We've just returned from 6 lovely days at Fico d'India. Pino, the owner, went above and beyond to make sure that our stay was wonderful.He answered the many questions my dad asked (my dad asks a LOT of questions!) and was even on hand to give us lifts if needed!
The staff are friendly and helpful, and the views are stunning. The rooms are fairly plain but functional-what is really special about this place are the views, the people and the food! The food was fantastic-my family and I rarely eat in the same place twice on holiday, but it was so fresh and delicious here that we couldn't resist. The breakfasts, as noted by other reviewers, were epic! I love pastries and I love cheese, so to be served both at breakfast time was always going to be a winner in my book! The breakfast was so hefty it kept me going til late into the afternoon.
If you're travelling without a car, be warned that the SITA service to and from Furore isn't that frequent. However, once you get a timetable from Pino, you should be able to plan accordingly. Also, as with everywhere on the Amalfi coast, Furore has steep hills or a good few steps, which can be a problem for those with limited mobility.
But public transport aside, it was a fantastic place to stay in a beautiful part of the world, thanks to Pino and his team. I can't wait to return!
- Also Known As:
- Holidays Fico d`India / Prickly Pear Hotel
- Holidays Fico d`India / Prickly Pear Hotel Furore
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Holidays Fico d'India was born in 2005.This is the family business.The beauty of the home, which was inherited from the owners grandparents, Pino was the starting point for the new design, keeping one objective in mind: to maintain intact the Mediterranean atmosphere that has always characterized the coast while recuperating antic traditions of the Campagne region. The care of the gardens, rich with exotic plants, lemon and orange trees, shows the love that the new owners have for their property. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Venere, Priceline, Tingo, Travelocity, Agoda, HostelBookers, TripOnline SA and Hotels.com so you can book your Holidays Fico d'India / Prickly Pear reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.