“Excellent” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #12 of 32 Hotels in Ialyssos
Moal1
“Excellent”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2014 via mobile

Lisa hotel is what Rhodos is all about!

Everyone working there is always smiling from the owner Mr. George to the cleaning ladies. They always up for a laugh and a joke.

I do not get the 2 stars. I should get at least 5 starts overall and 10 stars for service!

Feels like home

• Stayed June 2014

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
  • Finnish first
Porvoo
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2014

I can recomend Lisa to anybody who doesen't mind a bit of a walk to ixia and to the beach.
The hotel is really calm and the owners and employees are really nice. The rooms are basic but they have everything you need including a refridgerator. The drinks in the bar are very good and the food is of exelent quality.

Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
Oslo
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013 via mobile

Was there one week in June 2013. A bit off the main road, but the host drive guest to the beach for free every day. Pickup service for free too! Good cheap local food and cosy garden area. Games, karaoke and barbecue is part of the events during evevings. The owner is very eager to make the guests feeling special and unike. Free wifi in the cosy bar. Billiard, Dart and playground for small children. Small double rooms, but all very clean. I have no problems recommending the hotel. Taxi to Rhodos town is only €14 and cheap.

• Stayed June 2013
Birmingham, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2012

The Lisa hotel is a lovely family run establishment I was there in August 2012 , The bar and pool area are meticulously clean as is the rest of the hotel. The food is delicious and they do entertainement and on a Monday night it is Greek night whereby all take part in greek dancing and games and the food is free as long as you buy a drink. Amazing place and people and will definately be going back x

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
Rhodes, Dhodhekanisos, Greece
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2012

Icame from Finland for holiday in rhodes and stayed at hotel Lisa for a one week in June 2012. It was really one of the best holidays a had at last 5 years.
Hotel was very clean and peaceful. I got many new friends because the hotel is small and all the customers are like a big international family. All the customers with i had talked with had also very good opionion about the hotels and its staff. The manager of the hotel was working also at the bar of the hotel in the evenings. We had great time with him. He talked with us very frienly and offered us many drinks.
The story I read about keys I heard it also while my staying in hotel from one guy from Poland who is living in sweden. He made me to believe it for a moment , so i tried to open my neighbours rooms door with my roomkey. Of course it didnt open. So, this story is not true.
Also he tells that you cant find food without walking 35 minutes. I can tell that 50 meters from the hotel is restaurant. Also in the hotels pool and the bar food is served, By 10 minutes walking you are in the center of Ixia. It is full of restaurants, bars and super markets.
For the hotel 2 stars Lisa is excellent. It has everything you need. I cant understand why someone likes to tell so bad things (lies) about this hotel and its manager.
I will go again for sure to hotel Lisa for a holiday with my family.I can tell for everyone that if you go to hotel lisa you can see and understand what is a peaceful holiday in good atmosphare.
Thank you Hotel Lisa and Michael for my great holiday :)

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Trondheim, Sor-Trondelag, Norway
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2012

I stayed at hotel Lisa in august 2012. Its a hotel with a nice atmosphere thanks to the kind and friendly staff. The bar was a nice place to stay. There i got to know the other guests, thanks to Michael which were introducing other guests and made it a nice place to have a drink. The pool was delicate and really clean - encourage to go for a swim. Hotel Lisa gave good value for the money.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
Gothenburg, Sweden
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2012

The Hotel Lisa is located faaaar away from the main road, and even further away from the action in the nearest village, Ixia. Expect to walk for 35 minutes to get something proper to eat. In 35+ degrees heat(!). If you're old, you will have to use a taxi each time which will cost you 10 euros per trip.

We arrived to this medieval hotel at night, the first thing to greet us was an old man who gave us the key to our room. The key was the most basic looking key ever but I will get back to that.

We got up to the room who was dark and unpleasant to look at. The beds were hard as rock and the bathroom looked like it had not been touched since the seventies.

The room was also hot as hell because air-con is not included in the price.

We went down to the reception to buy the remote for the air-con but the owner micheal was not there at the time and he's the only one who can sell these things, the rest of the staff had no access to the cash register which was a brown box with a lock on it....

So we had to wait for like 20 minutes until he got back, we got the air con and got back up to our room.

The next day we were at the pool area and I had to go to the toilet so I decided to use the toilet located next to the pool area.
I went in there and locked the door and noticed that the key to the toilet door looked alot like mine so I took it out and compared it to the key to my room. They were exactly the same. I borrowed the toilet key and went up to my room, lo and behold I could lock and open my ROOM with the KEY from the public TOILET. as a grown man this didn't make me feel unsafe at night but I didn't feel safe leaving my room in the morning to go to the beach..

Later that day I confronted the owner Micheal about it but he didn't want to hear about it. I called my travel agency who then contacted him. He then removed the toilet key and saw the matter as finished. I told him that the keys to the rooms are not safe, they are a security issue, he then told me that there has never been any reports of theft in his hotel ever so it's no problem. I told him that his key system was a joke because other guests had opened other guest rooms with their keys which indicates that my case was not an isolated one. He laughed at me and told me that if I ever take something from the hotel again like I did when I borrowed the toilet key for 5 minutes he would call the cops to have me arrested.

I told him to go to hell and we never spoke again for the whole trip but still, this is not the type of reaction that I would expect from the hotel manager, quite the opposite.

I would never recommend this hotel to anyone unless you like walking and you don't have any luggage with you that you would risk losing if someone would break into your room. This hotel and it's manager Micheal are both from hell, here to ruin your vacation if they can.

STAY AWAY FROM THIS DUMP.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Lisa Hotel? Share your experiences!