After reading the earlier reviews we were a little wary. However, the hotel is on the outskirts of Salerno, in Vietri Sul Mare. Salerno is a big city with a harbour and therefore the roads outside the hotel are busy. There is free parking. The staff were good at English and were friendly and efficient. The views are beautiful either towards the harbour overlooking Salerno along the coast or towards the Amalfi coast. The hotel is clean and well kept. The furnishings are nice and elegant. The pool was closed. However, guests can travel via a lift onto the private beach which includes beach towels, umbrellas, and sunbeds for 5 euros per adult. It is worth paying for because the free section of the beach is only small and is really busy. Some days there was not enough room for people to sit down!! It is a good base to explore Vesuvius and Pompeii as well as the beautiful Amalfi coast.
We had breakfast in the hotel which was buffet. Italians do not have huge breakfasts, but there was enough to choose from. Coffee was good. There were fruit juices and a selection of fruits. The water melon was lovely. There was toast, fresh bread, sliced cheese and sliced ham and a selection of pastries cakes and crossants which tasted good. The safe is free to hire. We had a problem with the safe as we input the incorrect number, reported it to reception and the technician came and sorted it quickly. Would recommend this hotel to anybody. The patio areas are beautiful. There is also a childrens club, with singing and dancing.
- Also Known As:
- Lloyds Baia Hotel
- Best Western Vietri Sul Mare
- Vietri Sul Mare Best Western
- Lloyd's Baia Hotel Vietri Sul Mare, Italy - Amalfi Coast
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Lloyd's Baia Hotel has a cliff-top location at Vietri Sul Mare, 3 km from the centre of Salerno. There is an outdoor pool and guests have free access to the private beach.Lloyd’s Baia's rooms are air conditioned and have satellite TV, most have a sea view. A continental buffet breakfast is served in the sunny dining room.At Hotel Lloyd’s Baia you will find an à la carte restaurant serving regional specialities. There is a comfortable lounge bar with internet access and a terrace. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Venere, Priceline, Expedia, Tingo, Travelocity, Agoda, Hotels.com and Otel so you can book your Lloyd's Baia Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.