“3 Generation Holiday - perfect!!!” 5 of 5 stars

Atlantica Club Aegean Blue
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   PO Box 4101, Kolimbia 85103, Greece   |
Ranked #4 of 30 Hotels in Kolimbia
Newcastle upon Tyne
“3 Generation Holiday - perfect!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2013

At very short notice my sister-in-law asked if me and my (15 month old baby) fancied a family holiday to this hotel with her (8 year old son) my mother in law, Aunty and cousin. Given the weather in the UK I agreed, even though I was a bit nervous travelling with the baby (without my husband) and unsure what to expect of a 'Thomson' family holiday having never been to a proper family resort before.

Well I am VERY glad I made the decision to come on is holiday because it has been one of my most enjoyable. Let me tell you why:

Upon arrival, we were greeted by cheerful staff with cold soft and alcoholic drinks. The restaurant was kept open for us later than normal and we were able to get something to eat which was much needed after a long and somewhat fraught flight with my baby.

My room (313) was spotlessly clean, brightly and fresh in neutral colours located centrally within the main complex. I was delighted to find a full size wooden baby cot (with blue checked matching baby bedding) in my room especially as I was expecting a travel cot which aren't idea comfort wise for more than a night or two.

My bed was so comfortable and although you could hear people passing in the corridors it didn't really disturb me and I had great sleeps throughout my stay. The only thing I would say is that my room was an ideal size for two people. It sleeps 3, but my family next door had 3 in and it was a bit cramped. However we were delighted that the hotel gave us two adjoining rooms so we could see each other as and when we needed too without having to go outside into the corridor.

As we arrived at night I didn't see the view until the morning when I opened the curtains and it simply took my breath away. I looked directly at the sea and pool complex and my terrace was very large with two big arches - creating a somewhat dreamy Greek picture postcard. One point I would note for the hotel is that the patio doors were covered by giant black out curtains which we great for blocking out the daylight. However there were no nets so if you wanted privacy during he day, you had to pull the curtains, which was a shame as it plunged the room into darkness. It would be ideal if the rooms had privacy nets so you could still enjoy the spectacular view.

We booked a basic room, but I would not describe it as basic, however it didn't have tea of coffee facilities which would have been a nice touch as it took me a while to get down for breakfast with my baby in tow etc. A mini bar would have also been wonderful to enjoy drinks on the balcony as many a night I had to retire earlier than the others in my group so I could put my baby to bed.

The hotel itself is immaculate and the staff are wonderful, polite and friendly. Everything is spotlessly clean and tidy and there is so much to do for children.

I used the crèche 3 times during my stay and found it a wonderful place to take my baby during the midday sun. He went in u1-3pm and it cost 11 euros per session. He loved it as there were lots of things to play with, fun nannies and familiar toys (most are from Mothercare). A great place I also found was the baby beach hut (just next to the baby pool) it was fantastic, a little hut with everything you could need - cots, rocking chairs, microwave etc - so instead of going back up to the main hotel if you needed to change a happy etc, you could just use the baby but instead. A really appreciated and helpful touch.

The baby park next to the beach was a little run down and sorry for itself. It would be nice if this could be spruced up as I didn't feel comfortable using the apparatus when the paint was peeling and rust visible.

Now onto the food - well what can I say. I never got bored and loved going for meals. The variety and quality was out of this world. I ate way too much but it was worth it. My highlight was Greek night, everything was delicious and this was followed by some great Greek music and dancing in the lobby bar - a fab night!

All in all I had a wonderful trip and would definitely return. It was excellent value for money and made our entire party happy & relaxed regardless of ages which ranged from 15 months to 67 years.

Well done Atlantica Aegean Blue!

Room Tip: 313 has a stunning view and large domed patio. Great for two people. However it only gets sun until...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
AlexandrosKanis, General Manager at Atlantica Club Aegean Blue, responded to this review, April 20, 2013
Dear Guests.
Many thanks for taking the time to write your great review of your recent stay with us here at the Atlantica Aegean Blue Hotel. We are very happy that you had a great holiday on Rhodes with us.
Thank for all your great comments which are very much appreciated. It is great to read this kind of feedback and of course we will pass it to our staff.
We really hope to welcome you once again in our hotel.
Kind regards

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (218)
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
Hitchin, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013

