Upon arrival I, who had booked a Superior room with a terrace and a view of the sea, was provided with a standard room exclusive of sea view. I obviously complained and was informed that all other rooms were booked up. However, my response that, in that case, I would find another hotel suddenly resulted in the availability of a room with a terrace and view of the sea – albeit still a standard room, which I, grudgingly, accepted.
As it turned out, the room was equipped with a malfunctioning TV, a minibar that had not been replenished after the previous guests, 4 wall sockets on the blink, beds as hard as rock, and the bathroom shower was adjustable to either icy-cold or scalding. The hotel staff, whom I obviously informed about this, only reacted with annoyance – for how could I, who was after all staying at a 5-star hotel, have the audacity to make complaints?
At home, I had – as requested by the hotel – booked my therapeutic massage in advance and, consequently, I was in possession of the hotel's confirmation thereof. But, once again, the hotel had made a mistake with the result that we could not get the therapy we had ordered which, however, should turn out to be fortunate since when, at long last, we received treatment – scheduled to be of 40 minutes' duration but in reality only lasting for 30 minutes – it was of such poor quality that my 4-year-old son could have provided better massage. The spa-area staff don't speak English, they are grumpy and they leave the impression that they would rather not be at work. To date, my most disappointing spa experience.
The only small asset of this hotel is their restaurant as it provides quite reasonable quality – excepting breakfast, though, which is a sorry sight.
Checking out of the hotel, I was nevertheless billed for the spa treatment which I never received; and, thus, my stay was terminated as it began: with arguing.
I cannot recommend strongly enough that anybody going holidaying on and at the Amalfi Coast find a different hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A recent and precious renovation has turned the famed Hotel Raito, in Vietri sul Mare into a closely guarded secret getaway, the crown jewel of the Amalfi Coast. This extraordinary five star hotel displays a suggestive landscape where Earth, Sea and Sky seem to meet exalting its marvelous position which sets in the mountain-site descending on the amazing Salerno bay. Superb landscapes and a central location give the hotel the most desirable destination. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Agoda, Despegar.com, Escapio, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Hotel Raito reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Raito Hotel Vietri Sul Mare
- Hotel Raito Vietri Sul Mare, Italy - Amalfi Coast