“Good location, penny pinching owner.” 2 of 5 stars

Anastasia Hotel
28th October Str, 46, Rhodes Town 85100, Greece   |
Ranked #11 of 123 Hotels in Rhodes Town
Certificate of Excellence 2014
“Good location, penny pinching owner.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2012

Stayed at this hotel based on the Lonely Planet Guide. Whilst the location was good and the room clean, that was about it. We had problems with mosquito's in our room which the owner warned us about and said we would need to keep the windows closed in the evening. The remote to the air conditioning did not have a battery in it so was not able to be used. The breakfast was by far the worst of our 3 weeks of travels, hot dog rolls and yoghurt served up every day, even though the rolls were untouched every day. We found the owner could be pleasant one minute and then distinctly unpleasant later in the day, our questions seemed to annoy him. The outdoor bar talked about in the guide is now a storage shed. Would not recommend this place.

• Stayed May 2012
LALOS28, Owner at Anastasia Hotel, responded to this review, October 5, 2012
We take great pride in the comfort of our guests at Anastasia Hotel. We apologize for the issue with your air conditioner. Had you brought it to our attention we would have been happy to assist you in getting it to function properly.

Our breakfasts consist of coffee or tea, orange juice, Greek yoghurt with walnuts and honey, hard boiled eggs and fresh bread (with spreads), croissants & biscuits. We find that the majority of our guest enjoy this traditional Greek breakfast.

We receive glowing feedback from our guests about our the decor of our hotel (built in 1930) and our courtyard that houses banana and other fruit trees along with our treasured turtles. We're very proud the traditional look and feel of the building and it's surroundings.

Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
  • Greek first
  • Turkish first
Oradea, Bihor, Romania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

We arrived in Greece early in the morning with the airplain and we were quite tired, we didn't booked any hotel because we thought that it will be easier to find something nice and cozy rite there:) So, it began the Hotel Hunting:) At one moment we saw Anastasia Hotel and i went inside to see if they have free rooms and what is the price:) Before this, i entered few hotels which i didnt like because of the price, etc. Anastasia hotel is love at first sight, very clean, lot of trees, little cats, little turtles, a cozy family hotel:)

Mihaly, the owner is a very nice guy and his sense of humour is his way of beeing, he is not rude, people, this is his way of being friendly with you:) He told me also that i am a bit blonde but it was a joke and we laugh a lot:)

The breakfast was an inspiration, i don't expect to eat in my holidays things that i can find home too, so, i am happy to try everething is new:) I like it when Mihaly told me how to eat my yoghurt, with honey and nuts, delicious, thank u Mihaly:)

First day we stayed at the groundfloor and the next two days we were on the top of everybody, on the last floor, we had a great terass and the view was also great:) The air conditioned worked perfectly so it was no problem with cooling:)

So, it was a great holiday, i had few moments alone with Mihaly, before leaving and we talked, he is very inteligent and he puts all his soul in that hotel and everybody who steps his home is his friend so don't be afraid to book Anastasia Hotel in Rhodes, Greece, it is great:)

Mirela is also great:)

P.s: Thank you for everything, Mihaly, don't ever change:) I am not blonde anymore, now i am red:) Haha:)

Kisses, Adela and Sebi Tont, Romania:)

Room Tip: Every room is ok, everywhere is clean and quiet:)
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Newcastle, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2012

If you're looking for the Sheraton then go to the Sheraton but if you're looking for somewhere quiet, clean, hospitable, convenient for old Rhodes and the beach and super value then this is the place for you.

Quiet, secluded oasis in the centre of Rhodes convenient for the beach (10 mins) and the old town (10 mins). We had a lovely week with Mihalis and Stefania. Mihalis has a great sense of humour - he may curse the "tourists" but he happily gives up his time to point you in the right direction to make sure you see the real Rhodes. Bougainvillea, vines, bananas. The breakfasts were excellent and we had the added treat of watching baby tortoises hatching in the grounds.

