“Could be an absolute winner !!!!!!!!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Atlantica Imperial Resort

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Kolimbia
Atlantica Imperial Resort
5.0 of 5 Resort   |   PO Box 4101, Kolimbia 85103, Greece   |
Ranked #1 of 30 hotels in Kolimbia
Paisley
“Could be an absolute winner !!!!!!!!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2013

There are so many great aspects to this resort that it is a shame the company running it do not push the boat out a little further and make it a truly great place to stay. We arrived on a very late flight so there was a swift check in procedure which was professional and friendly. We were taken to our room and there was a rather sad looking stale sandwich waiting for us in the fridge which was fine as we were just tired and ready to sleep but if you are going to attempt to make a first impression on a customer at least try to impress them rather than disappoint. Our stay at the hotel was half board as we wanted to explore the island a little in a hire car. ( this was superb value booking it through George who operates in the hotel reception ). This is my main gripe on the first day I ordered 2 drinks at the bar and when I went to pay the waiter said he would have used different spirits if he had known I was not all inclusive. These were two completely watered down drinks charged to my room at 17 euros. The cost is not relevant until I find I have been given a second rate drink. This is not only an insult to myself but also to those people who are all inclusive who deserve to be treated in the same manner as me and not given a substandard drink. I was therefore too embarrassed to announce myself at the bar each time I wanted a drink as being any different to other guests so I chose to spend my money elsewhere. The charges for a bottle of house wine or water when eating was not in line with anywhere else on the whole island which is sad as it leaves an unpleasant taste to feel you are being ripped off. None of these things are controlled by the employees of the resort who were brilliant in every way, they were always most polite and seem very happy in their jobs. The cleaning and ground staff put most other resorts to shame. The attention to detail they showed was superb. I cannot fault the food in any way either. They try to cater for all tastes and the food was always freshly cooked and the choice was very good. The maître de was on hand every night and was as likely to be seen helping clear a table as he was chatting to customers or his very good staff. The management put on a weekly show where they thank the guests with a drink and firework show. This is a nice touch and would be something that many companies should consider copying. The entertainment which appears to come in for criticism is not great but certainly as good as any other hotel in that it was different each night and in general did entertain. The location of this hotel is superb and the beach although small is a lovely alternative to the pool area. We would probably not return to the resort for a two week stay as we like to travel around but would certainly consider returning for a week. My advice would be that if you are looking for a complete switch off then this resort is perfect in every way. There are also a really wide mix of nationalities and age groups which makes the resort far more friendly. PS the spa is well worth a visit, it is slightly more expensive than most but the massage is great.

Room Tip: all rooms appear fantastic but those lower down are further from the bar area so quieter at night al...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple

1,401 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (476)
  • Greek first
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2013 via mobile

Me and my boyfriend stayed at the Atlantica Imperial Resort from 26/10/13 - 2/11/13 and we got to say, a week wasn't long enough, we didn't want to leave.

Check in was quick and smooth when we arrived as we had been delayed just over 2 hours at East Midlands Airport due to a technical fault with the plane. So, it was a very pleasant surprise to finally get to our room to find a bottle of red wine, fruit, a bottle of water and sandwiches in the mini bar to tide us over after a very long day.

Our room was fabulous. We had booked a superior sea view room (1223) which was smack bang in the middle of the hotel, above the terrace, facing the pool, with the ocean in the distance, it was lovely. This came with bathrobes and his/her slippers which was a nice touch.

Food in the main restaurant was perfect, very varied and a different theme each evening so you would never get bored. I can only assume that if you stayed for 2 weeks it would repeat itself again with the same themes but to be honest, that wouldn't have bothered me.

The A la carte restaurant is a must. Me and my boyfriend loved it so much we tried to book it again before the season closed but unfortunately it was fully booked. The food was amazing and the service was at very high standard.

We can't really comment on the excursions or what the area was like outside of the resort as we never left the hotel because we were just so happy to chill out by the sea. Which is unlike us as we like to explore and see some culture so that says alot about the hotel and it's surroundings.

Same again about the entertainment, we never particularly got involved in the day time activities or watched the entertainment on an evening but what I will say is is that it was never pushy or over the top from what we did see or hear. Sometimes the duo came to the pool bar to sing and play some songs which was very subtle and relaxing.

The sun lounger situation was never a problem for us. Unless you wanted a prime spot, we found that some of these were always taken but again, it never really bothered us as by the afternoon we would take our towels and lay them on the beach. The beach itself is public and not owned by the hotel so the sun loungers there you had to pay for but what's the point when you are a stone throw away from the hotels sun loungers or failing that, just do what we did and lay them on the sand for free, simple.

Overall, the hotel was perfect for us. We are in our late 20's, early 30's and even though the clientele appeared to be slightly older it was great for us as we are not the 'Faliraki Party Goers' and the peace and quiet that the hotel offers was lovely.