We have just returned from a weeks stay at the Atlantica. It was their first week of opening, so upon arrival they kept the restaurant open from 10pm-2pm for all the guests, including those that had been delayed on thier journeys. All of the staff when we arrived and during our stay were friendly, helpful and couldn't do enough for you. The family rooms are great - the children's single beds (in our case) are separated via a partition & sliding door - however the partition only goes up 8ft - the room is probably 10ft high! We stayed in Rm155 - it was clean, we had fresh towels each & every day and the beds are indeed extremely comfy. There is a fridge you can use, and is stocked with a couple of bottles of water & juice. The corridors can be noisey with people coming & going, but it was fine. We had a problem with the shower which was quickly rectified. We ate in the main restaurant throughout (the terrace for lunch wasn't open yet) and the food in the restaurant is great - a wide varied selection (more local food would be great too though) and there is something for everyone including a kids corner with a buffet at their height, ikea cups & plates, knives & forks etc. They also have a microwave. Yiannis is the Maitre'D in the restaurant and is fantastic - he helped our 6yr old with various items (helping carry her oj & lemonade (cocktails!), finding sprinkles for ice-cream when there wasn't any). Outside, there are 3 pools interlinked and two further separate pools for kiddies. But mind, at the moment, they are a little chilly. It is quieter at the end furthest from the hotel, but it can be windy! Overall, I am glad we chose the venue, we had a great time & it was great to get back to Rhodes. The Thomson kids team are great, friendly & so are the european family team who combine for the entertainment in the evening. And finally, yes there are mosquitos, some we heard got really nasty bites - luckily we didn't get any but take some spray & cream as a preventative measure. Need to know: handsoap & shower soaps are ina dispenser in the bathrooms; a safe can be rented for the week for 20 euros (non refundable) and don't bother taking beach towels - for 10 euros each you can get towels from the shop (& change them every other day) you are given a ticket at reception & this is refundable upon towel return. The shop under the hotel only takes cash - if you are going in the next 4 weeks take enough euros with you for the week - the banks seem to be unaware the cash machines need refilling! All 3 machines in walking distance of the hotel were empty! And remember, you are in a part of Greece, their toilet system isn't as here in the UK and you have to bin it NOT flush it!

Room Tip: If you want a quiet room, ask for one facing the road (odd I know but the road is quiet). The hotel...
Dear guest,

Thank you for writing a great review of your stay with us. We are very happy that you enjoyed your holidays in the Atlantica Aegean Blue Hotel.
Thank you for your great comments about the hotel and the staff, it is great to hear and very much appreciated.
We very much look forward to welcome you back to the hotel for another great stay with us.
Kind regards.
Nottingham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013

A great holiday was had by all after escaping the easter snow at home!

We were the first lot of guests of the new season! We landed on 30th March '13.

We were a party of 6, aged between 16 and 75 and there was something for all of us.
The rooms were very spacious and clean and as per the last review the beds were so so comfy.

Having been to 'all inclusive' deals all over the world this was by far one of the best for food. It was well cooked, well presented and there was so much choice it was unbelievable. There was a seperate 'kids station' where they could choose their food and sit together depending on their age on their own table! I have to admit that we had a sneaky fish finger or two from their station! There was a different theme every night and all were great (my favourite was the greek night!)
You helped yourself to soft and alcoholic drinks as there was a beer tap and carafe's of red, white and rose wine which was of a good standard. Also a tea and coffee station.
The staff worked tirelessly and were there if you needed them but very descreet at the same time.
Having gone 'out of the main season' only one main restaurant was open and also the lagoon asian al a carte where you had one complimentary booking. This was brilliant where you could order the set 4 courses or have platters. The drinks are also included in this. The water park was also closed. I'm sure that when the other restaurants and water park are open this hotel would be even more amazing.

I have to mention the animation/entertainment team who were excellent, they worked so hard in making everyone have a good time and there is absolutely loads to do for kids. They can be entertained all day and evening. This team also did most of the evening entertainment, which was a good laugh and very light hearted. There were 2 evenings of live bands who were excellent.

The staff that need mentioning are 'Seva' at the pool bar, Nikos the waiter and of course Linda who looked after us every night making sure we always had a table for the 6 of us and our glasses were never empty. (Thank you Linda)

If you want a safety deposit box it is 20 euros which is non refundable.
You get complimentary pool towels which are 10 euros each as a deposit which is refunded at the end of your stay.

We went on the 'tale of 2 and half cities' excursion which was brilliant. Very well organised with our own guide and took us to Lindos and Rhodes Town. It would be a mistake to go to this hotel and just stay there when this trip will show you some of Rhodes and its culture. The hotel can organise a packed lunch if you request it a day before. You get given a large cool bag and get to fill it with what you want from the chilled cabinet in the restaurant. This included sandwiches, baguettes, fruit, salad, cake, fruit juice and water. You can take as much as you can fit in your bag!

