“Our family holiday” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #4 of 30 Hotels in Kolimbia
Cheltenham, United Kingdom
“Our family holiday”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2013

Went to the Atlantica Aegean Blue on October 22nd-29th, what a fantastic holiday, myself, partner and 8 year old were totally surprised by this fantastic hotel. Set by the mountain it's the most idilic location we could of wished for. The pool areas were spotlessly clean with plenty of sunbeds and parasols for everyone. The waterpark, was as equally brilliant with something for everyone. The hotel was better than expected, the staff including the cleaners could not do enough for you, always pleasant with smiles from morning to night. A special mention for Happy Hannah, Awesome Amy and Kir from the Thomson kids club, who made our daughters holiday extra special. The evening entertainment was naff sometimes, but a good variety of it through out the week, and the childrens disco as ever very entertaining. I would really recommend this place as a great family holiday

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (218)
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
Haywards Heath, England, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2013

This is a fantastic hotel for families. The facilities are fantastic and there are lots of things to keep children entertained.

The staff are very friendly and welcoming and will go out of there way for you. The ladies that work in the pool bar are fantastic and always have a warm smile and like to chat :-)

The rooms are really nice, we were fortunate to have a very large balcony and a fantastic seaview (room number 215)

The food is very good and probably the best AI buffet I have experienced. The only things that let this hotel down that the drinks. They are awful. You can drink the Beer all day long without getting drunk and the wine and cocktails were very poor.

The pools are fantastic but too cold, my little one was not interested in swimming due to this.

If this hotel could improve its drinks it would be superb and I would highly recommend to anyone with kids

Room Tip: we had 215 which got the sun on the balcony all day and had pool and sea view
Portsmouth, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2013

We stayed in this hotel from 1st oct 2013 for 11 nights. We had a really great time here and the hotel is really geared up for children, there were lots of thoughtful touches like a step in the bathroom, kid plastic plates, cutlery and cups. We stayed in a family room with the dividing wall which was a good size and offered some privacy for the adults.

The room overall was unfortunately not up to a 5* standard! it was a nice room and the finish was ok but the bathroom really let it down! the finishing in the bathroom was extremely poor grouting and sealing really messy. Sink plug would not close so you could not hold water in the sink! (Plunger too close to the wall). Another negative was having to pay €25 euros for the safe, this was a payment not a deposit which I find unbelievable for a 5* hotel.

Food - I have to say the food was excellent, best buffet meals we have ever had. Lots of choice and meals not repeated weekly. Food quality and taste was also to a very good standard. We only tried the oriental restaurant and to be honest was disappointed with the limited choice. Snak bar was great, perfect food for lunch time.

Pool areas were well maintained with plenty of comfortable sun beds and shades. Pool was freezing so hardly went in!

Kids club, entertainers and facilities were all excellent.

We were travelling with our 3 year old daughter but for me there was too many children, we travelled in October and 9/10 people had children with them. This is not a hotel for couples.

Free wifi in rooms and all over the hotel and pool was an excellent feature

Colerne, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2013

This was my first experience of an all inclusive holiday and I can truly say I was very impressed. Our room was wonderful , we had twin beds instead of a double as is common in hot countries so asked for a double sheet to be put across both mattresses which happened straight away. The food was excellent every day , it was all very fresh and there was a huge variety of choice. The hotel was incredibly clean and all the staff were helpful and friendly. The entertainment was good and again very varied. Hire cars were available at the hotel reception for reasonable prices and buses were extremely cheap , although they were usually very busy. The water park is on site and free , there was plenty to do both in the hotel's 5 pools and the water park. The bar staff were really friendly and made great effort to ensure we enjoyed our stay. All in all it was a brilliant experience that we would definitely repeat if / when we have the opportunity!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Newcastle Upon Tyne, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2013

Booked this online on late deal so did not know to much what to expect, but it has lived up to its description,lovely room and food very good staff very polite and welcoming, free wifi all around hotel and around the five pools, a must for family's with kids as well as five pools and numerous plat rooms soft play areas their is a water park opposite front of hotel just for the use of patrons absolutely brilliant, we had a toilet that broke and within 30 mins was fixed so overall very good, this is a multi national hotel with holiday makers from all countries so that tells you something,beach not that good but who needs beach with all their facilities.

Room Tip: Rooms at front of hotel are in shade most of the time at this late in the year last week in October...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2013 via mobile

My partner and I came here last year for my birthday and had such a good time last year we decided to book the same hotel again this year.

Before coming to the resort my partner emailed ahead to ask if we could have the same room as last year which we upgraded to a deluxe room, the reason being if you are not on the left side of the hotel then your terrace will be in the shade all day. This was accommodated and they did just that which I thought was good.

There seem to be a lot of familiar faces in regards to the hotel staff and waterpark lifeguards, most of which recognised us, which was really nice.

