This hotel is just flat out gorgeous! There is such an "old world" feel to it, you feel as if Betty Davis should be sitting in the lobby with you. The sitting room off the bar is so delightful, as it is improbably filled with velvet jewel toned couches and chairs. The dining room is in the front of the hotel and has a more than 180 degree view of the lake. The rooms and bathrooms are large and comfortable. There are several pools, indoor and out, including one in front of the hotel sitting on top of the lake.
We took the ferry to bellagio which is directly located across the lake. Como is known for their silks and I only wished I had bought more than four scarves. There also are several unique clothing stores where I could have done some harm. I also remember feeling this way last year when we in bellagio. Hope I get back there....
We hired a guy after lunch to take us around the lake on his boat. His boat sat probably ten and was 150 euros for an hour. It was definitely worth it. He asked if we wanted to see George clooneys house, or see more of the lake. We chose the second option. Our guide was funny and very knowledgable. I highly recommend a tour of the lake.
The staff at the hotel was excellent and friendly. We had no complaints...
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Be part of the next century of Lake Como tradition and take in the stunning lake views at the iconic Grand Hotel Tremezzo. This art nouveau landmark, which sits adjacent to Villa Carlotta's famed gardens, just marked its 100th anniversary. In celebration, it joined forces with Maestro Gualtiero Marchesi, an icon of the Italian culinary world; taste his haute cuisine on La Terrazza's lovely terrace or in one of its 5 upscale dining venues. Its unique lakeside positioning offers unparalleled views of Bellagio, the Riviera delle Azalee and the stunning Grigne mountains. With its 100 windows overlooking either the blue waters of the lake or the flowering greenery of the garden, the hotel offers 76 elegant rooms and 12 splendid suites. Don't miss to experience the ultra-luxe new Rooftop Suites with panoramic views from terraces and outdoor Jacuzzis - A "must stay" in Lake Como. Other delectable delights: the luxurious and panoramic T Spa, offering exclusive ESPA treatments, the super private T Spa Suite, three pools - including one that floats on the lake! - And a private beach, private tours in the hotel's period Venetian motor launch, and over 5 acres of lush secular park incorporating a panoramic path, a floodlit clay tennis court, fitness and sauna. Other signature features conjure up to the unique appeal of this family-owned property, benefiting of a strategic location that blends exclusivity and proximity: Milan with its boutiques and nightlife is only 1-hour driving distance. Boasting over a century of ageless allure and traditions, the Grand Hotel Tremezzo is today a vintage symbol of Italian hospitality and a place-to-be to enjoy the flavor of real vacation. Discover a world of temptations and the unique atmosphere you'll only find at Tremezzo. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Venere, Travelocity, Amex, Sabre Hospitality Solutions, Splendia and Priceline so you can book your Grand Hotel Tremezzo reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Hotel Tremezzo Palace
- Grand Hotel Tremezzo Italy - Lake Como