We loved this little place run by the lovely host Nina. She is an absolute gem who has a great sense of humour and one of the kindest and warmest hosts.
The hotel itself is in the heart of old town. If you want to stay in the old town the location of this hotel could not be better. All the great bars and restaurants and sites are within walking distance. The hotel itself is small and cosy and it is built in a 700 year old building. It feels quite amazing staying in it. You see parts of the old city wall around you.
The room we stayed in was small and basic but we had expected that anyway. The bathroom is tiny but comfortable enough. The rooms are absolutely immaculate.
The breakfast was absolutely amazing. Nina makes fresh stuff everyday. You get an array of sweets either baked by her or freshly bought from the bakery. Then it's all the breads with home made jams. they she makes you lovely savoury stuff like ham and cheese or fetta and tomato. Lots of diff things every day. The menu changed everyday we were there. She also squeezes you fresh orange juice every morning. Our last day there we had to leave early and she got up and fed us at 7 a.m. (when breakfast starts at 8:30 a.m). She refused to let us go without feeding us and it was a big spread. She is such a lovely host.
The WIFI in the rooms was actually very good. We had no issues at all.
The only issue with staying in the old town is that no cars are allowed in. So when we got dropped off to the hotel from the airport we had to walk a bit, dragging our suitcases through the middle of the town, to get to the hotel. However we were told by Nina that we should have called her and she would have told the taxi driver to drop us off just outside the hotel. Most taxi drivers apparently don't like driving in but they can do drop offs. So best to keep that in mind. When she called us a taxi to the airport they picked us up just outside of the hotel, no issues. So keep that in mind.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Ideally situated, right inside the Medieval Town in Rhodes, very close to the commercial Harbour, Camelot Hotel is a traditional and classic hotel which besides its unique architectural design and location, is offering a variety of services making your accomodation unforgetable. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Priceline, Tingo and BookingOdigeoWL so you can book your Camelot hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Camelot Hotel Hotel Rhodes Town
- Camelot Hotel Rhodes Town
- Camelot Hotel Rhodes, Greece