This is the second Atlantica hotel I have stayed in (I have also stayed at the Atlantica Bay Hotel in Cyprus) and I am 100% sure I will be visiting another one in the near future hopefully.

Thank you to all the hard working staff at the Atlantica Imperial Resort for making our a stay a very enjoyable one and we hope to see you again very soon.

Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
AtlanticaImperial, Υπεύθυνος Δημοσίων Σχέσεων at Atlantica Imperial Resort, responded to this review, March 7, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a great review. We greatly appreciate your kind comments on our staff, food and facilities.. We will pass these on to the teams in the relevant departments
We are so pleased you find your superior sea view room so fabulous and we are delighted you feel food was amazing and we cater for you so well.
We are thrilled you are enjoying such a superb break with us and hope you take away many happy memories to cherish.

All the team look forward to welcoming you back in the future!
Brentwood, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2013

Spent the last week of their season here with my wife this October. Check in was really fast and efficient. Upgraded to a superior room which was very nice with a balcony looking over the pool and sea. Also had a fridge which was nice. No good if you watch a lot of TV because there are only a couple of English channels. More channels would be nice. Food was very good and varied. Lots of choice. We did use the Gourmet Restaurant one night, however it failed to impress and left me feeling that they were trying to be something they aren't by offering high end dining without the food to match in my opinion. The only real level of skill being in the desert and it was only a couple of mouthfuls. The Staff were very friendly and efficient on the whole. Only met one rude member of staff who was a blond girl in the Spa. We went all inclusive which was fine. Beer and wine was ok, better than other all inclusives I've been to. The cocktails could be better though. Entertainment was not the best quality and wasn't really for us. We are in our early forties and it's a nice place to go if you just want to relax in quiet surroundings. Pool was very nice but water was a bit cold being the end of October, however we had clear blue skies everyday and a comfortable average of 74/75 degrees. We would definitely go back should the opportunity arise.

Dear Guest,

Thank you for leaving your review and for sharing your experience with our readers.
The opinion of our guests is always valued.

We are sorry you feel disappointed with your dining experience at Atlas A la carte restaurant as the general feedback from the majority of our guests is excellent regarding food variety and quality.
We appreciate your positive comments on our check in procedures, we strive to make our guests welcome and relaxed when they arrive and we are pleased you enjoyed your superior room.

We all hope to welcome you back to our hotel in the future.
Worcester
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2013

Did not start well when offered a window seat on plane which did not have a window! Flight very bumpy.
Once at hotel we were given a double room although had asked for a twin. Since this could not be sorted quickly we stayed in double. The room large and comfortable. We had a leaking cistern in bathroom which took 3 visits and 2 days to sort.
The hotel is right on the beach and a short stroll to another by the small harbour.
As end of season everything was closing down, less than half of shops/restaurants seemed to be open which given the Greek economy and the number of tourists around was a surprise at the start of the week.
Only major gripe is that most of the hot food in restaurant seemed to be cold.
The drinks expensive but they did not sem to be much cheaper in few bars still open in resort.
The ballroom where entertainment took place large but the seating somewhat uncomfortable unless you got one of the few cane chairs along wall. The entertainment was acceptable but as all quizzes music based could not get into them.

Room Tip: A lot of rooms do not have a sea view as buildings terraced back from sea.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
AtlanticaImperial, Υπεύθυνος Δημοσίων Σχέσεων at Atlantica Imperial Resort, responded to this review, March 8, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review on Trip Advisor.

We are sorry to hear that you had problems with the your room.I hope this does not affect your disposal during your stay here.

You mentioned that the food in the restaurant was cold.We must say that the general feedback from the majority of our guests is excellent regarding food variety and quality. We are sorry that on this occasion we did not meet your expectations. .

We would like to thank you for your feedback and hope that you will visit our hotel sometime again in the future.
Cumbria
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2013

This was a lovely low key couples hotel. If you want to spend quiet days by the pool or you want to use the hotel as a base to travel around the island, want to get involved with the daytime activities or enjoy some spa treatments, then this hotel can offer you all of the above. Clean rooms with TV, hairdryer, tea and coffee facilities, fridge. Air con was not on as we stayed after October when it is turned off, which was a bit unpleasant for us during the night as we like it cool. The food was excellent, we were half board and there was a different menu every night of our 7 night stay. The entertainment was good and always well supported in the evenings. The pool was freezing so it was hardly used during our sty, which wasn't a problem for me as the temperature wasn't boiling. Reps were fab very helpful and friendly. Transfer was well organised and we checked in near midnight and it was all very smooth. We undertook a day trip to Lindos and Rhodes Old Town which was super. We were the last plane out to Rhodes for the season and you would never have known this, the hotel catered for us right up until we got on the coach to go to the airport. A really enjoyable break for us- apart from the mosquito bites!!! Take some protection! And the beds which were like lying on a rock!

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking time to leave your holiday review.

It is great to read that you enjoyed the hotel service and facilities.We will pass your comments on to the relevant departments.