We also went of our own accord to Lindos as it is so very lovely. Whitewashed buildings on the hill below the acropolis. and 3 lovely beaches including the secluded St Pauls Bay.
We waited at the bus stop which is just out of the hotel, turn right and cross the road (its orange) you can't miss it. A taxi pulled up and as there was 5 of us he said he would take us to Lindos for 25 euros. A good deal. We also rang him from Lindos and he came to collect us and take us back.

We did also get the bus to Lindos which is 3.50 euros each way and was very easy, it took about 25 minutes each way. There is only one in the morning at 9.30am there are 2 coming back at 12:15pm and 2:30pm.

Once in Lindos I would recommend 'Mythos' the local beer and having a 'gyros' which is a pitta bread packed full of grilled chicken or pork, chips, onion, tomato and drizzled in garlic mayonnaise (It is the food of the gods) Only priced at about 2.60 euros each. If you can find 'Captains House Bar' then you will have a great time with the owner 'Savas' who made us very welcome.

I am struggling to find any negatives and if I was being really picky then only 2, **just for the hotel to take note** :

There should be tea/coffee making facilities in the room and bottled water in the fridge every day (After all it is 5* and I would expect it as a minimum)

The shop on the bottom terrace sold bottled water for 1 euro and then 2 days after being there they put the price up to 2 euros 20, it would appear they realised that no-one was getting the bottled water in their room and wanted to make some money on it. This was a little disappointing.

Finally......this is an amazing hotel who try really hard to make sure everyone has a great time.....and we did! Thank you...XX

Room Tip: We were in a bungalow which had excellent access to everything. If you struggle with stairs ask for...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Dear valued guests,
Thank you very much for taking your time to post your impressions about your holiday with us.
It is lovely to read, that you have had a great time.
You can be sure, that we will pass your great feedback to our staff and we really hope to welcome you once again in the Atlantica Aegean Blue Hotel.
Best regards from the Atlantica Aegean Blue Team
Oakham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2013

A winter holiday was needed for three generations over Easter and within a reasonable budget....sunshine would be a bonus!
Arriving at the hotel was well organised and greeted by all staff with a smile, luggage taken to the rooms while we had a drink and bite to eat. The rooms were spacious, immaculate and I have to say the most comfortable beds we have slept in on holiday.
The staff in ALL areas of the hotel were so lovely, friendly chatty and professional at all times. Our family group consisted of six people aged between 11 and 70 and there was something for everyone to do (or not as the case was for two of us who just required a sunbed for the duration!) The restaurant was nice and spacious and the food was well cooked and warm with plenty of variety......kids loved it too! Then afterwards in the bar, even if there were no seats or tables one would be found and arranged for us. The staff were always attentive and friendly, we had the hostess with the mostess every evening Linda, she was a star! The weather was fantastic and only one day of rain when we hired a car and saw the island which was lovely. All in all a really superb holiday....and yes you will see us again!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
AlexandrosKanis, General Manager at Atlantica Club Aegean Blue, responded to this review, April 19, 2013
Dear guest,
First of all we would like to thank you for taking your time to post your reviews regarding your stay at the Atlantica Aegean Blue.
We are glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and that all your family spent a lovely time.
We are proud to say that our staff is essential for our hotel and we are happy to forward your great feedback to them, especially to Linda.
The Atlantica Aegean Blue Hotel hopes to welcome you once again in Rhodes.

Yours sincerely Atlantica Aegean Blue Team
stirling
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2013

We were here in September 2012 on our first holiday with our baby (then just turned 12months). I was just having a look at rebooking it and seen some reviews that were clearly written by the numpty you always see. You know, the one who shouts louder when a local doesn't speak English, had no manners or friendliness and expects the ritz for £700!.
To say I loved this hotel is an understatement. Now we weren't expecting it to be great as the last holiday we had was our honeymoon and was a much higher budget, but this place is awsum.

Ok where to start. Staff... The whole hotel is spotless, rooms are always immaculate, the cleaner even used to make a swan and a fan out of the sheet and blankets in the cot!!! The staff are soooo friendly, and they all seem to love kids. By the end of the week, one man in particular even knew our wee girls name, and used to shout after her and she would run up to him for a cuddle....and she is usually scared of men! I also had taken a bad reaction to some mosquito bites, and the reception staff looked at them and gave me their opinion to get a doc, and when we left 3 days later she remembered and asked how I was feeling. We used a taxi to and from airport to save time, and when we called one to go to airport she made sure she called one with a baby seat, without even being asked :) they have a table in reception with champagne and oj for arrivals/departures which is a nice touch.

