We arrive for a five night stay after a lengthy trip from Toronto to Rome via rental car. We arrived exhausted and a lil shaky after the drive..can be a lil nerve racking...crazy drivers...our Gps kept saying we were at the hotel but we were just below it actually.We just had to look up lol. We were met by Pino and had a nice coffee and he had us relaxed in no time..We spent 5 days venturing out from the hotel..we used the rental car, the local bus,the ferry and walked many times from the hotel .A car is desired but not a must.We visited the coastal towns,did the Capri tour and took the"Sentiero degli Dei", (path of the Gods) to Positano.We visited, Mt Vesuvius,Pompeii and Island of Capri which was very enjoyable and the Fjord (lots of steps).Each night we would return to Fico looking forward to relaxing on the balcony with wine and then great food which was always the case. Pino and staff were very helpful conversing with us in English when needed and helping us with our very limited Italian.We loved the assistance from Pino, where to go what to see how to get there safely and always had his number with us if we got stuck which he insisted we have.We were sad to leave but it was a great way to start our three week journey around southern Italy/Sicily.We can say we missed Pino during our travels and know we have a new friend we will always remember. His fathers cooking is some of the best we encountered. The hotel has a vista of views and a very family friendly atmosphere. I highly recommend the hotel and hope to return one day and or see Pino if he ever comes to Canada. A big thank you !
Sogni d'oro Antonio !
Sharlen and Jimmy
- Also Known As:
- Holidays Fico d`India / Prickly Pear Hotel Furore
- Holidays Fico d`India / Prickly Pear Hotel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Holidays Fico d'India was born in 2005.This is the family business.The beauty of the home, which was inherited from the owners grandparents, Pino was the starting point for the new design, keeping one objective in mind: to maintain intact the Mediterranean atmosphere that has always characterized the coast while recuperating antic traditions of the Campagne region. The care of the gardens, rich with exotic plants, lemon and orange trees, shows the love that the new owners have for their property. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, HostelBookers, Travelocity and Priceline so you can book your Holidays Fico d'India / Prickly Pear reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.