We have just returned from 3 days at the beautiful Tremezzo. It takes your breath away on arrival, definitely the Grand Dame of Lake Como! We had taken the Centenary package so received prosecco, chocolates and a goodie bag on arrival. We also had complimentary cocktails on the terrace and an evening meal in the Fondue restaurant.The hotel also gave us a bottle of wine to celebrate my husbands birthday. All nice touches.
The pools are stunning although we felt the spa was a little tired and needed a bit of tlc. The lake pool was great fun even if it did make you feel a bit green when a boar when past!
The staff were wonderful, so friendly and attentive.
The food was great, we had a particularly good night in the Fondue restaurant. Alberto was a wonderful host (and entertainer) as were his staff. It was great fun and a nice relaxed atmosphere compared to the main restaurant, which we felt was a bit stuffy and very over priced! One niggle in the main restaurant was that the men are given blue menus with prices on and the women pink, without prices. How do they know I didn't pay?! A bit last century!
And the breakfasts were amazing! Every possible taste is catered for.
You definitely need a lake view room, as that is the best thing about the hotel! Not sure I would have been too happy if I'd been overlooking the gardens. They're beautiful but surely you're there to see the lake?
The highlight of our trip was the boat trip in the Tremezzo boat (part of centenary package as well) It was just stunning to be taken along the coastline. Our driver didn't speak much English but was a wonderful guide and with much sign language, we understood everything he was pointing out to us. Just perfect.
The hotel isn't cheap but for a special break, there is no other place to stay on Lake Como.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- One hundred windows overlooking the blue of the Lake or the green of the secular park: this is Grand Hotel Tremezzo. Celebrating a century of charm in 2010 on one of the most beautiful locations of Lake Como, directly facing Bellagio, this is a real Palace steeped in history and a sense of mellow luxury. With three pools, of which one floating on the Lake, and a panoramic SPA, it’s the ideal spot to savour a real holyday. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Amex, Tingo, Priceline, BookingOdigeoWL and Venere so you can book your Grand Hotel Tremezzo reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Hotel Tremezzo Palace
- Grand Hotel Tremezzo Italy - Lake Como