This was our third fortnight at Avra Beach in the last 18 months. We have enjoyed every holiday very much end fully intend to return as soon as we can. The first time we booked we were quite apprehensive after reading some of the negative reviews, but when we got there we were delighted. The hotel is very well run, very friendly and clean. The rooms are fairly basic, but comfortable and very clean. This holiday we had an excellent room overlooking the sea. It was very large with a window and a good sized balcony and a fantastic view.
The pool area is lovely.
All the staff in the hotel are extremely friendly and welcoming and will do whatever they can to help you.
There is a good choice of food in the restaurant and we enjoyed every meal (and we can be quite fussy) - it is nice to take the food out onto the terrace and take in the beautiful view while you eat.
We spoke to many other families and couples who also loved the hotel and want to go back again.
The major strength of ths hotel is the animation team, led by Artur, who work extremely hard to keep everyone very well entertained all day. There is a full programme of activities for adults and for children. If you prefer not to get involved you can just relax and enjoy the sun and the music around the pool. One night a week there is a Greek night, with Greek musicians and dancing and on the other nights the animation team provide the entertainment which is always very enjoyable and great fun. They kick off each evening with a mini disco which the kids love, followed by the show (often there is a bingo game just before the show).
We always eat out for the odd meal and there are some lovely places to visit such as Lindos and Rhodes Town, but we enjoy the hotel and the entertainment so much that we tend to spend most of our time there and have our days out when the animation team take their day off.
Thank you very much Artur, Aniko, Ash, Chelsea and Jenny for making our holiday so special and thank you Artur also for putting on Ladies Night!! We'll be back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The hotel bungalow apartments Avra Beach Resort is situated on the beach of Ixia, 6km west of Rhodes town and 7km from Rhodes International Airport. The hotel covers 18.000 square meters of blossom garden and well kept environment. The hotel is closer to the beach than any other hotel in the area (literally on the beach!) and very close to local shops of Ixia. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Orbitz and Despegar.com so you can book your Avra Beach Resort Hotel - Bungalows reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Avra Beach Hotel
- Avra Beach Resort All Inclusive
- Avra Beach Resort Hotel - Bungalows Rhodes, Greece