carissimo AJ,

thank you so much for your wonderful feedback about your experience with us, that we really hope was great despite being too short!
We all hope to have the chance to welcome you back soon to our corner or paradise for a longer stay in order to enjoy even more all the wonderful facilities of our hotel and all the amazing beauties of fascinating Lake Como.

With all our best,

Cardiff, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2014

When I visited Temezzo, I paid a visit to the Grand Hotel Tremezzo and had a coffee in the restaurant. This was fine, with good service and a panoramic view..

I then paid a visit to the hotel's reception, as I wanted to know the prices for the rooms at this hotel. I asked the receptionist for the rates charged for room. The receptionist handed me a booklet about the hotel and advised me to look up the room rates on the hotel's website, as identified in the booklet. The receptionist behaved in an 'off hand' manner and gave me the impression that she was not interested in my potential custom and I felt that she was 'looking down' on me and my partner. I found her behaviour to be patronising and offensive.
I will not be recommending this hotel to any friends / colleagues.

Dearest Mr Peter,

I am so sorry and sad to read your negative feedback about your short experience at the Grand Hotel Tremezzo!
You should really give us another chance because it is not at all in our DNA to have 'off hand' manners or to be offensive with any of our beloved Guests, either staying with us or potentially interested in booking a room.
There was probably a misunderstanding at the moment you asked for the rates, because we do not work with fixed rates and the prices for a room can vary from one day to another, so this is for sure the reason why our receptionist suggested you to have a look at our website (without having already fixed dates in mind it is quite difficult to give precise indications of prices for our rooms).
On behalf of all our Front Desk, I ask you please to accept all our most sincere apologies for giving you the impression of not being interested in you as a potential custom. Rest assured this is not at all the case!
I really hope that I managed to change your mind about the wrong feeling you had of the Grand Hotel Tremezzo and I wish that next time you'll visit Lake Como you'll be our valued Guest in order to cocoon and pamper you and make you really experience what for us means being welcoming!

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2014

My boyfriend and I visited the Grand Hotel Tremezzo in May, and had the most wonderful stay. We were made to feel like royalty by the staff, the service was impeccable, the grounds breathtaking, the rooms decadent and luxurious, and their pool is easily my favourite pool in the world! My only gripe (and I do think the hotel should address this) is- 20 euros for a side salad?!? We had pizza in the garden, and while the pizzas were reasonably priced (13-15 euros), a simple side salad (consisting of ice burg lettuce, shaved carrots and a few cherry tomatoes and nothing more- not even dressing) was TWENTY EUROS. Even the Eggs Benedict at breakfast were cheaper!

Luckily every other experience was so wonderful and we will definitely be back!

Room Tip: I highly recommend a room with a Lake View!
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Beaconsfield, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2014

As if Lake Como wasn’t enough on its own, the Grand Hotel is a real gem that adds even more to the wonderful experience of being there. Excellent, friendly and actually useful service from all staff (but thanks in particular to Alphonso, concierge during our stay), a fantastic restaurant for the view and the food and great amenities and ambience across the hotel and its bars and pools, but above all, a welcoming and special atmosphere that will stay with us for a long time. A real treat.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
Valentina_De_Santis, Proprietario at Grand Hotel Tremezzo, responded to this review, August 21, 2014
Dear Guest,

on behalf of the whole Team I would like to personally thank you for your welcome review. We feel very proud that you truly enjoyed your stay with us in all its aspects.

We really love to pamper all our Guests, paying attention even to the smallest detail, in order to transform a simple holiday in a unique and memorable experience…and we are really glad you appreciated it!

Hoping that this Experience in Tremezzo will remain in your heart forever, we are looking forward to welcoming you back once again!
Alfonso sends his best greetings!

Warm regards,

Valentina De Santis

Been to Grand Hotel Tremezzo? Share your experiences!