We went here for our Honeymoon and upon arrival we were slightly disappointed with a few things but overall happy with a very nice Hotel and Grounds.
We were disappointed we didn't get an upgrade for our Honeymoon (but you can't win them all I guess!) and were disappointed to find out the WiFi is only on the ground floor, payable and not cheap. Their idea of a fully stocked mini bar is a couple bottles of water, a few soft drinks and ONE small can of beer in a fridge that struggled to keep anything cool.
What is advertised as a Pool Bar is not a bar in the pool but a bar near the pool which, ridiculously, closes at 4pm.
The Beach is very poor - very gravelly and pebbly and only about 5 metres from grass to sea, but the water is pleasant and gets deep fast!
The biggest disappointed was the bed, which was 2 single beds pushed together and with 2 sets of single bedding. This makes it impossible for a loving couple to share a bed properly!
All this being said the Hotel was very clean, the rooms were nice, the grounds well kept and beautiful, the food was absolutely outstanding and irresistible - you will put on weight :) and the Staff were very friendly and helpful and their linguistic skills were awe inspiring - flitting between languages with ease.
The Hotel is not in the best location if you like an evening stroll but sea sport lovers will find what they need a little up the beach.
If you need to venture out there is a range of unguided excursions which are reasonably priced but we recommend walking up to the main road and getting a bus to town for 2.20 euros, then the whole Island is at you disposal - the Water Park at Falaraki is worth a visit.
This is directly under the flight path for All incoming flights but it only really bothered us over Sat/Sun when there was a plane every 20mins (or so it seemed)
All in we had a fantastic 10 days and the Hotel is probably the best in the Area, but would say it is very much a Family Holiday Location more than a Couples Retreat.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Constructed on 1974 and renovated to a high standard in 2006, The Electra Palace Hotel in Rhodes is decorated in Art Deco style and it portrays loyally the sophistication of the Italian flair of the island. The Electra Palace Hotel, situated on the western coast of Rhodes, consists of two buildings, twenty meters away from the sea front and very near the village of Trianta. Three restaurants offer a variety of ambiance, style and choice of theme eating and the three bars of the hotel provide the opportunity of choosing between the sea or pool view. Card table area and TV room with a large screen, Internet Corner, Sports facilities, Basket-Ball, Volley-Ball and Tennis court, swimming pools and shops. All rooms have private balconies overlooking the Aegean, the pool or its magnificent gardens. Except of the standard rooms Junior suites, Family and Executive suites are available to satisfy the most demanding customer. Other children hotel facilities include a playground, a mini club, baby cots, high chairs, children’s menu for lunch and dinner, a juniors club with internet access, RPG games and Nintendo corner. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Despegar.com, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Expedia, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Electra Palace Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Electra Palace Hotel Ialyssos
- Hotel Electra Palace
- Electra Palace Ialysos
- Electra Palace Rhodes
- Electra Palace Hotel Rhodes
- Electra Palace Resort Rhodes/Ialyssos