We spent 6 memorable days in the Camelia room which has two sets of french doors that open to a magnificent sea view. Fico d'India fitted two twin beds along with a double that comfortably suited my family of four. Our room was cleaned very well each day and we enjoyed a peaceful rest every night. My seventeen year old usually sleeps in, but was eager to start his day with the delicious breakfast offered every morning especially when he discovered the fresh baked pastries were not to be missed.
We originally had a full itinerary planned that included Paestum and Pompeii, but instead our children asked to stay close by to make the most of this relaxing atmosphere. One day we even stayed at the hotel to catch up on reading and sunbathing on the back patio. I took advantage of the hot tub where I soaked in the view while I soaked in the tub. This tired mom was rejuvenated.
Pino recommended Duoglio beach which became our favorite. There are over 400 steps to the cliff-side stairs (so wear good shoes) but the beach makes the descent worthwhile. The beach is very clean and has a nice "snack bar" (the one with bright blue and white trim) with delicious fresh seafood entrees. There is a small boat that will shuttle you back to Amalfi, saving you a climb back to the top at the end of the day. Though I imagine there are many nice restaurants in Amalfi and the surrounding area, we chose to eat all our dinners at Fico d'India that week. There was not a meal that disappointed. Pino picked up fresh seafood every morning so it was a delight to sample his dish of the day for dinner. My twelve year old daughter's favourite was the fresh gnocchi. My son became known as "Mr Steak" because it was what he ordered every night. After dinner, my husband enjoyed a small glass of limoncello while we enjoyed the breathtaking view of the sea at night. We are so fortunate to have found such a lovely place to stay in an unforgettable part of the world. Here, we were able to relax, bond as a family, and as my husband said, "we found our smiles again." We thank Pino and his staff for offering a genuinely friendly and helpful service in an unobtrusive way. We had such a happy and relaxing vacation and we hope to return one day.
- Also Known As:
- Holidays Fico d`India / Prickly Pear Hotel Furore
- Holidays Fico d`India / Prickly Pear Hotel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Holidays Fico d'India was born in 2005.This is the family business.The beauty of the home, which was inherited from the owners grandparents, Pino was the starting point for the new design, keeping one objective in mind: to maintain intact the Mediterranean atmosphere that has always characterized the coast while recuperating antic traditions of the Campagne region. The care of the gardens, rich with exotic plants, lemon and orange trees, shows the love that the new owners have for their property. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, HostelBookers and Priceline so you can book your Holidays Fico d'India / Prickly Pear reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.