The advantages of the hotel for us are the views, steps / Lift down to a sea water swimming pool /sunbathing terrace, with at least a further 100 steps onto a private concrete lido/boat landing with steps in and out of the sea for swimming or fishing with dried bread and a hook and line, sea conditions permitting.
We also like fell walking and over the road from the hotel are steps
(Lots of steps) max 300m elevation 6.5km long too Marina di Furore and Marina di Praia once you are familiar with this walk you can walk higher from Priano to the caves of Santa Barbera max 500m elevation 6.7km long or to the convent of San Domenico.
Before our holiday we bought “24 walks along the Amalfi Coast” by Luciano Pellecchia which has details of not only the local walks as described but also some very spectacular ones Like the Path of the Gods. You can get a bus from the hotel to amalfi then the Agerola bus which takes you up the mountains to the start of the walk in Bomerano which is 600m high each bus journey costs about 2.5 Euro each The bus drops you outside a supermarket you cross the road up a side street to the Cathedral which is the start of the walk to Nocelle which is about 5.6km long and 400m above Positano. Do not worry when we went about 10 walkers from all over the world with the same idea got off at Bomerano.
We also got the bus to Ravello and because the buses are always packed and difficult to get back to we used the guide and had a beautiful walk back
About 1300 steps to either Minori or Atrani which is round the corner to amalfi .
I would also recommend a walk From Maiori to Minori via Monastery of St Nicholas and Sambuca Valley (Walk 7) words cannot describe, it is stunning we hardly saw a soul.
As well as the scenery when you explore the villages above Amalfi drive you also find the cheapest bars and supermarkets 2 Euro 500ltr ice cold beer instead of 8Euro for the same in the tourist traps. The local people are also a lot more friendly and pleased to see you.
The only disadvantage to the hotel is it is 4km away from Amalfi and the buses are usually full when they pass the hotel on the morning and full when you try to get the bus back from Amalfi. If you need to be in Amalfi at a certain time you can book the Hotels Courtesy bus @ 4Euro each or walk which takes 45mins to 1hr.
Because of this you are tied to the hotel where drinks like all in the area are expensive 4Euro 225ml Larger or 18-22 Euro Bottle of local wine. There is a Local supermarket up a back street in Amalfi or alternatively over the road from the hotel 550 steps straight up turn right at the local bar and a 25min Walk away past the Santa Rosa Convent Hotel through the road tunnel Take the steps on the right to cut off the winding road then follow the road down until you reach the church of St Michael and it’s on the left. The choice is yours!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The hotel belvedere enjoys a superb location in conca dei marini with dazzling coastal views. amalfi is just under 2,5 miles away.the owners personally make their guests very welcome, the hotel reflects their personal attention to detail.there are many tranquil terraces, the cliffside seawater swimming pool, reached by private lift. deckchairs and towels are provvided. the hotel has a spacious lounge and panoramic restaurant. all the bedrooms have balcony with front sea view. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with T4B, Expedia, Travelocity, Booking.com, Venere, Hotels.com and Priceline so you can book your Hotel Belvedere reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Belvedere Hotel Conca Dei Marini
- Belvedere Resort Conca Dei Marini
- Hotel Belvedere Italy/Amalfi Coast - Conca Dei Marini