There is a large main pool, a medium depth pool, and a baby pool. Plenty of sun loungers, although can be a struggle to get one around the baby pool, but otherwise always managed. The water park is AMAZING! Considering its free and part of the hotel we weren't expecting much, but its brilliant! We spent time here every day. They have a baby area where the water is all ankle deep at most, with no step into it so if you have a toddler they are fine pottering themselves, it has little baby slides and water spraying, and sundowners around the edges. Then there is a kids area age 2-12 with bigger slides and things, only thing is adults are not aloud down the slides with their kids. Our baby was dieting to go on them, so I thought I'd take her on one but got told off, and I saw a few folk being told the same, so it was back to the baby area for us. The adult area has what can only be described as a giant half pipe waterside, quite scary and reaaaally high but brilliant, and a few others and a lazy river around the outside of the whole water park. The waterpark alone makes this hotel! There are several play parks around the hotel aswell, there is a toddler play park just outside the waterpark where the kids clubs must meet, with little tikes sea saws and swings etc, an older kids play park which is a castle, and there's a toddlers and kids play park down towards the beach. They are all spread out so much from each other that I didn't really feel over ridden by kids and the parks seemed half empty a lot of the time, maybe down to time of year.

Food was lovely. It's buffet style but different theme every night and plenty of choice so its not sanely unless u just have chips every night. They have a kids food station separately aswell with things like spam Bol, beans, mac and cheese etc Incase the freshly made fajitas etc isn't their cup of tea. Main restaurant has a lovely view of the sea, with an roof terrace outside aswell as plenty of tables and chairs inside. The lunch is served in the poolside taverna, and yes you get the occasional stray cat, but don't know why folk r moaning, it's outside for goodness sake, you can't help it, and they are very timid and never noticed them much. They have to specialised restaurants, Italian and Chinese. The only prob is you can only book one night per stay and by 1 I mean 1 night so you have to pick which one, which seems silly as you only get to try 1. We had the Italian and it was beautiful. Proper table service with bottle of wine etc, food was gorgeous, we had 4 courses yum!

Drinks where nice, local spirits not branded but did the job just the same. We bought wine in the wee shop each night sp we could drink on our terrace while the wee one was asleep. It was only €4 for the bottle and super tasty. We had a fridge in the room so could keep things like this and baby food nice and chilled.

The hotel is couple mins walk from the beach which is shingle and nothing special, but fine for sunning or swimming, and the cocktails at "sexy Billy's" on the beach are mega!

There is a taverna and couple of wee shops near by and more if you walk about 15mins along the coast line. Weather was toasty, but got quite chilled at night in September once the sun went in.

I heard the bus service was good to Rhodes town etc and often seen people at the bus stop, we never ventured away from the area though as we didn't want the hassle of a bus ride in the heat with a baby, I was all about the stress free holiday, enjoying doing nothing when she was napping haha.

The hotel is quite big but spread out in a way that it doesn't seem it. We changed our holiday to an earlier week together air on and paid much more, but I later found out that if the aircon isn't on out of season you can pay €40 at the reception for the week and have it on in your room.

We will definitely be back here, I'd say good for families (although if ur on baby food take some with you as only jars you can get is chicken with veal and nothing else) good for retired people, and good for couples wanting to relax.

Room Tip: Some of the ground floor rooms balcony is right on the paths with no sun so if u plan on staying on...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
plymouth
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2013

What a great hotel I had write a review after I read somebodys awful review about Chav parents and kids ! Rubbish we have stayed in lots of hotels all over the world and we had one of the best holidays we've ever had as a family.kolymbia isn't the best resort and is a little run down but all the people we met where very friendly and helpful the children loved the horse and carriage ride back from the resort ,most of the hotels in the area seem to be all inclusive so the resort suffers a little so go out spend a bit of money in the shops and restaurants . the staff are a credit to this hotel( all apart from the lady in the shop )all are friendly cant do enough for you and great with the children .lots to do water park , pools ,beach if a bit stoney . Rodos car hire the guy is brilliant maps tips what ever you need and the hire is reasonable .tsampika beach around the headland to the right of the hotel is amazing worth a day out , lindos , Rhodes town , valley of the butterfly's so much to do , if your feeling adventurous climb the hill to the right all the way to the top not so bad goat paths to follow day break is special ,on the adjoining hill is a small church with 400 ish steps to get there another great view. Resort :little run down but ok : hotel -very good:staff-very good: food - allways choice lunch can get a bit samey after 14 days but was ok: Rhodes -amazing :my children would go back tomorrow if they could so that is for me what it is all about happy children happy parent

• Stayed June 2012
Huddersfield, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2013

Fantastic holiday for all the family with good food and drinks, the place fantastic. Clean and staff really friendly. lots of things to do for kids and adults. I would go again......deffo.

Good for couples and good for familys

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family

Been to Atlantica Club Aegean Blue? Share your experiences!