“Incredible, authentic, fresh Italian food” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 13 Restaurants in Atrani
Cuisines: Italian, Mediterranean, Seafood, Chowder
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Palo Alto, California
“Incredible, authentic, fresh Italian food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2013

We ate 2 of our best meals of this vacation at this restaurant. The first was a lunch, and after the lunch we made reservations to eat our last night's dinner here. Both meals were incredibly fresh and delicious. The lunch was baccala with lemon, stuffed zucchini blossoms (stuffed with ricotta and fish), and a wonderful homemade pasta with fish. The dinner was the zucchini blossom again, an anchovy/eggplant dish that was really interesting (and good), a delicious stuffed squid dish, and a ravioli stuffed with white fish. We had a lemon cake dessert that was like eating a cloud. All this and 2 glasses of the house white came to a very reasonable price, and the service was friendly and efficient (by the owner, I think). We loved this restaurant and look forward to coming back when we return to the Amalfi coast.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

“Very average”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2013 via mobile

I went into this restaurant with a few expectations and was pretty disappointed. We ordered 6 things for our table of six and shared all the dishes. The risotto was the "best" dish of the 6 but the risotto grains were "too" al dente to the point of being under cooked. The flavour was decent though. Same goes for the seafood pasta. Maybe that's the style...

Overall, I much rather go to Mistral which is just a bit south and in the actual piazza. It felt less pretentious there and the pasta had the perfect flavour and "bounce" to it that I never had experienced in my lifetime in North America.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
NSW
“Fabulous, delicious antipasto and traditional service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2013

We loved A'Paranza. We had booked a long time ago via email. It had been recommended to me by someone who lived on Amalfi as not to be missed. We then discovered our taxi driver has been there for his birthday. A good sign in my view, as taxi drivers always seem to find the best restaurants. Atrani is a lovely little town. You walk up the main street to the nicely decorated restaurant. Most of the other people in the restaurant were Italian.The owner offered he would organise our meal (I would not agree to this in a touristy restaurant but all the signs were good. We had a series of 6-8 delicious seafood antipasto dishes - prawns 'cooked' in lemon juice, stuffed sardines, zucchini flower stuffed with crab meat, whitebait in lemon leaves- they were all delicious. The main meal was lovely but almost an anti-climax after the antipasto - a large fresh fish grilled with small tomatoes and calamari. Service was great throughout and bathrooms were cleanest on the Amalfi coast. My husband also said the wine list was good with very modest mark ups. A great and memorable night out.

• Visited July 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Gold Canyon, Arizona
“Excellent seafood”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2013

This restaurants, along with some of the others, did not open for dinner until 7. It is tucked away up the Main Street from the others so a bit quieter. The service and food were excellent.

Visited September 2013
methuen
“Very good”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2013

I would highly recommend the squid with tomatoes very good. I got the risotto with creamy sauce and my husband got the seafood and pasta (which I think was better here than at other places we tried it.) The prices were maybe a euro higher than other restaurant around but nothing that would prevent me from going. The waiter was nice, not overly warm like other restaurant.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere