Well....... I never thought I would be one of those people who goes back to the same place for their holidays!! But I am hooked on the spirit of the wonderful Filerimos - what a friendly, fun, kind, cosmopolitan place it is. Still a bit of a well-kept secret from fellow Brits - we are always in the minority - I have a great time with people from France, Poland, Spain, Holland, Germany and Russia. Majority were French this time, and weren't they nice - extremely friendly, up for a laugh and best of all, they loved my singing! Thank you all!
Met up also with my regular friends from Britain, and made some new ones too. Friend Pete took us to La Bonita - best restaurant in town - again. Fabulous night - thanks Pete!
Also went to see Sakis and my friends at the Rainbow Bar - a mile away by the Electra Palace - always a great place to be.
When I first went to Filerimos, it was 'a bit rough aroung the edges' but George, the Manager who started there last year is changing all that - new setup in the dining room, everything a bit more polished, and the staff team - several of them young and new - are a happy and united bunch - well done George!!
The animation boys are great - never tiring, great fun - hopefully they have plenty of people to play water polo and sing by now, as early season was a bit quiet.
The site - as ever - is fantastic - acres of beautifully maintained, established, gardens, lovely pools, 5-a-side football pitch, tennis courts, beautiful little church - don't miss it. Many of your 5-star places have nothing to compare with this site, which has taken years to mature as it has.
The maids are unobtrusive, come in every day - clean sheets and towels each day - and my apartment was spotless.
The fridge in 536 is still noisy - I have found a simple solution - just turn it off at the mains for the night.
The beach is still pebbly, but I love it.
Maybe I should have written a terrible review and guarded our secret place from you fellow Brits - but, hey, you don't know what you are missing!
- Also Known As:
- Filerimos Aparthotel Hotel
- Filerimos Aparthotel Hotel Ialyssos
- Filerimos Aparthotel Trianda
- Filerimos Aparthotel Hotel Trianda
- Filerimos Aparthotel Rhodes/Ialyssos
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- News for 2009: New Chef Koch employed that has extremely increased taste & quality of meals,New animation team and New service management.FILERIMOS VILLAGE is situated by the foot of the historical mountain of FILERIMOS in between the two villages Ialyssos & Kremasti on the northern west side of Rhodes . There are four room types in a revitalizing flowered garden area of 40.000m² with three pools. In the hotel, we give our guests full flexibility to choose room with breakfast, halfboard or All inclusive. Tennis court, Volley & Basket ball and Mini foot ball. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and HotelsClick so you can book your Filerimos Aparthotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.