We spent the last 5 days of our honeymoon in this beautiful location and couldn't have been more pleased. We had a front facing Rooftop suite, that had spectacular views of beautiful Lake Como. Really, it is simply breathtaking. We found the service to be outstanding - from the porters, to the doormen, the front desk and the concierge (main desk and private concierge), wait staff, bar staff, and spa staff. The service is very warm and friendly, not stuffy at all. The staff made you feel like they knew and remembered you. We loved the main restaurant and ate dinner there twice. The service was excellent and our seafood entrees were wonderful. We were less enthralled with the Fondue restaurant; although probably just a preference. The quality was good, the wine list extensive and the service was very attentive and enthusiastic, so we enjoyed the experience itself. The amenities are plentiful at the hotel, making this an ideal place to decompress and relax. We loved the Pizza Restaurant and theTBar, where we enjoyed some wonderful lunches and probably too many glasses of wine and nightcaps. The service in the TBar was outstanding, we really enjoyed the staff there. We loved the beach location and floating pool. We were less enamored with the restaurant at the beach; although, it was Ok -- we just found the service and food was better in the other locations. The breakfast buffet is extensive and very good. We rented the spa suite on our last day, which was wonderful. Also recommend doing a boat tour on Ruy, their private boat. It's a wonderful and relaxing way to see the Lake. We will definitely be back again and again!
Our only suggestion to the hotel, is to consider smoking sections in the outdoor terrace seating areas. While we recognize this is Europe and many more people smoke there, than in the states, it would be lovely to enjoy a drink or a meal without being surrounded by cigarette smoke, which unfortunately happened nearly every time we were seated on the terrace. Several times we ended up moving inside, which was disappointing for us, since we were enjoying the scenery. Creating a section - or dividing the terrace a bit -wouldn't solve it entirely, but would allow smokers and non smokers access to the beautiful views, and might be a worthy consideration to ensure all have a wonderful experience in such an incredible location.
It's an expensive hotel, but in our opinion worth it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- One hundred windows overlooking the blue of the Lake or the green of the secular park: this is Grand Hotel Tremezzo. Celebrating a century of charm in 2010 on one of the most beautiful locations of Lake Como, directly facing Bellagio, this is a real Palace steeped in history and a sense of mellow luxury. With three pools, of which one floating on the Lake, and a panoramic SPA, it’s the ideal spot to savour a real holyday. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Amex, Venere, Despegar.com, Priceline, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Grand Hotel Tremezzo reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Hotel Tremezzo Palace
- Grand Hotel Tremezzo Italy - Lake Como