“Wonderful family run hotel” 5 of 5 stars

2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   12 Ioanni Kazouli Street, Rhodes Town 85100, Greece   |
Ranked #23 of 123 Hotels in Rhodes Town
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Spalding
“Wonderful family run hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2012

We were lucky to be recommended to this hotel when our original accommodation didn't work out. The owner Prokopis was so welcoming and the staff always very helpful and friendly. The hotel itself is well located in a quiet side street near to the town and is very clean and well maintained. We stayed for almost three weeks and felt really at home. The continental breakfast was very good and catered for all tastes. The room was very comfortable with A/C and a refrigerator. As we have many friends in Rhodes we visit at least once a year and will definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Rooms to the back are quieter although it's not a noisy area. Most rooms face either south east...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
  • Greek first
  • Turkish first
Sými, Dhodhekanisos, Greece
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2012

Here’s a story about the staff at this hotel: I booked in for a night and reserved the single room with my debit card some days before. The room was fine (probably the only single room I've seen in Rhodes that is actually a single room, with a single bed), the A/C was spot on, breakfast was ok, continental, the staff were really helpful and the location is fine. I’d booked the room as my mother and a friend were taking a late night/early morning flight and I was there to see them off. No one minded that they used my room for showers before they went. Anyway:

The following morning I went to settle up the bill. They’d not taken the money from my bank with the card I’d used for booking, so I handed over the cash. A bit of reception banter followed and I explained that I was heading back to Symi, was wished a good journey and I was on my way.

So there I was happily minding my own and looking at the day-trip boats in Mandraki harbour, on my way to get the boat back home to Symi when I heard someone calling ‘Mister Collins?’ Well, he can’t mean me. ‘Mister Collins!’ Or maybe he can. I turn around just as the hotel receptionist pulls up on his moped. Now I know I don’t have any hotel towels in my bag so it can’t be that. ‘I’m sorry,’ he says, ‘but we have a problem with your booking.’

The problem was: the night staff had actually taken the money from my card and paid for the room, but he only discovered this once I had left. So there he was tracking me down to hand me back the cash as I had, unknowingly, paid twice. Mildly stunned, I thanked him and went on my way. His honesty gave my morning a great big boost. I was glad that I’d told him I was heading to Symi or else wouldn’t have known where I was to be found. He could have been driving around Rhodes, or chasing taxis to the airport trying to find me for the rest of his shift.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
Salisbury, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2012

Stayed just for one night before heading off on ferry to Symi - ideal for an overnight stay, very comfortable, clean rooms, really close to everywhere I needed to be, and there was no problem with me checking in after midnight. Would certainly stay there again for an overnighter

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
Pomarkku, Finland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2012

We chose a very low budget vacation trip to Rhodes. So our expectations were quite low, too. Hotel International turned out to be the best quality family run small hotel we have ever stayed in.
Prokopis (manager) and other personnel were extremely helpful and polite. We had some problem with our shower room and they tried their best to fix it. After a good try, we were given a new room and a refund.
Breakfast was a real breakfast, not only "morning coffee" as we were told by our travel agency. Rooms were quite small but air conditioning was excellent. Hotel's location is great, too.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Istanbul, Turkey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2012

I stayed in this hotel for 4 nights with a friend of mine who decided to come in the last second. Although they did not have any available rooms for him, they let him stay in my room for a small extra charge. The manager and other workers are the nicest people in the world. Very professional, friendly and problem-solver. They have a small area in front of the hotel where you can sit and enjoy a drink at a very reasonable price.The location is very nice which is about 200 yards from the Elli beach and walking distence from the bars street. There are many bars and cafes nearby also. It is not noisy and it is very safe. They have a locker. Nice working AC. Rooms are nice. The hotel is clean. Cleaning service is also nice. I will definitely come back. With love from Turkey!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
Belgrade, Serbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2012

It was my first time in Rhodes, but I am sure it will not be the last one, not only because I have bought an umbrella (custom that many believe will bring you back for sure to this wonderful island), but because I had perfect accommodation conditions.

Hotel International was a place that we had booked to stay during 10 nights in Rhodes. At first, just before leaving Belgrade and organizing the trip, we have consulted TripAdvisor, to read the comments of tourists that have previously stayed at this place. I really have not expected to much, and not more than a good hotel accommodation, not very exclusive but good enough to feel comfortable. According to the comments I could be sure more or less that the hotel is well positioned, in a street not so exposed to the loud central streets full of bars and restaurants, and that it should cover at least the most necessary: clean rooms, proper breakfast, safety and polite staff.

Well, all this mentioned is true, but I would add that, besides, it is on 10 minutes walk time to the old part of the town, it is in quiet and not so crowded street, and just 5 minutes away from the closest, very popular Elli beach! An ordinary tourist could not ask for more, if you are on holidays with friends this is the most important thing. Everything is close enough! This place has provided me much more than I have expected, and believe me not because I adore curtains or the terrace view, but mostly because of the people that work there and that have given their best to make me feel like I am at my home and surrounded by friends and familiars! :)

I have to mention that I had a problem with my traveling agency, in the process of room reservation, but at coming to the hotel International the staff was more than willing to help us resolve all of these problems and this has delighted me completely. Special thanx to the manager and other people that are working there, they are magnificent! We have really felt safe and comfortable in this hotel and that is why I would recommend it to all my friends if they decide to go to Rhodes!

Room Tip: Rooms that have a view to the street are great!
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
Belgrade, Serbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2012

Honestly more than I expected. Fine, quiet, clean hotel on excellent location, with very nice people who made me feel at home. I travelled a lot through Greece and this is one of my best experience. I will be back.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo

Been to Hotel International? Share your experiences!