“What an amazing experience” 5 of 5 stars

You added La Scogliera to your Saves list
La Scogliera
Via G. Di Benedetto 3, 84010 Atrani, Italy   |
Ranked #1 of 3 Atrani B&B and Inns
“What an amazing experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2012

My partner & I stayed here for 5 days as part of our honeymoon & we had the most wonderful time. After some initial confusion about two women arriving for their honeymoon, we were so happy to find gay friendly hosts who helped us have the most beautiful time. Waiting for us in our room was a bunch of flowers & some wine as a honeymoon gift...such thoughtfulness. Pino & Pina are the sweetest hosts, I want to adopt them! Pino was so helpful with planning activities & they were both so welcoming that it felt like staying with friends. I've never stayed in a B&B where the hosts are able to perfectly balance privacy & interaction, as Pino & Pina did. We never felt intruded upon but felt so welcome at the same time. Just gorgeous, genuinely warm people.

We stayed in the yellow room, which was a bit bright at first glance but gorgeous none the less. Views were just spectacluar and the room was really large with a balcony that was perfect for sipping wine & soaking up the gorgeous amalfi air. I didn't see the blue room, but it was off the lounge/dining room so I think the yellow room which is up the back of the flat would have a bit more privacy. I think by the sounds of it though both rooms are excellent.

I would highly reccommend the cooking class at La Palme restaurant in Atrani, with special rates given to La Scogliera guests. Lots of fun, private class & sooooo much food to eat we could hardly move. The walk up to Ravello is beautiful, although not for the feint hearted (soooo many stairs, it's pretty hard going) and the walk in to Amalfi is an easy 10 minutes stroll. We loved Atrani, super close to Amalfi, but still such a sleepy little village that you feel a million miles away from all the other tourists.

I just can't rave about this place enough, it's given us so many happy memories. The Amalfi Coast is magical, and Pino & Pina helped make our honeymoon magical too.....best stay in all our travels through Europe, by far! Oh my god I forgot the bed, how could I forget the bed! It was like sleeping on a cloud, I think it must have been a memory foam mattress or something like that & it was just amazing. I want one, it is more comfortable than my own bed.

Room Tip: Yellow room is really big and private, up the back of the flat. Beautiful views & incredible bed...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple

232 people have reviewed this hotel

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
Salisbury, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2012

Our stay here was perfect. In planning our trip to Italy, we decided to include Atrani (primarily because of this place), and make it our base for exploring the Amalfi Coast. La Socgliera is gorgeous. It was clean and comfortable. Pino & Pina did an exquisite renovation of a family property. The hospitality was unbeatable. The breakfast was delicious and filling...and they will prepare it to suit your schedule. They did an amazing job of making us feel right at home. From the welcome prosecco to obtaining bus tickets so we were ready to explore the area w/out worrying about details to offering a laundry service to lining up our car for our trip to the train station in Salerno, they were the perfect hosts. And, the views...just like in the photos...I felt like I had been dropped inside a postcard! Also, they are true locals, so they can give you all kinds of advice and tips that are priceless!

Atrani is the most charming town. We had the best time exploring the maze of streets and alleys. You can walk to the bus stop in about 2 minutes, to take day trips to Ravello, etc. We traveled in March, so boats weren't an option for us. We walked to Amalfi...very easy, beautiful walk. We had two amazing dinners, with local, fresh seafood...Pino secured the reservations for us, and those restaurants treated us like family, as well. We were both sad to leave. It was perfect...and I don't say that lightly. This place helped make our trip to Italy even more memorable. If you're thinking of it, book this place. Just go! I hope I am lucky enough to return.

