“Amazing hotel” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Village Rhodes

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Kolimbia
Holiday Village Rhodes
You added Holiday Village Rhodes to your Saves list
Kolymbia, Kolimbia, Greece   |
Ranked #3 of 30 Hotels in Kolimbia
“Amazing hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2013 via mobile

I'm shocked to read any bad reviews on this accommodation,although there are very few and can only think certain people will moan about anything.this is our first holiday in 3 years and was also our honeymoon,we came here as the first guests of 2013 with our 4 year old and 6 month old.we couldn't of picked a better hotel,on arrival all the staff were ready and waiting we were treated so well!
We booked a swim up room which was worth every penny with the two children as could still chill on balcony while our baby slept in room and other son played in the pool.
Room was spacious and clean and cleaned every day for us and new towels replaced!
Food was fab,for an all inclusive hotel this was the best food we've had abroad,lots of variety and even healthy foods available for my 6 month old which was great as saved me taking jars of food.
Ala carte restaurants were lovely only problem is the Greek one is very slow service which some may like but when have kids I like it abit quicker.
Drinks were fine sparkling wine was my fave as easy to drink,cocktails were far too strong and undrinkable,the staff dont use measures but maybe should.
The reps were always around if needed,the kids reps were fantastic and full of energy and the crèche was fab for my baby and provided us with a couple of hours to enjoy adult time in the spa while kids enjoyed the clubs.the spa was lovely we used it twice,gym was ok always quiet so could use everything.
The entertainers were amazing!Gee and Keith are our faves.keiths bingo dance always made us giggle,Gee was lovely character very smiley and friendly.loved the farmer Nigel and sprout game!!eve entertainment was good too,my 6 month old loved the widgets and my. 4 year old loved the loose chippens (his fave was stitch)
I always say never return to the same hotel and try other places but this holiday was so perfect and had everything we could of wishes for we would easily re book!
The water park area is great as is the high ropes
Highly recommend hiring a car great deals from rodos car hire in reception and visit lindos,Rhodes and faliraki beach!!

Very happy family and gutted to of had to return home

• Stayed May 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (516)
  • Greek first
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2013

Having read such glowing reports I'd foolishly had high expectations! Tricky to score as the hotel is very nice, clean, great facilities, good food, staff seem pleasant etc as you would expect for a 5*. However here comes the let down! Having booked 11 months ago, myself, with my 8 yr old and 3yr old twins, my friend and her 3 yr old booked 2 x rooms and requested they be next to each other as we are 2 mums travelling alone with young children and needing one another's help and company. Upon arrival we were given rooms at opposite ends of the resort! So visions of sitting and relaxing on the balcony in the evening while children were in bed has actually resulted in us having to be stuck in our rooms on our own! I accept they can't guarantee adjacent rooms but with 11 months notice it's surely not that hard?! The problem is apparently when we booked, unbeknown to us we were booked 2 different room types.... The only difference on the form was one had a bath and a shower, and the other just a shower - no difference in price, no warning from travel agent they may be in different parts of the hotel. We merely booked 2 adults and 4 children in 2 rooms, I feel it was their job to point out they were different types of room and possibly in different areas of the hotel, not my job to be psychic! Would they have split a family up and had mum over one side with 2 kids and dad somewhere else with the other 2? I don't think so!
Also if you require any form of peace - do not have a room on first floor of main hotel above reception. I am currently writing this at just after midnight while looking over the beautiful car park, where coach loads of people get off 3 times a week at 1am, listening to the noise and clatter of of the restaurant below. The atrium style lobby is very nice to look at but the noise and echo is massively amplified - possibly great for an orchestra but not to try and sleep in! I understand its a family resort, there is noise, but if you need things a bit quieter and wish to sleep before 1.30am as I do for sleeping tots, you really need to be elsewhere in the resort! We are told the hotel is full and we can't be moved so unless someone doesn't show, we have to lump it basically! Having said that - if the booking had been managed properly I would have gone home and no doubt written a very different review! Or if we had been advised correctly at the time of booking we would have spent our £4,500 on a hotel that could meet our needs.
Whilst on the negatives - you would think a 5* all inc would give you free water - but no, you have to buy a bottle from the shop first, which you can then refill free if charge. Great Eco idea, but really? They could surely give you a bottle to begin with! It says pool/beach towels included - but you have to pay a £10 deposit for each one and can change every 2 days.... again good for eco purposes. Tray of tea bags, coffee etc in room is only for arrival - you have to pay for more, they don't automatically replenish. You have to pay for use of safe. Fridge in room empty ..... Pointless! If you are planning on using chair/bed pull out, they are rock hard - you may as well just lay a duvet on tiled floor. Also lots of glass around which looks lovely and most doors have stickers on, but on arrival my 3 yr old ran straight into a glass door smashing her forehead.... Staff were very attentive and made sure she was ok. Possibly concerned for health and safety maybe?? If only they had the same concern about getting the booking right!
Will have to come back to you on the positives if this is rectified!!

Preston, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2013

We stayed here in September 2012 and although it was a nice hotel, it is most definitely geared more towards families. To be fair, I think our lack of research was more to blame for this but the swim-up rooms looked too good to miss and so we booked it without looking further into it!