We would be glad to serve you again as best as possible.
Nuneaton, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2013

Arrived in Rhodes on the 12/10/13,9.30pm.customs, checking points,straight to Thompson rep ,very polite extremely helpful.straight to coach transfere,with ease I must say.we were the second drop so got to our hotel around 10pm,wow, what can I say breath taking,greeted with glass of champaign , or orange,passports were givern to hotel tompson reps ,suitcases were left with a sticker that we were givern to put on the cases, in which they were taken straight to our rooms.hot meal and sweets were awaiting our arrival amazing gorgeous food.room outstanding, every box was ticked for its, spotlessly clean,tea coffee facilities the best we have seen. Bed,exceptional.bathroom towels changed daily. Cleaning daily.food was excellent , different theme daily Asian,Italian,etc.although it is a all inclusive we were half board, down fall expensive drinks, but you can pay daily for al inclusive for a 30/35 euro charge,we thought was an excellent choice if you don't drink which I don't my partner does.all drinks are charged to your room so be careful. As are most hotels.the staff here are amazing, I had a nasty accident down the road from the hotel , they looked after me, food to room, couldn't do enough for me all the rest of our hols, the staff remember you quickly so the are very polite, helpful, nothing is a problem for any of them.best hotel manager ever,he was my saver when I broke my wrist. Thankyou if you read this. You collect towels from spa area, small deposit get back at end of hol. Pool gorgeous , spotlessly clean, fresh water , cleaned all the time. Very quit round the pool , that's what we like.the lagoon style is breath taking,reminds us of Mexican hols for us the year before. Beach not owned by hotel but you use small charge for sun loungers. Entertainment, ok could be better but everyone enjoys it. Reps, Thomson couples . Rachel , Rebecca , faultless. Tours, did dint go on any because of my accident. We will be going back here again loved it. Hope this helps you all

Room Tip: Ask for pool and sea view the best.2nd floor.also sea views .
Dear guest,

It is a real pleasure to be able to read your review and we are so greatful for your complimentary comments on our food, location, service and facilities These are much appreciated and will be passed on to the teams in the relevant departments.

We are really proud of the service we offer and we really are thrilled to see that you enjoyed your holiday experience.

I am sure you have many great memories to last until your next visit.

Norwich, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2013

Just back from an 11 night stay. Plenty already been said but from our point of view only main criticism was stony beach with a cool sea ( warmer in Cyprus at same time of year) and the swimming pool was not heated so very few people used it . We had superior double with the sun coming up every morning over the balcony. Could not fault the room apart from it being hot during the night whether balcony door left open or not ( and a few mosquitoes to contend with once again whether door open or shut!!)as the aircon was too noisy to have on . Fruit and wine upon arrival and tea/coffee facilities replenished everyday. Rooms below also had a 'secret' sun lounger in front but no one was using them and we could see them anyway so probably not worth paying the extra. The swim-up rooms were at far end of hotel overlooking the roadway so would not have thought very good value or view . Although hotel was full it was always very quiet when we walked back to the room during the day or at night. No problem finding a sunbed at any time of day as they were spread round both pool area and overlooking the sea. Took part in some of the daily entertainment- exercise classes and afternoon quizzes by pool bar. Evening entertainment lasted an hour and half each night . Teri and Martine were great singers . The Twinz nightly singing was spoiled by bad sound system and you could not hear was they were saying . Outside acts brought in , some from the UK also added to evening. John's musical quiz every night also went down well.
All staff very courteous and friendly despite being told they only earned 4 euros an hour. Well worth anyone paying the extra 28euros a day to upgrade to 'all inclusive ' as dinks alone were around the 6 euro mark. We were quite disappointed you could not buy bottles of the brandy used at the hotel as apparently it made especially for the hotels and clubs ( presumably the other 'local' spirits also were as did not appear to be so strong as the imported ones.
Plenty of variety in the restaurant ( we always entered from the pool end so got a table straightaway) so you could always find something you liked . Went to the a la carte restaurant one night but was very disappointed with the limited choice on the standard menu. There should have been at least one more option for each of the courses without having to pay silly money to pick from 'stone grill' option.
Hired a car for three days - drove round the island in 1 day . Visited Lindos and Rhodes - you can get lost in both !

Room Tip: Worth paying for superior double just so you have sea view and no- one in front of you
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
AtlanticaImperial, Υπεύθυνος Δημοσίων Σχέσεων at Atlantica Imperial Resort, responded to this review, March 6, 2014
Dear guest,

Thank you for leaving your holiday review on Trip Advisor.

It is great for us to read your comments and we are so pleased you enjoyed your holiday .
I have noted your comments about the a la carte restaurant and I have passed this on to our Food & Beverage manager.
It can always be difficult to eat abroad when people have specific dietary requirements so we really focus on this to make sure everyone can enjoy our food .Thank you for sharing your experience, I am sure readers will find this useful.

Hopefully you will be back some time to enjoy our hospitality once again.

Been to Atlantica Imperial Resort? Share your experiences!