“Lovely Hotel” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #8 of 30 hotels in Kolimbia
NORTH WALES
“Lovely Hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2013

We stayed at this hotel at the beginning of June, we should have stayed at the Doreta Beach but where informed the day before that the rooms wheren't ready!!! When we arrived at the Lydia Maris they had no idea that we should be there, but where extremely good, gave us a lovely room and told us not to worry. It wasn't until we had been there two days that they where told about us. The hotel is lovely, pool spotless, rooms cleaned everyday and the food was brilliant, lots of choice. We have never been All Inclusive before but we found that no one seems to drink in access which was good. The staff where very pleasant and extremely helpful. Although not the part of the Island that we would have liked to stay, we had a really enjoyable holiday. I would highly recommend this hotel to couples or families, the grounds are lovely and they have an Animation team that work really hard and are great with children.

Room Tip: I think any of the rooms would be pleasant as there are only two floors and are spaced around the gr...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple

193 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
  • Polish first
Bristol, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2013

First off, I would stay at this hotel again that is for sure!

It seems to be a very German orientated resort, but I got the feeling that that was the same around the majority of the area, and not just the hotel. It can make you feel slightly isolated from anyone else as the hotel staff seemed to be able to communicate to the Germans more easily and happily. It was almost like if you heard an English family or couple you would automatically find a friend in them as I would say it was 85% German, with the rest of the hotel guests being other nationalities.

My boyfriend and I, both 19, traveled here for a week on the 12th June 2013.

That in itself is my only 'problem' if you could call it that. Just felt slightly put out by the other German guests, and some staff .. this could only possibly be due to the language barrier, but still.

The food, yes, it is a buffet style, and yes, it does have to cater for hundreds of guests all at the same time, day in day out, so a lot of it is quite the same. However, the quality is great. My boyfriend and I always found something to eat. There were 'theme' nights for the evening meals which was fun to do. The desserts were great, always some sort of gateau, cake, jelly, pastry and ice cream. There was a very large section for salad and fruit, as well as breads, and rolls. Food was always piping hot, and the staff were always bringing out fresh trays and dishes of food whenever it got to a quarter full. The waiting staff were always working their best, and they all did a great job. Couldn't fault them, or the kitchen staff or the food. I'm a particularly fussy eater, and even I found something every day to eat.

Our bedroom was fantastic. I loved the decor - very modern but nothing extreme. The bathrooms were brilliant, very roomy and did not feel at all cramped like some hotels I've been to in the past. Complimentary small toiletries in the bathroom too. Television with a few English channels, and the mini bar is great too. It's free, but once you've drank what's in there, it doesn't get re filled. Air con is good, but doesn't work if you have the door to the room open which makes sense as they're very good at saving electricity etc.

The maid service was fabulous, rooms were cleaned every day, and the maids even said to my boyfriend and I, if we ever needed anything, just simply ask and they would try their best to make sure that whatever we needed, they would get for us. Bedding is changed every 3 days unless you ask for it to be changed every day (there is a card you place on the bed so the maids know). If you want the towels changed, put them in the bath/shower and they'll be changed. Easy as that.

The pool was fabulous, as was the pool bar too. The bar staff were excellent, despite working very long hours they were always smiling and happy to serve you. The sun loungers can be an issue, but not every morning. About half 8, we would go to breakfast, and just before we would place our towels onto two sunbeds. As you can guess the Germans are all over them in the mornings, but you just have to think that two can play at that game.

Evening entertainment was something that I feel needs most improvement on if anything. Mostly played out and done in German, it is hard for other guests who don't speak the language to follow some of the skits.. such as the 'comedy show'. Most evenings though you can just sit quietly at the back with a drink and play cards or walk to the beach if you'd rather which is what my boyfriend and I mostly did.

The beach, you could get to two different ways. No more than a 5 minute walk. Fabulous beaches, the sea is the perfect temperature. It can be shingle, or sand depending on which part of the beach you go on. Sunbeds are 8 Euros for 2, for the entire day which came with parasols and a little table. For Lydia Maris Hotel guests if you take your room key with you at one part of the beach you can show them this and get pedalos, and canoes for free. There is a beach hut which sells drinks, ice creams and other foods. Fair prices, nothing extortionate, nothing cheap as chips - prices you would expect to pay.

The all inclusive was great. Pretty much every drink was part of it, all cocktails and spirits. Ice cream on tap I'd say, as was every drink. You aren't given bands at the reception which is strange as it's not a full all inclusive hotel, so some guests who've only paid half board etc, could get away with being all inclusive guests which is a bit off in my opinion if you've paid to be an all inclusive guest.