We had a nice room in the quiet/relaxed part of the resort, which I thought would have meant no young children but that wasn't the case. As we don't yet have children, we were looking forward to a splash and scream free pool which on the most part we had as the children were lovely, but one child was just an absolute terror, throwing toys at people and peeing in the pool! So I do think the relaxed side should be kept for adults only. The swim-up part was lovely, but as it only got the sun for a couple of hours (due to us being in the corner) it wasn't somewhere you could relax all day.

The food was alright, it was all inclusive so I do think there's only so much quality you can expect from something that's meant to feed hundreds all at one time but I found myself eating much of the same fast food for the duration of the holiday. There was a couple of restaurants we went to (included in the all inclusive) but this was just the same buffet food displayed on a menu.

The worst point was that the main restaurant was right next to the children's entertainment, which was on all night bar a half hour of bingo. We ate quickly and then went straight to the adults only bar which was by far the best part of the holiday. There was always a good selection of cocktails on offer and either a jazz act or band playing which was good.

The service throughout the hotel was excellent and cleanliness was very good too. Overall nice stay but wouldn't return again without children!

Room Tip: Relaxed side if in a couple and towards middle not corner as those rooms don't get as much sun.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Crewe, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2013

we had a great time from the start to finish.
the service from every single Thompson rep from the airport to the resort was first class.
we were slightly worried as our young son had broken his leg 2 weeks previous playing football at school and we would of cancelled holiday if it wasn't for the fact our daughter was getting married on the resort, Thompson/first choice took all the worry away and we had a truly fantastic holiday and the wedding was brilliant.
the food, drinks were good and the entertainment was great for the kids.
If I had known I would of booked a swim up room but didn't know about them as it was a last minute booking.
we would definitely go there again and will be doing next year all being well.
the holiday village Rhodes is definitely worth its title of the number one holiday village....thanks everybody!!!!!!!

Room Tip: all rooms were about the same...I would say they are based on premier inn rooms...which are very goo...
Wales
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2013

We have just returned from a weeks stay at HV Rhodes and had the best time. Activities, pools, food, the reps and cleaniness was 10/10, we couldn't of asked for better weather or a better holiday. All the staff were friendly and helpful and a trip into the old Rhodes town and Lindos is a must. We hired a car from Rodos car hire (Nigel who is located in reception) and was very good value and cheaper than going on a bus. This was the 2nd time we have been to a HV and will most definitely be returning.

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2013

Just returned from holiday village Rhodes and writing my first review as we thought it was such a great place! Went for one week with my husband and 3.5 year old little boy. This was our first holiday out of the UK since having our little boy, as I was apprehensive about all the travel and hassle in taking a pre-schooler, but should have gone sooner as it was hassle free beginning to end.
The whole place exceeded our expectations, was modern, immaculately clean and the food fantastic!
The buffet and a la carte restaurants were great, amazing food especially for an all inclusive deal, in fact the best holiday hotel food we have had. Even the alcohol was good, white wine was good and even had bubbles, yes it was a local version of Spumante but was drinkable and even served in flute glasses which added to the feel of the place.
Kids club great, I accidentally paid for crèche when booking online, when it was pointed out on arrival that kids club was included in the price for the over 3's we were given a refund. Our little boy loved the kids club, they can go as many times as they want. The sessions last 1.5 hrs per session and run 5 sessions per day. All staff (local or first choice) made a fuss of the children and made them and us feel welcome.
We stayed in the relax area which is where the swim up bar is and away from the activity area so did feel relaxed.
Eva and Dimitri in the buffet restaurant worked hard daily and were great hosts. The restaurant was kept spotlessly clean, always clearing any used tables quickly and efficiently. Lots of variety of food and great quality, ate far too much!!
We went out once in the evening for a meal, but only as we thought we should rather than wanting to get away from the hotel. Had a great meal at a local Taverna which also lovely, but really could have been more than happy to stay at hotel
Will be returning very soon and recommending to friends. Thanks for a great holiday!

Room Tip: Go for the relax family or swim up room (safety gate on the doors of the swim up rooms).
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2013 via mobile

I must admit I was a little nervous after some reviews...but I honestly do not understand where people are comin from!

We have travelled the world before our daughter and stayed is some amazing hotels...but as a family hotel this was perfect!

We upgraded to deluxe the week before we travelled and got it at a bargain price and it was definately worth it...as the hotel had only just opened we were the first guests and it was so quiet...bliss!

We had room 4215 1st floor, no direct sun through windows all day which is great as it was SO hot (heat wave) and our room kept cool! Room cleaned daily, very spacious and very comfy bed!

Yes the pool was cold but in 35 degree heat thats what you need! U want a heated pool go your local baths!

The hotel staff were brilliant with my 18mnth old daughter and never battered an eyelid when she was runnin around! George works tirelessly all hours, Jamie guest relations is also very good, and craig the first choice rep also great, lovely guy

We went to lanzarote hv last year and this is 100% better.

Definately recommend it to families! Thanks for a great holiday!

• Stayed May 2013

Been to Holiday Village Rhodes? Share your experiences!