Highly recommended.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Gosport
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2012

We were so happy we chose the Hotel Anastasia. Michael welcomed us - a great sense of humour. So well situated for everything, we could walk to so many parts of the town and buses nearby. Very clean, lovely courtyard garden, and wonderful breakfasts. Thank you for looking after us for a few days. Definitely recommended.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2012

the best place to stay. in rhodes.
a real hotel with high standard service!!
we got a full snd detailed information about the city of RHode.
the room was clean and it is designed and comfortable. lovely garden
near the beach and near thr city center.
near bus station to the airport.
deliciuis breakfast!
very recomanded

• Stayed August 2012
Athens, Greece
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2012

My daughter and I stayed here on a one night mini holiday to Rhodes. Choosing the hotel based on the positive reviews, I knew I would not be disappointed. It is true that we did not have much interaction with the couple running the place, but to be honest we were not exactly hanging around. They were very clean, very professional. I did overhear Michalis speaking French, in addition to his perfect English, and I did wonder as to how many languages he knew.

As far as the room was concerned, it was on the ground floor and spotless, roomy enough for 3, and with an air conditioner which was a lifesaver as there was a horrible heatwave. The best thing about this room and hotel is that indeed, you can easily walk to all the shopping and attractions in Old and New Town, as well as to the port. I wouldn't want to walk to the cruise port with luggage from here though. Another point in favor of this hotel was the fact that it was very, very quiet!

We arrived using the public transport bus from the airport, which dropped us off not at all far from the hotel, but I was very glad to have been given directions from the owner as to how to get there. Using the bus was very easy, tickets are bought on board from the driver and I do recommend exact change. (at the time of writing, 2.60 Euro pp) The bus stop to return was even closer, just look for a bus with a picture of an airplane on the screen where the destination is written.

The only 'warning' I will give about this place is not to expect amenities in the bathroom beyond a mini bar of soap. I was very glad to have brought a small bottle of shampoo with me (we were not checking baggage) However, if I had had another, we may have gone swimming.

I mentioned before about the owners, and how professional they were. I must mention that they ever so kindly took my bag when I arrived at an obnoxious hour of the morning (it must have been before 7 am) and even let us have our room around 10 or 11. They may even have had it ready earlier. I was very thankful for this. Also, the next morning when we checked out they kept an eye on my bag again until the afternoon when we left. That was a lifesaver.

That's all I can remember... I hope it helps someone in their planning. I would probably stay here again because of location.

Room Tip: We were up early, so it did not matter, but room 7 and 8 on the ground floor are right where breakfa...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Bloomington, IN
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2012

I loved this hotel. It was in the heart of the new town, but tucked inside a city block so that when you were sitting in the courtyard (about which more below) it was very peaceful. The neighborhood was nice, a lot of larger hotels but also several older villas and houses. There were restaurants all around, and laundry a block away with very reasonable rates and excellent service.

We had two rooms, a quad and a double, they were spotlessly clean, perfectly comfortable, with plain beds, the best pillows I have had in Greece, and antique wardrobes. The building was built in the 1930s and really has been lovingly kept and restored, rooms have very high ceilings, tile floors, etc. The bathrooms have been added to the original rooms, and are tiny, but with lots of shelf space above the sink, which makes up for a lot! The showers were the kind that can flood the bathroom if you are not careful. On the first night, one of the air conditioners started running out of coolant and worked less well, but they called in repairs the next day and it was fine.

The owners were pleasant and helpful, even when our ferry boat was late and we arrived around midnight. Breakfast was served in the garden that ran around the house, it was so beautiful with all kinds of fruit trees and flowers and herbs in pots, clearly a labor of love for the owners. There was a bar available there also, although we did not use it.

All in all, it was a beautiful experience, and I definitely recommend it if you want to stay in the town, much nicer than the bigger concrete hotels all around it.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family

Been to Anastasia Hotel? Share your experiences!