There are toilets available in the hotel, and a cute little white out house round the back of the hotel where you can shower if you need to if you've already checked out of your room. A luggage room is also available, and the reception staff can take your hand luggage and keep safe if you don't want to lug that around with you the day of your departure. Check out is at 12, so if you have a late night flight like we did, we put our stuff away safe and it was so much easier for us. The hotel can provide beach towels for a 10 Euro each deposit too. There is a hotel shop too which sells all sorts; crisps, drinks, chocolate, magazines, post cards, calendars, magnets, bags, cigarettes.. you name it, they've probably got it!!

The area around the hotel is lovely. Nice little avenue full of shops, supermarkets, bars and restaurants.

I think I've covered pretty much everything that I can, if not, you are more than welcome to email me if you'd like more information for this hotel.

Room Tip: rooms away from the pool as the evening entertainment echos around the pool
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2013

We just came back from our holiday in this hotel. The place is beautiful, full of colourful flowers, food was great, rooms cleaned everyday. Afandou beach nearby is the most beautiful place I've ever seen. Car and motorbike rent extremely cheap, supermarket next to the hotel. I really recommend this hotel to families and people who are looking for a relaxed holiday.

• Stayed June 2013
Lydiamaris, Reservation manager at Lydia Maris Resort & Spa, responded to this review, June 19, 2013
Dear Sir/Madam,

We like to thank you for visit us.
We are very gratefull for your nice comments and for your recommendation of our hotel.
Looking forward to welcome you again.

Sincerely yours
Giorgos Lilos
Reservation manager
Grantham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2013

Just back from staying a week at the lydia maris,had the best time.We were supposed to stay at the mistral hotel but this was not finished,but now glad it wasn't as we would never have had the holiday that we did.The food was to die for everything tasted brilliant.The staff couldnt do enough for you even the barman had your drink poured for you just as you entered the pool bar(well done Zach).The rooms were always kept very clean.We will certainly be returning.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Lydiamaris, Reservation Manager at Lydia Maris Resort & Spa, responded to this review, June 15, 2013
Dear Mrs. Denise,

It was our pleasure to accomodate you in our hotel.
Looking forward to welcome you again in our hotel
Castle Douglas, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2013

I have just returned from a week at this hotel and had an excellent time. I had originally booked into the Mistral hotel which was not even open and was put into the Lydia Maris at the last minute so was unsure what to expect after reading some of the reviews.
We stayed in room 411 which overlooked the pool and pool bar and it had a lovely sunny balcony in the mornings.
I cannot fault a thing about the hotel, our room was cleaned everyday, the food was good with plenty of choice and the staff were excellent.
The bus stop was just around the corner and the bus went to Rhodes and Lindos, both of which are worth visiting. We took a day trip to Turkey which was enjoyable and something different to do.
We had an excellent holiday thanks to the friendly staff and the great company of other holiday makers who were there to have a good time. The mosqitoes had a good time on us! take plenty of spray with you.

Room Tip: If you go as a couple and don't mind a little noise from the pool bar then go for rooms 411 onwa...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Lydiamaris, Reservation Manager at Lydia Maris Resort & Spa, responded to this review, June 19, 2013
Dear Mrs. Jackie,

Was our plesure to accomodate you in our hotel.
Thank you for choosing Lydia Maris for your vacation.We hope to see you again

Sincerely yours

Giorgos Lilos
Reservation manager
Aylesbury
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2013

We went there last year and can say it was not the worst place I have been but it was certainly not 5 * food choices were limited but what was on offer was always fresh and very clean, the staff really made the holiday they were so friendly the rooms were basic but clean, the animation in the evening was awful so we ended up sitting by the pool bar as it was much nicer, one night a week they have a greek BBQ which was amazing it would be fantastic if this food was on offer more as that was the best night

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Chester, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2012

I was really looking forward to my holiday quite good reviews on here.
Please take my advice DON'T go.
Pool barmen fantastic they made the holiday.Ants and cockroach in room, no kettle, no iron awful hair dryer .
The food was horrendous and just warm, great for breeding bacteria.
We went out to eat at night as the food was so bad.Full of Germans food was for them.
On arrival the only all inclusive snacks available was dried pizza and hotdog dried sausage rolls that even the wild cats wouldn't eat.
The animation was one young man who was great but he had a hard job being the one and only.
The area is ok but much better places to see or stay a good walk from the beach not two minutes .
Well that's how it was .This the first time I have done this ,when there I spoke to the manger as she had sent a letter out to the guests stating as we were the last there we could keep our rooms free of charge ,that was in German in English we had to check out. Great hey.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Lydia Maris Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!