You added Blue Bay Deluxe Complex Rhodes Waterpark Hotel Ialissou to your Saves list
Blue Bay Deluxe Complex Rhodes Waterpark Hotel Ialissou
Leoforos Ialissou, Ialyssos 85100, Greece   |
Ranked #20 of 33 Hotels in Ialyssos
London, United Kingdom
“never again”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2011

me and my partner were really looking forward to our first holiday away together but had read the reviews and were a little worried when we arrived we were put in one of the old buildings which was definately no where near the star rating it described when we booked. we werent greated and was told to just follow someone who lead us to an auwful room, their were plugs which an adult could get there finger in let alone a child. there were stains on the head boards, holes in our towels and the bathroom door had a section chopped out so the door could actually close. the general state of the room was terrible. our balcony not only had a filthy table but we had dirty knickers and a babies comforter left next to our balcony, cigarette ends and large screws lying on the broken floor boards. we complained the next morning and found we were among mainy others that didnt get what they had paid for. the service was auwful and unhelpful it was as if this came all to often to the staff who didint do anything to help, we were told to phone a number and complain to someone that was only there one day a week (2 days before we were due to leave) my partner was going to propose and had explained this to the receptionist but made no effort to try and make our stay a little better, we were so unhappy we would never return to this complex again. a very upsetting time for both of us. i will always remember the day my partner proposed but unfortunately was in a place i would never want to return to.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (86)
  • Polish first
some where
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2010

after being sold this 5 * hotel all inclusive we couldn,t wait ....... but very disappointed . the hotel was on it,s own the beach front was horrible dirty and gravel sand full of fag ends !!! no water sports available and walk up beach front was quite scary poorly lit and fuilthy dirty .
food in hotel was very poor didn,t cater for english cheap and nasty cereals , frankfurt sausages salami cheese uck !!! lunch and evening was same nearly every day all i seemed to live on was grated raw carrots and coleslaw and all my partner ate was cold hard chips and ..... well puddings which was sponge or ice cream or like angel delight ? don,t go here it,s not what you think !!!

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
Newcastle, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2010

we arrived at the hotel at 5:45am at the reception we got cheaked in and then we got given our keys to our rooms their was 6 of us in total.the next day we went down to the pool area to find some sunbeds but once we all got down at about 8:30 am we found out that there was not one single sunbed free. we then found that if you wanted at least one sunbed you had be down at the latest 7:00 am. we evnetually found some seats. after that commotion all the kids went in to the pool they thourily enjoyed them selves while in there but we found that the pool was very murcey and had some mud and sand in we actully thought that the sea was cleaner than than the pool. i also thought that the out side of the hotel was dangerous esppecially if you had young children. personally i would like to relax when im on holiday but all i did was worry because i was scared that one of my children would fall and cut themselves. then later that day they went to the toilet and slipedd on the granet and fell cutting her leg on the sharp edges of the granet. so then the hotel was very helpful by calling a taxi once we got to the hospital they got sorted. then they called me to say that she was fine but wasent allowed to go in the pool for the rest of the week which really upset her. as they where satnding outside by the hospital they were trying to call an ambulance but could not find a number any where they where stould there for about 30 minutes but eventually got back to the hotel. the water park was that good we couldnt spend more than an hour there we found that the pool and the beach was better and more entertaining. the evening entertainment was really good as there was a mini disco for the younger ones after that there is a diffrent event and on mondays there is a greek night which you will remember for a long time aalthough you have to pay for it. in the day time there are many games going on in the pool and outside of the pool where you could join in. the only fault i would say is that the pool games often take up the shallow end of the pool so the little ones wouldnt really beable to go in the pool inless they went in the deep end.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
s-east uk
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2010

This complex is a very nice 3 star resort - not 4 star as stated in brochures/online etc. There are 3 hotels in the village the best one being Blue Bay Hotel. You are free to roam around the complex and use all the facilities. Several swimming pools, direct access to the beach and sea through the complex, food and drink available all day long if you are all inclusive plus entertainment most days. There is also a waterpark with slides etc on site however you do have to pay for this.
Some aspects of the complex such as connecting roads are not to our standard but adequate and there is not a lot available within walking distance outside the complex but the bus at the top of the road takes you to neighbouring Rhodos in 20 minutes or there are car/scooter hire places nearby.
Only one negative you are on a direct flight path to the airport so can be noisy at times but you do get used to it.
Overall a very nice resort for families of all ages.

