“Amazing stay” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Furore
Norwalk, Connecticut
“Amazing stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2013

My wife and I spent a few days at Fico de India while in Amalfi, based on all the amazing reviews we read online. All the reviews were very accurate, as we had an amazing stay. Pino was extremely accommodating, and a phenomenal host. He made sure our stay was memorable. Breakfast and Dinners were top notch with beautiful views of the Amalfi coastline, and the rooms were very comfortable. Pino even helped us plan our excursions and sight seeing, to ensure we got the most out of our stay. Bottom line... Pino and his staff were amazing. This is a top quality service oriented bed and breakfast style hotel, with all the personal touches.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Pinomilo, Proprietario at Holidays Fico d'India / Prickly Pear, responded to this review, November 8, 2013
Dear Mjcole ,
thanks so much for your wonderful review, I'm really glad that you enjoyed our hotel. Thank you so much for all the compliments addressed to our service, food and structure, are always nice. Come back soon and visit us, a greeting from all the staff of Fico D'India Holidays,

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
Portland, Oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2013

My wife and I decided to get married on the Amalfi Coast in Italy. Because of her previous visit, my wife knew where we should stay. I cannot say enough about how Pino, his family and staff at Holidays Fico D'India went way above and beyond the average expectation of a bed and breakfast experience. Even though we had so much to worry about in making our wedding as memorable as possible, we were able to count on Pino. When problems arose in our plans and activities, Pino willingly helped us find solutions to them. We were treated like family and from the looks of it, so were his other guests. My wife and I are forever grateful to Pino, his family and staff for making our special day and stay there memorable and worry free. I can't imagine staying anywhere else and expect that same level of customer service.
As for the room, it was very clean, well decorated and had the most amazing view of the sea. I appreciated the level of detail and attentiveness Pino and his staff showed. I had to change into my wedding clothes in a separate room from my wife on our wedding day. It was a room he was prepping for new guests to arrive. To ensure that the hinges didn't squeak on the wardrobe cabinet in this room, Pino sprayed oil on them. It may seem like an insignificant thing to do, but Pino made sure it was done and that guest got customer service even before they arrived! I look forward to visiting Pino, his family and staff the next time we are in Italy. I know the experience will be unforgettable and delightful!

Dear Antony,
Thank you so much for visiting our Hotel and for describing it with such beautiful words.
It's a big pleasure for us to know that you enjoyed your time in the Amalfi Coast and appreciated the beautiful landescape, the room and the italian food.
I look forward from hosting you again for a new stay, greetings from all the staff of Fico D'India Holidays, happy marriage ,
Ohio, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2013

So I did my research and discovered Fico d’India. I appreciated that it is a family owned and operated hotel. I also like that they are keeping the traditions intact while they make modern upgrades to just about everything (the beds were a little lumpy) it was about 90EU a night ($180ish). I loved the scenery of the rocks on one side of the hotel and the sea on the other. It was a great place to meditate early in the morning with no one around to bug me. I stayed away from the prickly pear cactus plants, just because I didn’t want to get jabbed in the hand. Hahah.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
Seattle, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2013

Amalfi coast has been on my must see list for years and finally made it last week and stayed here for 5 nights. This magnificent place is already received wonderful reviews but I have to say, Pino's hospitality (the owner) is bar none. The place is in between Amalfi and Positano and close to bus stop so convenient to go either direction on the coast.

Fico d'India is small family run place and you feel you're at home. The breakfast was delicious, rooms clean and large compared to rest of Europe. There were 4 of us (2 rooms) and I ended up extending my stay another night. But what made this so great was Pino, his family and how he went totally out of his way to make your stay enjoyable. I cannot say enough good things about this beautiful place, the food and especially Pino himself. Great value too!

Its people like these that make your trip! Thank you Pino!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Smeeta,
Thank you so much for visiting our Hotel you and your friends and for describing it with such beautiful words.
Isle of Man, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2013

I have just returned from our trip to Italy, which included 3 nights at Fico D'India. I am very keen to highlight this great small hotel. The owner, Pino, is absolutely committed to ensuring that his clients enjoy their holiday...always attentive and pro-active to clients' needs. Our bedroom was spacious and enjoyed fabulous sea views. The food in the hotel restaurant, prepAred by Pino's father, was fantastic and a real taste of Italy....I would definitely recommend eating in the restaurant and don't be frightened of asking for something which is not on the menu as they will aim to meet your requirements and we were never disappointed. Breakfast is super too. The only downside for us, was the location....although it is in a great spot for sea views etc, it is isloated and we struggled as we didn't have a car. Popular with cyclists and Trekkers and perfect for those with their own transport.

Room Tip: We had the Camelia room, which was spacious and although we had a double and single bed in the room...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
essex
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2013

Fico d`India is just as described in its website. A small friendly hotel, in Furore some 4 miles inland from the coast road. This 4 miles will take you about 15 minutes by car and the coast road itself is a nightmare to drive narrow with lots of parked cars, tourist coaches and buses.
We had a room with a balcony(small but what a great view) it had a small table and 2 chairs, TV(we could only find news channels in English), air conditioning and a small fridge. The shower room was small but adequate (it did not worry us not having a bath). Everything was very clean and toiletries were supplied.
If you could eat all of the first class food they gave you for your breakfast I would be surprised. The croissants were particularly good. The restaurant is away from the rooms through what we called `the cave` and served good evening meals.
The small terrace with sunbeds did not get much sun in the afternoon but this could be a bonus when the weather is very hot. There was a Jacuzzi/hot tub on the terrace.
The owner went out of his way to make your stay a pleasure ask him for sightseeing/parking tips.
Furore is not the place if you want nightlife but Fico d`India is certainly a good place to unwind.

Targu Mures
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2013

It was my first experience in Italy and after my stay at Fico d'India my filling was that I was visiting the family of an old friend.
Excellent service and support from the hotel personnel (clean rooms, best local Italian traditional food, flex services)!
Location with very nice views and placed strategically on the Amalfi coast.
Daily trips arrangements were solved by Pino (the owner and manager) and when we had an initiative, his advice was appreciated.
I'll recommend to everybody that Fico d'India is one of the best locations to start your first experience on Amalfi coast!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Pinomilo, Proprietario at Holidays Fico d'India / Prickly Pear, responded to this review, September 12, 2013
Pino

Been to Holidays Fico d'India / Prickly Pear? Share your experiences!