“Truly Magical” 5 of 5 stars

Package Deal
Los Angeles
“Truly Magical”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2013

My husband and I made this our first destination on our trip to Italy. I choose this hotel because after the very long flight from Los Angeles we wanted to be able to just relax and unwind for a couple days, enjoy the spa...
Well this was the PERFECT choice! Honestly, everything was perfect here. From our late evening arrival greeted by a friendly face. she knew we were tired so told us that she would show us around the property the next morning so we could go to our room and relax. She even had a delicious meal sent to our room as soon as we got there (without us asking for it). Amazing service! The breakfast was incredible. they greet you by name throughout the property. we choose to relax by the infinity pool after breakfast and then go to the spa in the afternoon. Wow. this spa is one of the very best if not the best that I have been to, and I have been to many. the facilities were incredible. they use Santa Maria Novella products, which are my fav. Both my husband and I had amazing massages. The rest of the day we spent sipping on prosecco by the pool. The most serene day of my life. The view is spectacular. Truly the perfect start of a vacation I will never forget.
I must comment on the stunning gardens. They are so beautifully maintained. there were 3 men working on the gardens all day, under the hot sun. replanting what looked to me like was already perfection. It is really refreshing to see the detail of up keep this property has. Since it is newly opened everything is immaculate. it has my hopes high that this property will remain immaculate with the attention to perfection that I found in all areas. They will take you by shuttle to Amalfi, which we did one evening for dinner. I will definitely stay here again on my next visit to the Amalfi Coast.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (60)
St Maarten-St Martin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2013

From the moment you arrived at this resort you sense that you have arrived at a very special place. An old style bell is wrong to announce the staff that a new guest has arrived. You are greeted promptly and professionally by very friendly and professional staff member who welcomes you and offers you some refreshments and nice scented cold towels. He then proceeds to give you a small tour of the property and explain to you some of the very special history of this mystical property.

What impressed me the most is the attention of detail from the hallways to the inside of the rooms and the spa there isn't a detail that was not thought about. The gardens are like a botanical garden, perfectly manicured and give this feeling of peace just to walk around it.

Each room type has its own special charm. On top of that the restaurant experience is truly 5 star from the service and the gastronomic aspect. If you are not sure about the wines let Danilo the sommelier guide you through the wine list. Also, make sure the you book as Spa treament, not only the treatments are great but the spa itself is something to be seen.

Another great thing of this heavinly place is its location minutes away from Positano, Amalfi, Ravello and Sorrento. I highly recommend to charter a private boat to down the Amalfi Coast and around Capri. This was a higlight of the trip seeing the Amalfi Coast from the water is an amazing experience.

This place is a must for anybody looking for this very special place were to hide or rest for a few days. We will definetely be back as many times as we have a chance.

Room Tip: All rooms are special.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
San Juan, Puerto Rico
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2013

For the last 15 years I have been traveling the world and this is one of the most amazing hotels I have stayed. As soon as you arrive, they welcome you with the ringing of a bell at the entrance, and all the staff comes out to greet you. The grounds are impeccable and the infinity pool s a real infinity towards heaven... The staff and service are hard to beat. There are just 20 rooms at the Monastero, so everybody knows you by name. The restaurant is amazing. The chef is from Germany and is one of the best assets of the hotel. Incredible food!! Location is perfect. Next to Amalfi (10 minutes), Ravello (15 minutes), etc. Best way to go and enjoy Positano and Capri is by boat. You can use the ferry or rent a private motor boat. I highly recommend you go by private boat. Amazing experience and incredible views. Monastero offers great spa
services. They offer many options and work till 7pm.

Room Tip: All rooms are very private and quiet.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Chicago, IL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2013

I'm not sure where to begin. We booked a last minute trip to Italy in August, and decided to spend the first few days on the Amalfi coast. The reviews of the Monastero were compelling, and we never once regretted the decision.

The property is newly renovated, so the bathrooms, the linens, the pool...it's all new. But it's set in the backdrop of a 17th century monastery.

The highlights:

The pool: It's got a bubbling beach-style entry, and its infinity edge looks out onto a panoramic view of the sea. We never had any trouble with crowding or "saved seats" that are common elsewhere. Service was quick, and the beer was always cold. But I suggest you rent a boat for a day, and cruise the sea. Then you'll see the bigger story, that pool is sitting on top of a huge cliffside that juts back in underneath the property. Stunning.

The spa: It's kind of surreal and cave like. We had great massages in a two story spa suite. We took a dip in the hydrotherapy pool. We soaked our feet in salt baths. It's state of the art, but respectful of the origins of the property.

The restaurant: We ate here our first night, and it was amazing. The menu leverages tons of local ingredients. The waitstaff was insanely attentive and very friendly. And their chef, Cristoph, came out to talk with us often. We found ourselves canceling reservations in town to spend a few more minutes in the pool and have a few more glasses of wine in the restaurant.

The resort is not in Amalfi, but rather in Conca dei Marini. We thought that would be a drawback for us. But honestly, it felt good to leave the bustling throngs of tourists every night (in their free, quick, 5-minute shuttle) and back into the quiet luxury of the Santa Rosa.

Lafayette, Louisiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2013

My husband and I spent our first year anniversary at the Santa Rosa and could not have been happier or more impressed! I am quite the hotel snob too.:) From the moment you enter you feel like you are amongst friends/family. The welcome cocktail to the opened french doors leading out to a balcony overlooking the pristine grounds and like no other infinity pool that flows over the edge of a massive cliff with the Amalfi coast's sea below will take you into heavenly whelms! Because it was our anniversary they decided to upgrade us to a suite. Oh my!!! Words cannot describe this room and the view! I think my husband shot over 50 pics a day for a week from the same window. The views constantly changed and one was more beautiful then the next! The service and food were over the top! Our sommelier Danielee(sp) we can call him Dan, was so much fun and gracious as well as educated and totally knew how to pair our wines! I so wish I remembered all the staffs name as they were all so good to us. Dinners were mouthwatering and the presentation was spectacular! It has been a year since our visit however and I promised I would write this review, but am a bit delayed, so names have slipped my mind. I apologize my friends! This review is so deserved! The breakfast, which is included in your price is from a full menu that is fabulous! Order how ever much you wan! No limits! Can't beat that! By far my favorite meal of the day! Well just as good anyway. :) Like spas? Don't miss this one! They will pamper you like crazy! Hands down the best hotel I have ever stayed in! Who would believe a monastery could be transformed into a 5 star hotel and preserved and maintained for it's original beauty and charm! I know now why it took 11 years to complete! Truly perfection in every sense of the word! Cannot wait to return and see my family at Santa Rosa one day soon!

Room Tip: This hotel does not have many rooms with balconies, but don't worry, the view out of the massive...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Rome, Italy
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2013

The chef Christopher Bob is one of the best chef you can experience in Italy. He takes care of tradition and use local products with sophisticated semplicity. The service is precise and accurate and never invasive. The wine list is wide and satisfactory. The garden is superb overlooking the mediterranean sea with an amazing pool. It is really a special place!

New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2013 via mobile

This place is such a jewel! It's paradise. The hotel is new and beautiful . The pool i cant even begin to tell you how insane it is! its over a cliff and you are around the ocean where ever you look. Your a 5 min ride away from amalfi and they provide a shuttle there daily. Everyone knows who you are and go above and beyond to make sure your ok. You have to stay here you will not regret it

• Stayed August 2013

Been to Monastero Santa Rosa Hotel & Spa? Share your experiences!