Room Tip: We stayed in the yellow room, which was very nice. He showed us the other room, which looked perfec...
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
Hertfordshire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2012

Having chosen this B&B from research on Trip Advisor everything was as we hoped and went far beyond our expectations. The room, view, location and the friendly welcome that we received from Pino & Pina were exceptional. They are delightful hosts and really could not have been more helpful or accommodating (Pino allowed us to use his own personal parking space for the time of our stay). Each morning we had a beautiful continental breakfast at a time to suit. We stayed in the blue room which although small was simply beautiful with it's own terrace which would have lots of use had the weather been slightly warmer. I would certainly recommend this wonderful B&B for anyone wishing to explore the Amalfi Coast. We had a hire car and visited both Positano and Ravello (both beautiful) as well as a wonderful drive along the entire Amalfi Coast (relaxing and stress-free in February although I am sure would be hair-raising in the summer months). All in all a wonderful trip, thank you to Pino and Pina for everything.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2012

It has been almost a year since our trip to the Amalfi Coast and I continue to feel guilty that I have not written this review. Our stay in the Blue Room was certainly one of the most memorable experiences of that trip. Pino, Pina, and their twin sons were truly exceptional people. We liked Atrani; my husband and I were interested in hiking and found it an excellent location. We were driving from Sorrento and missed the turn-off to Atrani the first time. However, it really is quite easy. Once you go through Amalfi, you go up a hill; there is a tunnel and the turn to Atrani is a sharp right just after the tunnel. The B & B is in the white building you see on your right as you turn down the hill toward the sea. There is a parking lot at the bottom where you can park your car, walk up to the B & B, and discuss parking options. This B& B is small, intimate, and just lovely.

Room Tip: Although we stayed in the Blue Room, we looked at the Gold Room which seemed nice as well.
  • Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
Columbus, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2012

Staying at La Scogliera rooms wasn't just like staying in one of the most beautiful rooms i'd ever seen, seeing the most incredible view from the balcony every evening, or enjoying the wonderful ease of getting around the amalfi coast, it was like staying with family. Pino and Pina are perhaps one of the most genuinely loving couples I have ever met. They are always wiling to go the extra mile to make you feel like so much more than just a guest. By the time we left (after just one week), it actually felt as though I was leaving family that I'd come to visit in Italy. It's an experience that made my honeymoon that much more memorable, and my wife and I will never forget or cease attempting to emulate their incredible kindness.

But do not let my talk of their kindness detract from this review's total affirmation of their hotel as exemplary in all other areas as well. The decorating, quality of living space, location, and amenities were stunning on all counts. When my wife and I return to the Amalfi coast, we will be staying at La Scogliera.

If you're reading this Pino and Pina, thank you so much for memories my wife and I will cherish for the rest of our lives. I hope to see you both again someday.

Room Tip: The Blue room is where we stayed, it was perfect.
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
Rome, Italy
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2012

This review has been a long time coming since we have been so busy since we returned from Europe. La Scogliera Rooms is by far the best place we stayed on our 7 week trip through Europe. Pino and Pina are the incredible, friendly owners who took care of us right from the beginning meeting us at the pier in Amalfi. The accommodations are to die for - new, pristine clean, and overlooking the most beautiful part of Italy. They gave us advice on where to go in Amalfi, and greeted us every morning with a smile and the most delicious croissants we had on the trip - better than France. We cannot rave enough about this place and have recommended it to everyone. They recommended all of the best restaurants to us, and we ate some of the best food we have ever tried. We can't wait to be back for the Ravello music festival. Pino and Pina's twin sons also own a B&B up near Ravello which is just as amazing. Amalfi/Atrani is the only place to stay on the coast, we found the other towns such as Positano, Sorrento, Capri way too crowded and touristy. Amalfi/Atrani had that beautiful Italian Charm and La Scogliera really topped off our trip.

Thank you for the most wonderful time Pino and Pina, Marco and Pasquale. We can't wait to come again and wish you all the best.
-Serenity (Australia)

Room Tip: All of the rooms are amazing. You can't go wrong with any.
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
Bruxelles
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2012

The blue room was very comfortable with a breathtaking with on the sea.
The location is perfect. Pino and Pina are the best hosts you could expect.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to La Scogliera? Share your experiences!