Stayed for a week with the family in October 2011 at the Sun Beach. It's an average tourist class hotel, so don’t expect anything more. If you are looking for a great beach then go to the east coast, there is too much wind here and no sand. Also, you got planes flying right over your head and kids screaming 24/7 and the quality of food in the buffet is terrible.
As for the surroundings you can really tell that the money has run out. Has finished buildings and empty sites all around. Not very charming. All restaurants have photos of the food and plastic furniture. Classy…
On the other hand, the rooms were nice and clean and there were activities for the kids. However, the pool was too cold to swim in.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Sun beach resort complex is a magnificent 4* hotel located in a prominent position on the beach of Ialyssos, just 8 km away from Rhodes. The resort represents a fun and relaxing holiday environment with an impressive range of accommodation, fine cuisine & bars, leisure & sports facilities, good entertainment for all age groups and a high standard of warm and personal service. The property is suitable for people with walking difficulties & wheelchair users. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Priceline, Despegar.com, TripOnline SA and Odigeo so you can book your Sun Beach Resort Complex reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sun Beach Resort Complex Hotel Ialyssos
- Sun Beach Hotel Complex
- Sun Beach Ialysos
- Sun Beach Hotel Rhodes
- Sun Beach Resort Complex Rhodes/Ialyssos