• Stayed September 2010
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2010

We stayed 2 weeks all inclusive - I think it really does depend on where you end up staying as there seems to be 3 hotels in the 'holiday village' as well as individual bungalows, luckily we were in the actualy blue bay hotel and we loved it! The rooms were cleaned 6 days a week. The food was varied, always something for everyone. My 3 year old daughter loved the choice of 3 pools as well as having access to the waterpark 6 times as this was included in the price. The animation team were fab, thanks to Babou, Billy etc as the 'mini disco' etc as my daughter had ball dancin the nights away with her new best friend! I would def stay here again although maybe between June and Aug as they switched the air con off for 3 nights until everyone complained as its 33 degree heat and until they did we had to leep on the balcony (apparently this happend every sept!) the noise from the aircraft flying overhead is a bit scary at th beginning but you get used to it............................

blackwood
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2010

I have just arrived home from what I can comfortably (now i'm back home), say was one of the worst holidays I have ever had.
I made the mistake of booking this before reading any reviews on the hotel and was nervous to say the least when we arrived at 1am. As we got off our bus we were met by some tipsy revellers saying not to believe the reviews, the hotel is fantastic. Starting to feel a little better we went up to reception to book into the hotel. Once booked the porter lead us and some other new arrivals down the road and my dread rose up again. We were told that the hotel was fully booked and that we were being put into the Matula Beach Resort (or Crapula Beach as it became named!). The man on the desk was rude, surly and i had to ask 4 times if the room we were being given was a family room that i had paid extra for. he then proceeded to send us off on a mad mystery tour hunting for our room as he told us we were on 2nd floor when we were on 1st! getting to the room we were stunned at the miniscule size of it. Where ever we moved we would bang into furniture, bed posts etc and by time we finally crashed onto the beds i was already covered in bruises. Not that we got much sleep due to the extraordinarily low planes coming into land. By 8am I had had enough and was marching over to Blue Bay to get moved.
When I got to reception I met the only star in a very poorly run hotel. Maria listened as I explained that I had paid to stay in the Blue Bay Hotel and NOT the village. I showed her some of the bruises received thru the night due to the badly designed room and she advised me to come back again at 9.30 once she could speak to the reservations manager. I tried speaking to Pam the youtravel rep, however she was rude, speaks over you, couldnt be bothered to come out and look at the room - just saying it had been recently renovated. A lick of paint does not mean renovated. In the end she said she would ring the hotel (she didn't - I asked).
I went back to my husband and child in our room whilst waiting for reservations manager only to then get a phone call from the Crapula's reception saying they were moving me to a diff room anyway as i was put in wrong one! Told her quite bluntly that I was getting out of there even if we had to pay to go to a different hotel and claim a refund. Needless to say Maria did her magic and said she had got us a room and we could move into it at 12.30 once previous occupants had moved out! This pretty much ruined our 1st day as we spent it waiting for room - eventually moved in at 2.30 once they had got round to cleaning it, unpacking and getting sorted. We then planned to enjoy what was left of our day.
We were on aground floor room with a childrens pool directly outside which we initially thought was nice but no-one tells you that this is a german hotel with approx 10% of visitors being English. We were bullied away from childrens pool but aggressive german families. The main pool is just as bad. If you are not there before breakfast to get a sunbed - dont bother til about 3.30 after waterpolo. I ended up with more bruises when a german couple pushed their beds so firmly towards mine to get the angle right, it slid over mine and pinned my foot inbetween. I was then called an arrogant English cow who thought she owned the place when i complained he didnt even apologise!! This was standard behaviour from them day in and day out. The animation team is also focused more on them than English clientel as apparently they are bigger payers!
The food there is ok-ish although very samey. Not much variation day in and day out. But plenty of it. Wouldnt really class as all inclusive as you can only get free drinks by pool - the main bar is a pay bar.
Waterpark is ok for an hour but my boy who is slide crazy got very bored in half of thaT. It comprises of 6 waterslides and a very badly maintained childrens area with algae growing on floor which makes walking very treacherous.
Keep an eye on the rooms as cockroaches are common there despite them cleaning my room out with pure bleach (by smell of it!). They do keep coming back as well as lines of red ants and horrible spiders that jump when you try and get them out!
If you want late check out ireally wouldnt bother as they just tell you to keep going back and forth to reception all the time and the manager (a Wayne Slob impercenator) actually told one family stood next to me to hurry up and go home as he was fed of their whining!!!
I am really someone not prone to complaining and making best of things but i will now be booking a package holiday, pay more and guarantee a good time for next year. Please don't waste your money on this one.

Extra point - if you have already booked - go to Billys Bar around the corner as its a friendly atmosphere, cheap booze and footie matches galore lol!!!

Runcorn, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2010

It is worth the extra for one of the party to have a room with a pool, We were a party of eight with one couple in a pool access room. All the rooms were cleaned every day the whole complex wasexceptionally clean. There is a pay bar which you dont have to use but coctail hour is a must. The food was brilliant hard to resist. The Hotel was a way out but there are ways and means. Rhodes town is lovely. The beach is pebbles, take beach shoes with you. I would recomend this Hotel, we will be re booking.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled with family

Been to Blue Bay Deluxe Complex Rhodes Waterpark Hotel Ialissou? Share your experiences!