The main attraction for us with this hotel was originally the waterpark and although the weather wasn't as hot as last year we still managed to use it every day.

The food was just as good as last year, being a vegan means that I always have issues with food however once again this wasn't an issue, but the food is repetitive but I do not mind that.

The restaurant staff were also very friendly and efficient and the lady that welcomes you to the restaurant was always friendly and smiling.

Now the negative sides, for some reason the hotel did not feel or look as clean as I remember it and to be honest this is the first time I have actually thought the maid needs firing, she rarely emptied the bins and our room wasn't cleaned until at least 5pm, there were also lots and lots of little flying things especially in the bathroom, on the towels and even the toilet which wasn't nice and although I can appreciate that it was that time of year for them, what I didn't appreciate was the cockroach that decided to pay us a visit!! There was also an issue with the sink being blocked.

My boyfriend complained to reception twice to get this sorted and eventually the sink was unblocked but I really can't tell what they did to sort the cockroach issue.

As a frequent traveller once I get a bad experience of a place I do find it hard to return to the same hotel and unfortunately that is what happened in this case, and although its only minor issues, for me cleanness is a major priority and as a result I will not return to this hotel next year for my birthday.

• Stayed October 2013
Tyne and Wear
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2013

We stayed at this hotel 9th – 16th October. The weather was fantastic and we didn't see a cloud in the sky until the day we left! There are some negative comments on Tripadvisor, which are definitely not deserved, except that this hotel is more like a 4* than 5*.However I would not mark it down for that.
That said we thoroughly enjoyed our stay and would definitely recommend this hotel to others.
We arrived around 9pm at night and we were advised by reception to wait to check in and go to the restaurant to get our evening meal as it was closing at 9:30pm. Although there was sparkling wine waiting at the reception desk we didn’t have any as we went to eat.
Room - After finishing our meal, we checked in and were taken by buggy to our room. 2108B. The room was spotlessly clean and the twin beds pushed together but were very comfortable. The view out on the verandah unfortunately was of the room across the path. This gave us little privacy. That said this did not bother us at all as we were hardly in our room. The only toiletries provided were Lux soap in dispensers. Unfortunately there was no conditioner, body lotion, paper hankies etc., or any other little luxury toiletries you would expect to find in 5*. The fridge had water, soft drinks and juice and there were tea and coffee with kettle etc. These do not get replenished during your stay. If you want more bottled water you have to pay for it but don’t worry you can fill it up yourself at the snack bar or the bar staff will fill it up for you.
Drinks - The drinks were drinkable, but premium brands would have helped to make this hotel 5*. Served in paper cups around the pool area, but I would always expect this for health and safety.
Food - The food was very good (although I have had better) with plenty of choice although cereals at breakfast time were too bland for my liking. You were always greeted and seated, often with a drink as you go in.
• Lemincello on Italian night,
• Tequila Mexican night,
• Ouzo Greek night etc. Nice touch!
The Dine around experience I was advised had been a trial and was no longer on. So we had to choose from the Italian or Asian (you were only allowed 1 alacarte per weeks stay) We tried the Asian. It was very nice. If you wanted a plate of butterfly king prawn you had to pay 20 euros. Someone did order them and they looked delicious. You also had to pay for bottles of wine here. The snack bar round the pool cooked toasted sandwiches, panis, to order and piza, chips, nuggets etc kebabs, and popcorn fresh. There was a lunch box area in the restaurant where you could load up your cool bag (provided by hotel) if you were going out for the day.
Pools – There were plenty of sunbeds. Pools were very cold, so I never swam in them. Waterpark was very enjoyable, although the snack bar is not part of the AI package, it was only a 1 minute walk to the bar to get something!
Beach – Yes this is pebble and grey so make sure you take suitable footwear. The sea is warmer than the pool and we swam there every day.
Around hotel – It was always spotless. Pool, bathing areas, sunbeds, toilet areas were cleaned regularly, Bins and cup areas were also emptied regularly. The location of this hotel is below Tsambika mountain. We climbed this and the views were breathtaking. Anyone can do it. It took an hour to get up and half an hour to get back down. You really must try it. There is a bus stop just outside the hotel where you can get on for 3.50 euros and go into Rhodes town (40 mins) or Lindos.
Staff – This is where they get the 5* rating from I believe – it’s the staff! They are all so friendly and helpful. A special mention for Linda and her husband Lefteris who work on the bars and a small bubbly waitress with dark long curly hair, (sorry I can’t remember her name) they are all assets to the hotels team. There was only one member of staff who seemed a bit abrupt on several occasions and I never saw him smile. He was grey haired and worked in the snack bar area.
I would definitely recommend this hotel to others. It is unlikely that I will go back only because there are too many other places in the world to see. That said if there was a really good deal I might!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Atlantica Club Aegean Blue? Share your experiences!