We arrived art the hotel last night and at reception at about 9pm we were given our All Inclusive bracelet and told to go and have our evening meal then go back to check in. The restaurant closes at 9.30 pm even though the brochure states 10pm but there was a reasonable selection of food at the time. We then checked in and were driven on a golf buggie to the room which we thought seemed a long way away from the reception but in reality was a lot closer if you walked through the pool area.
The room is spacious with a double bed and 2 singles near the patio separated by 2 sliding doors, a fridge, TV with complimentary soft drinks and water. There is plenty of wardrobe space and a large bathroom with a bath separate toilet and shower cubicles. The patio area has chairs and a table and a grassed area with 2 sunbeds and a brolley and overlooks the pools.
Breakfast is served at the main restaurant having a good selection of cooked food and cold meats there is the usual hold up at the toasters as normal in any hotel .After breakfast we stopped at reception to pay for the safety deposit box and question the no air conditioning in the room to be told that they switch it off on October 1st even though the temperature at the moment is 28deg but we could pay 8 Euros a day if we wanted it. We found this a little off considering it is advertised as a 5* hotel and this is the first time we have ever been asked to pay for it at any 4 or 5* hotel including other Atlantica Hotels so one bad mark there. The outside patio light was on and we couldn’t find a switch to turn it off so with the thin curtains , hot room and light shining in not a very good nights sleep. We found the light switch for the outside light this morning hidden behind the backrest cushions in the single bed area not the sort of place you would think it would be so that is now off.
There is free wifi in reception which we are able to connect to on our patio with the use of a usb wifi extender so no need to sit in reception with the notebook and potter on line at our leisure.
Hopefully we will have plenty of sun and enjoy the rest of the holiday and we will put an update if we think of anything else on our return
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The location of this hotel offers the most amazing views of the sapphire Mediterranean seas. The perfect place for families and children of all ages. So much to do, no one will ever be bored. If you're travelling with little ones, they'll have a ball splashing around in the children's pool and letting off steam in the playground. Direct access to the beach, club- style facilities and organized activities make the Atlantica Agean Blue the ideal holiday for everyone! Number of rooms :396 ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA and Despegar.com so you can book your Atlantica Club Aegean Blue reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Club Atlantica Aegean Blue Hotel Kolimbia
- Atlantica Aegean Blue Hotel
- Hotel Atlantica Aegean Blue
- Atlantica Club Aegean Blue Rhodes, Greece